Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Meat Eater "Friend" Tries To Sneak Meat Into Vegetarian's Meals


It sounds like Jake is in dire need of a reality check, and on top of that a serious reassessment of boundaries. The dude's out there trying to spike his vegetarian friend's meals with meat. Zero chill, my man. Regardless of whether or not you're friends with someone who has committed to being a vegetarian/vegan, you should encourage them and not try to disrupt their practice with your own self-concerned motives. 

1.

Font - AITA for refusing to let my friend eat meat inside my house? I know how the title sounds, but please give me a chance. Now, I'm gonna start out by saying I'm not one of those crazy vegans who force their views on others and think meat eaters are the devil. I've been a vegetarian for over ten years and dont plan on ever eating meat again, but I understand and respect why others do.

2.

Font - I have a certain friend, lets call him Jake. Jake is a meat eater, which has never bothered me. He has been over to my house several times (pre covid) and he would always bring and cook his own food and I would make a separate dish for myself. This all changed one time. We went to IHOP together (still pre covid) and I got pancakes and hashbrowns, he got a couple things including bacon. Halfway through my meal, he grabbed my hashbrowns and rubbed his bacon on them, saying that I would love

3.

Font - Last time he was at my house, I made myself salad and spaghetti. I split the spaghetti into two halves and he brought some type of beef crumble or something to add to his. I got up to get a second plate for myself and both portions had the beef, he once again used the "youll love it if you try it" line. We ended up fighting and he left early. Then, we obviously didnt see each other for about a year. Now, he just got his vaccine and Ive had mine for a couple weeks so he asked if he could c

4.

Font - He gets angry and calls me an trying to force him to be a vegetarian and he wouldnt do it again, he just wanted to see if Id try the meat. I don't think Im in the wrong but I also dont want to force my views on him, and he promised not to do it again. and says Im 2.9k 3 454 ↑, Share

5.

Font - Adept-One-819• 12h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [46] 2 Awards NTA, clearly. Your problem isn't that he's eating meat. Your problem is that he is trying to sneak meat into your food. Frankly, I don't know that I would ever leave my food unattended around him for fear he'd hide some meat in there. I don't understand why people get so worked up about other people's diets, but what he did was beyond disrespectful. G Reply 5.2k ...

6.

Font - ninjataco35 · 12h NTA - how ironic that he's concerned that you're forcing him to be a vegetarian after he's doctored your food twice. G Reply 1 980 3 ...

7.

Font - Disglerio314 · 11h · Asshole Enthusiast [5] NTA, militant omnivore is just as bad as militant vegan. I think it's time to say this man is no longer your friend, if he won't respect you enough to not mess with your food. Make sure you talk to mutual friends you want to keep to make sure they get the truth rather than hearing how you tried to force him to go vegan. G Reply 293 3 ...

8.

Smile - Kalenek · 12h · Certified Proctologist [21] NTA He is trying to force his views on you. He's a hypocrite who didn't like being called out. He absolutely will try it again, maybe just not as obviously next time. G Reply 1 41 3 •..

9.

Font - dusktildawn9 • 11h • Certified Proctologist [20] NTA You're not forcing him to be vegetarian - he's forcing you to eat meat. That's not cool At all in any sense. I'm also vegetarian and I don't care what others eat but I do care if they're trying to make me eat meat. No means no In any situation. G Reply 1 28 3 ...

10.

Rectangle - Lekjovic • 12h NTA You are not enforcing your views on him, you took that decision based on his past behavior. He is actually the one trying to "convert" you to whatever he selfishly considers best for you. 6 Reply 11 3 ...

11.

Font - Aromatic-Ice-968 · 11h • Partassipant [3] NTA. He's already tried to sneak meat into your food. He's lost his option to bring it into your house. G Reply ...

12.

Mammal - Cercos123 · 11h • Partassipant [1] NTA- your house, your rules. He has violated your trust before (on more than one occasion), you dont owe him anything. Also, hes a big boy, he can suck it up, not having meat for one meal. G Reply 1 7 3 + ...

13.

Organism - you_dontknowme7 · 9h NTA. You can ban certain foods in your house without being labelled "a crazy vegan". It's your choice and you're not trying to prevent anyone else from eating what they want. You're simply refusing those foods to be brought into your house. G Reply 1 3 ... +

14.

Rectangle - FirebirdWriter • 9h NTA but don't bother trying to be friend with this guy. I am a carnivore. I don't care what you eat as long as you eat. This man violated your boundaries and isn't listening to your valid request based on his proven track record. Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment