Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Man Catches Mouse Twice, Upsets Cat And Girlfriend, Mouse's Reign Continues


The problem with finding a mouse in your humble abode is that it basically implies that there are other mice running amok. It's an unfortunate realization to have, no doubt, but one that's best resolved as soon as possible. The best course of action can be to seal that home up so that there are no entry areas for the mice to return. The thing is, it sounds like this guy had a completely different approach that was destined for dramatic failure. Hopefully the family was able to get the issue resolved. 

1.

Font - r/tifu u/SandersSchmittlaub · 9h + Join 3 7 3 14 1 1 TIFU by catching a mouse twice, upset my cat and girlfriend, and the mouse is still running around my house. L I live out in the country, and its been ridiculously cold here the last few days, so the local rodents are doing their best to get in and find someplace warm to stay. I ended up with a mouse running around the house, which is annoying as we've got three lazy freeloading cats whose only job (besides being cute) is to keep mice o

2.

Font - We set out some no-kill mousetraps a few days ago, and overnight last night we catch the little bugger. My 11 year old daughter immediately falls in love with it and offers to release it on the other end of the property after she does her chores. She sets the mousetrap down on the counter and we both split off to do our own jobs. Somehow, the mouse gets out of the trap. Not sure how, but we get back after about 30 minutes and the trap is empty.

3.

Font - Later in the day, one of the cats is spending an unusual amount of time in the bathroom, sniffing around the base of one of the cabinets. Because the cat (his name is Boots) is a lazy good for nothing house cat with a long and storied history of being kind of dumb, I just assume he's seen a greeble and proceed to pay no attention to him.

4.

Font - After a frankly embarrassing amount of time, I finally realize I'm as thick as week old pudding and connect the cat acting odd and the missing mouse. I go in the bathroom and tilt the cabinet forwards - Boots (who, I should add, has never seen a mouse in his life) instantly dives behind it. A short tussle ensues, and about three seconds pass before he comes strolling out from behind the cabinet with the mouse clamped in his jaws.

5.

Font - The 11 year old, who is still in love with this mouse, darts into action and pries the wriggling mouse away from the cat (the mouse was fine, no injuries, no blood, as far as I could tell it was in perfect health). She carries it across the house to the front door, right past my bemused girlfriend, and I take the mouse by its tail while my daughter puts her shoes on. As I regale my girlfriend with the deeds of Mr Boots, here he comes strutting across the house (and it was, unmistakeably,

6.

Font - I, in my infinite wisdom, proceed to tell my girlfriend to get her camera opened while I reach down to pick up Boots. Its the perfect moment to comemorate - the lazy, good for nothing cat, who spends his days eating, sleeping, and thinking up new and intetesting places in the house to hide his poop, has actually done something productive and downright impressive. %3D I prepare to pose for the picture, with the mouse dangling by its tail in one hand and cat tucked under my other arm. I smi

7.

Font - Rectangle - The cat spots the mouse dangling not a foot from its face. The world comes to a grinding halt. The stage is set for a storm of perfect circumstance. It was in this moment that I realized... I'd myself. up and outplayed

8.

Mammal - In slow motion, I watch Boots freeze. His eyes dilate straight to hunter mode. I see the wheels turning in his head. His paw pulls back. With every modicum of strength his little body posesses, he reaches out and smacks the dangling, wriggling mouse. It yanks free of my fingers and arcs directly at my girlfriend's face.

9.

Font - The mouse crosses the distance in the time it took my girlfriend's face to contort in fear. It hit her squarely on the chin, and before she had time to do anything but gasp, the mouse performed an impressive feat of parkour, launching itself into the air and across the kitchen counter. I watch it disappear on the other side of the counter and before I had time to run around it, the mouse had vanished as completely as if he never existed.

10.

Font - Font - So here I am, outsmarted by a mouse twice in one day. My daughter thinks the whole situation is hilarious (I agree with her), Boots is pissed at me because let his dinner get taken away from him (I see his point), my girlfriend is furious that I threw a mouse at her and she says its all my fault that it escaped (she's not wrong, although l'm apparently an I still have a mouse in the house. for blaming the cat), and TL:DR, Caught a mouse twice in one day, it got away twice, and now

11.

Font - Secure-Illustrator73 · 2h "My girlfriend is furious that I threw a mouse at her" Dude this whole post is just poetry Reply 10 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment