Tuesday, April 14, 2020

How People's Pets Responded to Identical Twins


Even if they're a little stunned at first, dogs seem to be pretty capable of telling the difference between identical sets of twins. A few cats seem to be real cats about it and not care at all. For more identical twin shenanigans, here are the best switcharoos pulled off by twins.

1.

Text - lesomb 1.6k points · 10 hours ago · edited 2 hours ago Rusty was a good boy and was ecstatic there were two of us. More to play with, I guess. He learned to tell us apart though, and I kind of felt like an indulgent uncle with him. It's even more fun as my brother and I have had children in our own families and they can't tell us apart until they are almost two.

2.

Text - BackInTheBox62 26.3k points · 10 hours ago Long time ago my grandfather had a dog that went with him to work the fields on his farm. He passed away and dog stayed with my father and his mother. G-father's brother came up the driveway one day to visit, walking and looking like my g-pa. The dog went crazy in the house. She was barking and going from window to window. They finally let her out as he was walking up the steps to the porch. She ran up to him all excited until she saw it wasn't h

3.

Text - flyingbookworm 25.8k points · 10 hours ago My dad and my uncle were identical twins - their voices sound so similar even my mom would get confused before the invention of caller ID. My dad passed away last year, and when my uncle came over the family beagle didn't notice, but when my uncle spoke he perked up. But then he would go and sniff him and get sad again.

4.

Text - TheGingernational 24.9k points · 9 hours ago - edited 2 hours ago The first oddly-specific ask reddit I am qualified to answer. My dog lost his mind when my twin came to visit. He excitedly dashed back and forth between the two of us thrilled to see us both. Then again, he's a golden retriever so he does that with everyone.

5.

Text - littlemissdangereux 21.4k points · 11 hours ago My twin and I have lived separately and together several times. My dog treated my sister and me like two separate members of the same family, but both our cats (one is mine, one is hers) have made it clear from the beginning the other twin is a second class citizen. We have exactly the same voice so when we visit each other there's about 1 minute of "why are there two of you" and then it's business as usual.

6.

Text - Buddles12 19.9k points · 12 hours ago I have an identical twin. My sister decided to try and surprise me by coming to visit from out of state (she had a key) and my dog growled and barked at her and wouldn't let her in while I was in the shower lol he didn't care if she looked and sounded like me, she wasn't coming in unless I let her!

7.

Text - Ghost_elbows 16.0k points · 12 hours ago S I'm an identical twin, my dogs had no issues distinguishing between me and my sister. They could tell by smell.

8.

Text - OldLadyTurtle 15.2k points · 12 hours ago My sister's dog was confused for a second because we sound alike. But then he realized I wasn't her but similar, so he also adores me. Sometimes when I'm visiting and he gets in trouble with her he comes to find me and climbs in my lap-he only weighs 100 Ibs.

9.

Text - dyllon_c 13.2k points · 11 hours ago My partner is an identical twin. Our dog hates his twin and won't let him in the house and our cat loves him.

10.

Text - krispykremeguy 10.9k points · 11 hours ago We never had pets growing up, so my twin was pretty nervous. My wife's 9-lb Pomeranian could smell his fear and preyed on it.

11.

Text - ttoxicite 10.4k points · 11 hours ago Identical twin here. It's weird because my dog loves me but HATES my sister. Like, when she comes around he growls at her and barely lets her touch him. I have no idea why, he isn't like this to the rest of my family or friends. Maybe he thinks she is an imposter? Lmao we have no idea!

12.

Text - LettuceJizz 9.4k points · 12 hours ago my grandfather had a younger brother whose voice sounded indistinguishable from his own, to all us humans anyway. they were not twin like in appearance (nor scent, one assumes). one day our big studly master of his domain German Shepard catches Uncle Reggie on the front porch and starts going at him and Uncle Reggie says, "oh Scout, now stop that." And Scout did the full cartoon stop, head sideways, and that whimper that sounds like a question mark.

13.

Text - Ozmad 7.1k points · 12 hours ago my lard ass cat didn't give a shit.

14.

Text - Bum_tongue_69 4.1k points · 10 hours ago (Not pet related but,) My grandma is an identical twin and the first time I met her sister my little three year old brain didn't really think it was weird so I just called her "more nana". My family thought it was so funny that we all call her "more nana" to this day.

15.

Text - Jaaack1 2.0k points · 12 hours ago · edited 9 hours ago When I first saw my twins pet I was shocked. We hadn't talked to each other in about 3 years and we both got a black toy cavoodle. It was literally like he had mirrored my dog, still don't know whether he did it on purpose.

16.

Text - puntoputa 2.0k points · 9 hours ago My mom is an identical twin. My childhood cat Linus was a total scaredy cat, abused at an early age and terrified of new people, but an absolute sweetheart with us. When my aunt came to visit for the first time, Linus walked right up to her and snuggled against her leg. She started scratching him and all was going great until he saw my mom. Cue very quick back-and-forth head turns, followed by running up the stairs and hiding for hours! Poor baby!

17.

Text - mcarch 1.6k points · 10 hours ago My cat couldn't give a fuck. Her new puppy thought I was her until she walked in the room and then decided to bark & growl at me. He has only met me a few times & still gets us confused. On a separate note, after college my twin's older dog lived with my parents at the same time I did (I can't remember why my parents had him for that period of time). I call him my nephdog because I love him so damn much & we even FaceTime. He goes absolutely apeshit when

18.

Text - Alaska_85 1.6k points · 12 hours ago None of our pets have ever confused us for one another. Can't say the same for friends/family/boyfriends!

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment