Thursday, May 14, 2020

Flat Soda Fiend Accidentally Snarfs Poison


The lesson here seems to be clear. If you live with someone who likes to drink your leftover soda, don't hide you aquarium testing chemicals in a leftover soda. Thankfully this person is fine, but wow, what a way to accidentally harm yourself. For another mistaken person who messed up, here's a dude who thought a date was a job interview.

1.

Text - O r/tifu - Posted by u/atonalpotatoes 1 day ago 12 TIFU by drinking "flat soda" and accidentally probably poisoning myself. M First, some background. My partner always leaves a little bit of Coke Zero in his can after drinking it. And this is totally gross, but I love the taste of flat soda. So whenever I clean up the empty cans, I'll take the last swig of whatever is left over. Really disgusting. I get it. Nobody's perfect. This is my flaw. ANYWHO. This morning I go to do this, as I alwa

2.

Text - I picked it up this morning and was like "oh man, score there's a lot left in here" and geared up to slurp it down. Slurp slurp slurp. Yes, I'm a disgusting human. Get over it. Of course, upon initial contact with this horrific concoction, I had realized my grave error. I ended up spitting it out all over the living room and, not long after, my throat started to tingle. I mean, REALLY tingle. This is when panic set in. I was alone. My dogs just stared at me. This is how I die. What would

3.

Text - I ended up calling poison control to ask them if I was dying and had to tell them that I had accidentally consumed a mixture of aquarium water testing chemicals and salt water. This is harder to explain than one might think. Especially when you think you might be actively dying. At this point my throat is PULSATING and I can feel my pulse quickening. I know I am probably imagining these problems, but I can't help it. After asking me several times, "Wait, you did what?" the kind man at poi

4.

Text - TL;DR: TIFU by drinking what I thought was leftover flat soda. It was actually a mixture of flat soda, saltwater, and aquarium test chemicals. The fear of imminent death ensued. I'm fine, and poison control got a kick out of my story. UPDATE: Oh, wow. Thanks for the awards. My first gold, all because I'm a dumbass. May my story be a cautionary tale to you all. Don't drink beverages that have been left open and unattended, and don't revel in someone else's backwashed flat soda. As for my b

5.

Text - GuyOne Score hidden · 1 day ago · Stickied comment · edited 1 day ago If you think you've drunk something you shouldn't've, call poison control immediately: 1-800- 222-1222 (USA)

6.

Text - blowfishbeard 7.3k points · 1 day ago When I read the first sentence I was expecting this post to be about accidentally drinking tobacco spit at the bottom of a can thinking it was gonna be soda.

7.

Text - HalfClice 1.7k points - 1 day ago Maybe in the future you should just prepare flat soda yourself. Maybe open one a while before you want to drink it. Perhaps leave it in a safe place like your room, or the back of the fridge if you like it cold. atonalpotatoes 1.5k points · 1 day ago Kind of like meal prepping. I can dig it. It's safer this way. A vetted process, if you will.

8.

Text - 10lbturd 5.9k points · 1 day ago I watched someone drink chew spit trying to finish the little bit of beer left in cans at a party.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment