Sunday, May 10, 2020

Uber Driver Calls Bluff of Scamming Customer


After enough of this guy's passengers cancelled rides, he decided to call a passenger's bluff with a bluff of his own. All in all, this is probably a pretty bad idea. There's probably a better way to get someone out of your car that won't result in a possible kidnapping case, but it looks like this at least got some results. There are some folks who just don't give a heck. For more stories of customer shenanigans, here are dumb things people did in stores.

1.

Text - Text - Posted by u/smkAce0921 16 hours ago You want a Free Ride?...Fine, I'll take you to Mexico oC L In 2018, I lived in southern CA while I was finishing up graduate school. Uber was more popular than ever and given how spread out CA is in general was an easy side hustle to shuttle people back and forth. However, I only did it for a little while because I'm not really the most patient person and eventually got tired of people's BS and attitudes. One of the common tactics for customers l

2.

Text - Text - It was about 430 in the afternoon on a Tuesday when I decided to log on and catch some fares. Most people go into the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are looking to get rides home between 4-5 pm to beat the traffic. At this point, I should mention that I was living in San Diego. If you know the area, you'd know that many people work in the city and Ilive in the outer areas (Chula Vista, Imperial Beach, Escondido, Pacific Beach) because its cheaper. The day of the event (oh yes

3.

Text - Text - I told her not a problem and to just rebook the route. Well at this point, all those people I told you about earlier had just got off of work and we were in what I call the "Power Hour" of maximum surge pricing. La Jolla is like 25-40 minutes from downtown San Diego depending on traffic. I looked and the trip would have cost her $70. She told me that she wasn't going to pay that. I said fine and I asked that she exit my vehicle. SHE REFUSED and told me to take her home like I was h

4.

Text - I asked her if she wanted a "free ride"...she suddenly perked up and said "I knew you'd come around, you are such a nice guy". I said buckle up and we got on Interstate 5. Here is the part where I tell you that San Diego is 16 miles from the Mexican border. I also keep my passport in my glove compartment because I did volunteer work in Rosarito every so often. We were about 4 minutes into the ride when she asked where we were going. I turned around and told her "I'm going to Tijuana and I

5.

Text - turning back. I also told her that I wasn't taking her back. Well she got the message and pleaded for me to pull over. I pulled over and dropped her off at the outlet mall in San Ysidro at the border. Just for shits and giggles I checked the Uber rate from the mall to La Jolla and the cheapest rate was $87 for a pool ride. I didn't make any money that night but that was the richest experience I had while being a rideshare driver. I stopped about 1 month later and sold my car. EDIT: For th

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment