Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Customer Stiffs Waitress On Large Tab, Poetic Karma Ensues


Anyone who has ever worked a customer service job knows that the gig can come with many a rude customer who seems bent on making your day nothing short of absolutely miserable. It's as if some people are conditioned in the worst way possible, to turn the part of their brains off that's responsible for being a decent human being, as soon as they enter a restaurant/bar. Well, this guy got put in his place, in glorious fashion. 

1.

Font - r/TalesFromYourServer + Join u/blindnurse · 2d 2 S 3 3 the revenge you all seek Long This is long. I'll leave a tl;dr at the bottom. Moons ago, I worked in a restaurant located smack dab in the heart of a sunny popular destination city. Every year, our city would host the granddaddy comic convention where people dress as their favorite characters from comics to cult films. Literally the streets would be filled with the most realistic costumes. Hulk, spock, goku, Chewbacca, sailor moon, Au

2.

Font - My shift usually was the 2nd to last night scheduled so i would cover all of dinner and help the closer transition into cocktail mode. So it's around 11pm and my shift is over and l'm excited to just clock off and have some drinks with all these creatures when my manager asks if i would stay to do a bottle service for just ONE customer. He promised i wouldn't have to serve any tables, just take this bottle service as it was a guaranteed $250 sale. Typically, people who do bottle service t

3.

Font - Wrong. He literally left enough to cover the bill with $5 left over. So As a server, i wanted to keep my optimism and think he will just leave the rest of the tip when i bring him his receipt. Wrong. It was over $500 and he left my $5. I was livid. I could've been off 4 hours ago but now my sales were $500 higher and i have to give the bar $50 of my money because they get 10% of our Liqour sales. I was fuming at my manager and he genuinely felt awful. But because he was friends with our D

4.

Font - So the dude gives my manager a $20...fml..whatever. I take the loss and just learned my lesson. Anywho, fast forward to a month later. This decides to come back on a night that I'm actually closing. He gets bottle service again and my mood just took a nose dive because i know I'm gonna get screwed again. The night ends and this dude is pretty tossed. I'm trying to buss and clean while he and his friends finish their drinks since they were my only tab left.

5.

Font - The dude comes up to the bar that i was cleaning off and asks me, "How much do i owe you?". I give him his bill and now he starts asking me in a condescending and drunkenly way, "what tip would make you feel better?" I replied, "I really don't care, just pay the bill." He then began throwing wads of money on the counter. "Take what you want."

6.

Font - Ugh, this is so degrading. I repeat that i just want him to pay the bill and i don't care what else he leaves. So my general manager pops her head out and asks me if all my tabs were closed. I told her i was just waiting on captain wants to give me. canoe to figure how much money he But because we are all on time crunches for OT, she does the most bad thing. She hangs out next to us while this dude starts with the "how much do you want" line. She butts in and asks, "are you ready to close

7.

Font - He drunkenly responds, "yeah, all my money is here. I told her to take whatever she wants." She grabs all of the money on the counter and says, "Thank you so000 much for coming back in again, we really appreciate you." Goes to the back. Cashes out his tab and puts the rest in my book. The dude put roughly $500 on the counter. His tab was $150 (because we comped his bottle....again...ugh don't ask). I go to the back since l'm officially done with this turd and i can hear his girlfriend say

8.

Font - My manager then goes back out and says how much we appreciate him and that we are officially closed and has the bouncers usher him out. It was the sweetest karma i had ever seen play out. My manager asks if i had a good night and i thank her for that bad move. The End. Tl;dr: a dude stiffed me on the busiest night of the year with a large tab. He came back a month later and ended up accidentally tipping me a quality amount. 4 1.4k 3 Q 68 ↑, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment