Sunday, June 7, 2020

Cheery Senior Mistakes Man's Car For Taxi, Wholesome Ride Ensues


Sometimes, we need a little wholesome to keep us moving through these strange times. This beautiful story centers on an old and cheery senior who mistook a man's car for a taxi. Fortunately, the man was open-minded to embracing the experience, and gave "Jerry" the ride he needed, free of charge. Lovely stuff. 

1.

Text - r/IDontWorkHereLady + Join u/somethingwithatwo2 • 1y It's a beautiful day for a train ride XL Right so this took place way back in 2007 when I was in my early twenties, working full time at an auto parts store. I drove a white 1982 Nissan Pulsar. It was ancient but no complaints. (Relevant, I promise). It's 7am, I'm driving to work one morning and pull up at a crosswalk to allow a dog walker to pass me.

2.

Text - Without warning, my passenger door opens and a gentleman hops in next to me, nods, says a friendly hello and buckles his seatbelt. He was a sweet faced, white haired senior wearing a sweater and brown pants. Definitely in his 80's. I stared in shock and stumbled my words, totally bewildered by what was happening. He saw my expression and said "Oh! I'm sorry! The train station, please!" That's when I saw the taxi rank near the cross walk. Taxis here are white but definitely not hatchbacks,

3.

Text - We drove off together and he peered out the window, smiling. He said "You taxis are much quicker these days! Ah it's a beautiful day for a train ride, don't you think?" He looked at me, still with this big smile and said: "I'm Jerry, lovely to meet you. I'm meeting my friend for breakfast today! I'm so excited. I haven't been on the train in years. All my friends have passed on and I don't really need to go out of town. Well, not until I made a new friend recently. It's funny how life goe

4.

Text - "Oh well that sounds lovely, Jerry. Where are you off to?" He cheerily described the town he was visiting (an hour away by train) and described the store he wanted to visit while he was there. We chatted the whole way and I was so taken by how upbeat and cheerful he was. We pulled into the offloading zone outside the train station and he pulled out his wallet. I jumped in, saying "Oh no charge mate, I don't have my meter working yet." (Telling a lie was better than deflating his happy spi

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment