Thursday, April 16, 2020

Worst Customers People Ever Dealt With


Some customers are the true, living definition of clueless. It's like their brains switch to a mindless, auto pilot state upon entering an establishment. Or maybe the customer is mentally with it, but decided to leave social decency at the door, before entering. No thank you. These folks share their experiences navigating the worst customers they've ever had. 

1.

Text - penguin7117 · 2h I waited tables for a few years in college and the worst table that I ever had was a Catholic priest and some guy he was trying to hit up for donations. The whole meal he was very condescending and demanding. After everything was done, I left the check at the table. He ended up walking out stiffing me not just on the tip buy on the entire check. He even stole the leather check holder thing. I reported this to my manager. A couple weeks later, this same guy comes in with a

2.

Text - Rads324 • 2h Our bar was having a private party. A drunk dude walks in and orders a drink. I knew he want with the party based on his attire and that he came in every so often. I told him I couldn't get him a drink. He lost his mind. Told me to fuck off and then wanted to fight me. On his way out he yelled that we should put up signs, as he walked by the signs on the door saying we were closed for a private event. He came in the next day sober and apologized

3.

Text - ArcanumFish • 2h A customer ordered one of our daily specials and didn't like it, so instead of complaining to me about the food and letting me offer something else, she complained to my manager about ME. This was May of last year. In August of last year, turns out she was one of my college professors for the semester, teaching A MANAGEMENT course. She recognized me the first day but I played it off like I didn't know her.

4.

Text - daofuu • 1h Worked in a popular restaurant for awhile. We usually have quite a long wait (30-40min waits) during dinner service and people are told by the hosts about this. There was this lady that got fed up with the wait after 10mins. She stormed into the restaurant, stood next to a table of 4 people and literally asked them "are you guys done? we've been waiting for a long time now and would like to have the table if you guys are just chatting...". Was completely mindblown how people a

5.

Text - mox44ah • 2h Bartending in a restaurant a few years ago. There was a private party and one of the guests asked me to plug in his iphone to listen to a song. No big deal..l did it and he tipped me $20. He left his phone behind the bar and got wasted. When he was leaving I said, "Sir, don't forget about your phone!" He threw a beer on me and told me to leave him the fuck alone and told me get a real job. Guess who got to keep a nice new iphone?

6.

Text - teke367 • 3h I worked in a beach town in NJ for awhile, and NY tourists were the worst. It was the act that they were doing everybody a favor by being there. This was a "rich beach town", not one that relied on tourism at all. In fact, these arrogant tourists probably brought the average income down, and definitely brought the average tips down. And anybody who snapped their fingers. I preferred "hey, you!" to finger snapping.

7.

Text - sweetsummerchild97 • 2h I will never forget the time when our customers riot cause we ran out of ketchup. I was there thinking, "is this the peak of my US experience?"

8.

Text - -EDGAR- • 2h I worked in a Japanese restaurant and it was a small restsurant, so was usually working as cashier, waiter, bus boy, and delivery driver. Basically it was me handling everything and the owner would come out from the back and take over if there was a delivery. Anyway, one day we had a family come in. Mom and dad got sushi rolls for themselves and then got chicken hibachis for the kids. The hibachi came with a side of rice and I watched as these kids started throwing rice at ea

9.

Text - rez_at_dorsia • 2h Used to be a bartender at this hybrid restaurant/bar/ movie theater. On big movie releases, the bar would get absolutely slammed and on this particular night we had run out of glassware completely (people were allowed to take their drinks into the theater with them). The only glassware I had at the time were regular pint glasses that you would normally serve water in (we only served beer in them in a pinch). This guy and his wife/gf got lucky and caught a seat at the ba

10.

Text - nanapeaches • 2h Had a man and his wife come in during a really busy lunch rush. He was rude off the bat, interrupting me, not wanting to listen to me speak, whatever, it happens all the time. He was very adamant that he wanted both chips and salsa and a plate of roasted wings as appetizers. He kept emphasizing that he wanted them together before they ordered their lunch. Even though chips and salsa only take a minute and wings take about 12, I rang them in together because of how he orde

11.

Text - wants it before his wings. I was at a party table so she ran back and grabbed the chips and the wings which were somehow up as well and brought them out. He took one bite of a wing and tossed the plate like a frisbee across the table towards her and started complaining about them being cold. I rush over to see what's going on and he starts yelling at me, saying his food is awful and this is the worst service he's ever gotten in his life. I don't do well with grown men yelling at me so I w

12.

Text - Crappyfanchandelier • 2h Fast food near a high school. The absolute worst were the moms. Had one who came in weekly and screamed about wrong orders or whatever complaint she could dream up so she could get free food for her entire family. Then you get the loser douches who think harassing employees is funny. The absolute worst customer was the owner of the franchise. He'd walk in, "test" employees and then fire someone for some issue so minor it was likely just made up.

13.

Text - whomper13 • 1h At the end of a wedding at our facility we were cleaning and I began the cleaning process on our espresso machine. The wedding was over almost a half hour already. The process takes 12 minutes. People were still there as the party slowly let out and the father of the bride asks me for an espresso . I told him I could get it to him (as we have a strict policy of always trying to satisfy a guests needs) but the machine was cleaning and it would be done in about 10 minutes. He

14.

Text - soupjuice • 2h The lady who wanted an extra hot, extra full, slightly foamy latte. Go fuck yourself, lady. I'm not handing you an extra hot, extra full beverage. Those two don't mix - and I know you're a lawyer! Fucking c-word. She wanted a lawsuit, I could feel it.

15.

Text - civycajun • 1h Any table that mentioned the tip at all. "Don't worry, we tip well" "if you do x, we'll tip big" "we'll take care of you" Holding the tip over my head doesn't get you better service, you get the same everyone else does. They were always pretentious and rude and never tipped well.

16.

Text - A lady from the real estate agency next door ordered a chicken box, and then proceeded to drive an hour to her next showing. In the middle of summer, where it probably say right in front of her AC unit in the passenger seat. Surprise, surprise; food gets cold when left in the cold. Who knew. Upon the shocking discovery that food doesn't stay warm, she called us to scream at my boss that we tried to kill her. Because he's a spineless pushover in the summer, he agreed to give her a new free

17.

Text - She came to get her free food, and things didn't improve. One of our chefs came to collect her cold food. While still in front of the window, he opened the box and fished out the uneaten biscuit. He threw the rest away, but walked away with the bread. I presume he meant to eat it, but he went about it all wrong. She started screaming about how we were "recycling" food, that she was good friends with the health inspector, that she was going to see us in court. The histrionics brought my bo

18.

Text - She wouldn't move forward, and the line was piling up. My boss was starting to get annoyed. They had stopped talking to each other. Her hot, fresh meal is up, and he goes to hand deliver it and tell her to get the fuck out of line. I'm not entirely sure, as I was halfway across the store trying to make drinks. All I remember is a surprised gasp from our food runner, and looking up to see a box of steaming hot chicken came sailing through the window and scatter across the front of the hous

19.

Text - Loves_me_tacos125 E• 1h This one guy who basically hated his order so much that he waved me over and told me to put my hand out and proceeded to spit out entirely what was in his mouth into my hand, then tell me to refund him and then make him something else.

20.

Text - FelixFelicis9612 • 1h I had a customer randomly ask if we spoke English, as I was talking to them in English

21.

Text - peanutfacehead • 1h Back in college I was working my first job as a front of house staff for an on campus locally owned burger place. My main job was to call the order numbers out to customers and pass their food off. Easy enough. Well one night we get absolutely slammed with to go orders at close. I'm the only person out at the front and there were two cooks behind me working on the food. A man ordered two burgers. Cool! Well, we're so busy l'm obviously not aware of what number goes wit

22.

Text - koledgeguy • 1h I had a customer order the crab-crusted salmon. After about 30 minutes I brought out the food and the customer then decided to tell me that they couldn't eat it as they were allergic to crab and that they didn't read what the meal was. Both my manager and the chef were pretty pissed cause the customer then didn't want to pay for the meal.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment