Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Rude Customers Get Called Out For Being Entitled And Impatient


It's stories like these that might inspire other folks out there to take action and intervene when they see someone else wrongfully giving a hard working employee a hard time over something that they simply have no control over in the first place. There's enough irrational entitlement in this world to make you feel sick to your stomach. So, when you get someone who steps up like this woman, it can temporarily restore your faith in humanity. 

1.

Font - 2 10 e 4 S 5 回7 1 Be a jerk to fast food staff? Not while I'm here. L This story happened two days ago. I live in New York and the latest winter storm was just about to hit. Im 25F. Wearing a big poofy red coat and a black hat with a giant puff ball on top, leggings and boots. I'm 5ft 2in, 150lbs. I look like the cuddly teddy bear that I am.

2.

Font - Every day, I walk to work as 1) our car isnt in working condition, and 2) it only takes a half hour to walk there. Plus I had weight loss surgery a year and a half ago, so walking helps me get some exercise. I was on my way to work just as it started to snow and I decided to stop by the Burger King that was on the way. I put my mask on and entered the building to get in line. When I walked in, an older woman was having her order taken, and an older man was standing near the line. We will

3.

Font - Kevin: I want a burger. Just a plain burger. That's it. Cashier: ok sir. That'll be this much. Kevin: NO WAIT! He (points to chad) wants a coffee. Chad: medium, 3 cream and 3 sugar. Kevin: yea and please hurry Chad pays for the order, and I step up and place my order. Me: l'd like 2 Spicy Chicken Juniors with onion and tomato please. I pay for my order and stand to wait for it. Now the time is about 11:30am. Lunch rush is in full swing and as I dont have to be to work until noon, I dont m

4.

Font - About 2 minutes pass. Kevin: cant these any faster? I just want a get my food please?! Chad: I just want my coffee. They cant even give me that. move burger! Hey! Can I The staff ignore them and go about their business getting food out as fast as they can. The woman infront of us gets her food and politely leaves. The cashier places a small to go bag on the counter. Cashier: One bacon cheeseburger!

5.

Font - I look around, wondering who ordered a bacon cheese burger. Kevin and chad are busy talking amongst themselves about how slow and useless the staff are. A moment passes Kevin: where is my burger?! Cashier: i apologize sir, it's right here. (She holds up the bag with the bacon burger) Kevin: that's a bacon cheese burger. I didnt order no asked for a bacon cheese burger. I plain burger! Get me my burger! Cashier: I'm so sorry for the mix up sir. 'll get it for you right away. Kevin to chad:

6.

Font - At this point l'd had enough. I'm not ok with people being attacked unless they truly deserve it. And these employees certainly didnt deserve it. I turn to Kevin. Me: you need to lower your voice and speak to them with a bit more respect. Kevin: excuse me?! Me: have you ever worked fast food? Kevin: no. Me: then shut your mouth and wait for your food. I'm overheating in my coat, trying to breathe in this stuffy mask, and I'm risking being late for work. Yet you dont hear me complaining. T

7.

Font - middle of the LUNCH RUSH! Did you not see the long line of cars outside when you came in? These employees are moving as fast as they can. Unless you can look me in the eye and tell me you know exactly what they are going through, you need to shut up and learn some manners. You're what? 150 years old? That's plenty of time to learn at least the most basic manners!

8.

Font - With that, I thanked the cashier, took my food and left. I didnt look back to see the look on kevin or Chad's faces. I'm not good with confrontation, and I was shaking from what l'd just done. But I was very proud of myself. I've never worked in fast food, I'd worked in grocery stores for 11 years before I started to pursue my current career in teaching. But my best friend works in a fast food restaurant and I can tell you that they most certainly are overworked and underpaid and customer

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment