Friday, June 5, 2020

Cringe-Inducing Memories People Can't Shake


Someone on AskReddit got a fun thread going about the cringeworthy memories that continue to persistently haunt people. Some moments are so full of pure cringe that folks just can't forget them. Like the dude in this thread that showed up to work, and had no idea that he'd been fired, and worked all day. Yikes. 

1.

Text - RandomRavenclaw87 • 3h 1 Award The time my internet access was shot over a weekend, so I went to work as usual on Monday, and stayed and worked all day, and only found out l'd been fired the week before when I got home. Small, very high-profile business. Everyone was acting weird all day. I soft-broil myself to sleep in this memory.

2.

Text - chieflikeanindian • 4h Doing a "prom-posal" for a girl who broke up with me two days after or... 3rd Grade Spelling Bee... I misspelled field and lost it on stage.

3.

Text - frootrollups • 3h At the end of a great job interview, shook the guy's wrist instead of his hand and held on like I meant to do it. Didn't get the job...

4.

Text - sd_swole • 3h Severe lack of social skills and a desperate desire for attention made me lick a gym floor for a solid 3 ft. streak to try and, "impress" a pretty girl. I don't know what the hell I was thinking lol

5.

Text - -EDGAR- • 2h I've shared this story before but I still cringe when I think about my first solo date back in high school. I had a huge crush on this girl, thought she was really cool and I loved her art and I couldn't believe she said said yes. We went to the zoo because it was free and we were just broke teenagers and we had a blast. Afterwards we went to grab some food at this place before having to split off to go home. Our trains were heading in the opposite directions and the entrance

6.

Text - RedOrWhite1407 • 3h Accidentally called the teacher dad in year 3 Reply 1 35 ...

7.

Text - Finniemc • 3h Trying to run away from home when I was six only to stop at the start of the driveway because I was always told that it was dangerous to walk on the street without an adult. My parents have this really nice photo of me, with my little backpack, standing there looking really conflicted.

8.

Text - heretobenosey • 3h My sons and their friend kicked their ball into the middle of a little pond at our local park. I let them use my walking stick to try get it out but they couldn't quite reach. A man passing by with his son offered to help. He got the ball but dropped my stick. As he was reaching for the stick he fell in! He laughed, we laughed and he went off home to dry up. He returned 10 mins later because once he got home he realised his phone was missing. His phone that contained ba

9.

Text - Kelleymr • 3h I fell into a fountain, not once but three different times in three different fountains, on a trip to Europe with a group of kids from school when I was In seventh grade. Of course my crush and his friends went on this trip and they preceded to call me fountain girl till high school graduation.

10.

Text - fire_escape_balcony • 3h I walked into a pickup game of college volleyball players. Me: aren't we supposed to spread out in a grid? Rotate each time possession changes? Also me: getting it over the net with the receive They were so nice but this was not gym glass volleyball

11.

Text - The_Piano_Girl • 2h Agh. I'm cringing just writing about this. So, I was in Kindergarten. We were having a celebration because we had learned how to read by ourselves with almost no help. So, I was wearing shorts that day. Little did I know, they were too big for me. So l was walking, I was excited, I ran. My pants slipped ALL THE WAY DOWN. My underwear was on display to grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. It was so embarrassing. Haven't worn shorts unless it was 100° since.

12.

Text - Idhkmg0406 • 4h 1 1 Award I was interested in a guy but didn't know how to start a conversation with him. We were standing next to each other while preparing food for a barbecue and I just thought it was a good idea to start a conversation with "I like the feeling of touching raw meat"

13.

Text - RosebudWhip • 2h I was a bit drunk at a friend's wedding and decided to scrawl all over two pages of her wedding book to fill up some space. Later someone was looking at the book and I heard them say "Look at this! What sort of person does that?". I still feel bad when I think about it.

14.

Text - dailydonuts16 • 2h 1 Award Farted in class during a test back in middle school. Everybody knew it was me but I was too awkward to confirm or deny it so I just acted oblivious. That fart must've been pretty awful because a bunch of classmates around me covered their noses with their shirts and the teacher cracked open a window. Just the complete awkward silence that followed the fart and the feeling of everybody staring at me in disgust still makes me shudder with cringe whenever I think a

15.

Text - Lostgreenpea • 2h Today actually, at work one guy was opening a door with his back because his hands were full. Me, being stupid, I thought: I'm gonna help! And opened the door the rest of the way, causing him to loose balance because he didn't see me. He didn't fall, but I smiled at him holding the door with a <<you're welcome>> half smile and he stared at me like if I was a weirdo... I guess it kinda looked like I tried to make him fall.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment