Saturday, May 9, 2020

Wholesome School Project Solution Is Lazy Genius


This kind of story brings us back to the days of overthinking some school physics project, only to have one kid come in with the most simple solution and actually make it work. Here are some resourceful DIY solutions that have our respect.

1.

Text - Posted by u/saltyhotwing 23 hours ago It just has to roll? Got it! ос м Back in seventh grade, we had an assignment where we had to make cars out of limited materials. The only items we were allowed to use were: 6 inches of wire Unlimited printer paper Unlimited glue

2.

Text - The rules for the car were as follows: 1. They were going to be pushed down a ramp, so they had to be able to roll. No points would be taken off if it couldn't make it down to the bottom of the ramp, but the car that made it furthest would get bonus points. 2. They had to carry a pink eraser. 3. The eraser had to be able to be removed and placed back in - so you couldn't glue the eraser into the car or completely conceal the eraser.

3.

Text - I went to a really small school and my parents got a jump start on my education at home, so I had always breezed through school and assumed this would be no different. My smart ass decided to wait until the night before it was due to start it - I had an idea of how I wanted to structure it and figured it would be easy enough to put together. Then I sat down with the materials and realized 6 inches of wire was not nearly as much as I thought it would be and I had no backup plan.

4.

Text - I took the assignment out to my dad, and to his credit, he was excited for the challenge and completely overlooked that I had gotten into this mess by being a lazy procrastinator. He called my older brother for ideas while I sat around folding paper in various ways and stared in dismay as I was faced with the prospect of my first ever Consequences For Procrastination.

5.

Text - Until I realized something - the rule wasn't that it had to have wheels, the rule was that it had to roll. And the instructions said we COULD use the various materials, not that we HAD to. And technically, the teacher didn't actually define what she meant by "car". So I got rid of the wire entirely, folded and wrapped several pieces of paper around a pink eraser and glued the paper to itself, then molded it with my hands until I could remove and replace the eraser without the overall stru

6.

Text - So off I went to school the next day with my “car" stuffed in my jacket pocket. When I showed up, everyone had these carefully crafted, beautiful things with wheels - one guy had even made the entire car out of glue and was forward-thinking and patient enough to wait for it to dry. Truly impressive shit. My friends asked if I forgot my car, and with a shit-eating grin, I said, "NOPE," and whipped that dumb little tube out of my pocket. They stared in confusion, and one person said, "...bu

7.

Text - My tube car barely made it halfway down the ramp, but the teacher had also said it didn't actually have to work well as long as it met all the criteria, which it did. I wound up getting the lowest grade in the class - at a 95%. Since it was a completion grade, and everyone else followed the rules, they all got at least 100% if not more due to the bonus points. Teacher pulled me aside, trying not to laugh, and said she was giving me an A for following the instructions, but that I clearly p

8.

Text - shag377 Score hidden · 21 hours ago Teacher here. This, so, so much this. I adore students like you, mostly because I was the same way. I have run into issues like this in the past, allowed it through and made corrections for the next year. I love it. I don't care what other teachers say. This demonstrates critical thinking and understanding of how to make things work. Give me a class of nothing but. Thanks for a great read.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment