Thursday, February 18, 2021

Boss Demands Daily Email Check, Employee Puts It On Time Sheet


It's amazing how quickly stupid tasks become irrelevant the moment it starts costing the company money. The powers that be came down and told this part-timer that they'd have to check their email daily, so naturally, for this employee, it seemed like that should count on company time. For another one, here's a micromanager who demanded too many updates, so an employee fought back with even more updates.

1.

Font - O r/MaliciousCompliance - Posted by u/OtherLtDan 19 days ago O 2 11 e14 3 18 E 11 2 Must check my work email every single day? Ok! oc S So I was working for a small private ambulance company that ended up getting bought out by a larger corporation. To folks that have done this kind of work, no it wasn't the company you're thinking of, but this new corporation wanted to be just like them.

2.

Font - So corporate sends out a directive that all employees must check their work email at least once every 24 hours. No exceptions! Now I'm a lowly part-timer, so it would occasionally be weeks in between my shifts. The fun part is, I usually played Field Supervisor on my shifts I did work. So in order to be in compliance with the corporate directive, I set my work email to update every day at the same time on my phone. I would then log my 15 minutes of email checking on my paycheck so I would

3.

Font - Didn't check your email while you were on shift because you were too busy trying to figure out what made grandma's ambulance ride to the doctor medically necessary? That's ok. Just check it when you get home. Make sure you put it on your timesheet, though! It took a couple pay cycles, but eventually I get a call (on my day off), asking why I'm logging 1.75

4.

Font - hours on weeks that I didn't even work. I explained that I was just following their corporate directive. I was told at that point that I no longer was able to log those hours. I told them to give me that in writing as that goes against labor laws. Needless to say, the directive to check email every day got revoked. Oh, but I did put down 30 minutes on my timesheet for the call as it took 22 minutes.

5.

Organism - Paladin_Aranaos 19 days ago 2 Beautiful malicious compliance. Especially the request of the directive in writing for the labor board... they LOVE written rules that violate laws. 1 6.0k | Reply Share *. OtherLtDan 19 days ago Corporate HR loved dealing with me.

6.

Font - Garden_gnome1609 18 days ago This is my favorite kind of MC. No, I don't work for free..ever. Not for one single second. My workplace wanted us to submit a form daily through an app before we walked into the door of the building. I told them I don't work before I punch in and I don't use my personal phone for work so if they want me to use an app they'll have to provide me a phone and pay me for my time to submit the form...suddenly I don't have to do any of that stuff.

7.

Font - An-Old-Fart 19 days ago Well done. Isn't it amazing that important corporate directives that inconvenience the workers are no longer important when it costs the corporation money?

Submitted by:

Tagged: boss , job , email , work , lol , story , payment , money

No comments:

Post a Comment