Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Twitter Thread: Man Goes To McDonald's, Strange Drive Thru Adventure Ensues


Real or not, this Twitter thread about a man's strange journey through a completely bizarre McDonald's drive thru is definitely one for the books. Fast food establishments have an uncanny knack for attracting all kinds of unexpected situations in this wild universe. Sometimes it's just entitled customers that are pitch fits about a whole bunch of nothing. Other times, it's the actual employees and they're trying to sell you apple pies of McDonald's dollar menu, at a discount. 

1.

Chin - Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h It's 1AM and I decided I wanted a milkshake. So there's a McDonald's near my house. I'm greeted at the drive thru by the following sentence: 17 2,464 3,583 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h "Hey holy shit hello, you are at McDonald's, and I am begging your patience." L7 640 993 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h There are no other cars here, by the way. I'm caught off guard so l mumble "Um, ok you can have it." The voice comes back: "Praise you."

2.

Text - So I sit for a minute, then he finally returns and says "please tell me your order" So I say "milkshake" I don't know why that's all I said 17 473 701 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h "I'll need a minute", he replies. I realize I did not describe my desired milkshake in any way so I yell "I need to tell you what kind." 17 459 630 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h He is gone for several minutes. When he returns he says flatly "we aren't going to be able to do the milkshake. I do have many apple pies."

3.

Green - Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h Do not ask me why I did this but the next words out of my mouth were "Are you ok" 17 490 744 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h "I am not ok. Would you please tell me your order so I can try to punch it in? I will be very slow, but I will get it." | 17 474 634 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h My chicken sandwich order confuses him. Several minutes are spent repeating what I want on it, watching the screen as he tries over and over 17 466 616

4.

Nose - At one point I guess ne gave up because the screen just went black for a while. I hear a deep exhale. "Dude I lost my wife". 17 527 724 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h "I'm sorry, man, I-" "Please describe your chicken sandwich to me again so I can succeed at one thing." 17 505 756 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h Anyway he finally gets it and then says "I really do feel bad about the milkshake situation. Can I sell you an apple pie?"

5.

Green - "Fine. I will buy an apple pie." "Apple pies are cheaper than milkshakes anyway." "Ok, thanks" t다 458 631 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h Then there is a weird series of beeps and when his voice comes back in he is fucking SCREAMING into his headset: "I FOUND HER! THANK GOD!" 구 483 684 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h "What? Who did you find?" "MY WIFE. SHE WAS WATCHING ME FROM BEHIND THE BOXES!"

6.

Green - Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h At this point I have ordered a chicken sandwich I do not want and an apple pie I do not want and no milkshake and I've been here 22 minutes 17 535 950 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 16h "Can you give me my total" I say because honestly I don't know if I want to understand his marriage or if I even could and I just want to go L7 466 684 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h So he says "your total is 8 HOLD ON my wife is here and she wants me to tell you she will sell you 2 apple pies at a

7.

Text - Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h "What is the discount?" "2 apple pies for only 2 dollars. You should take it." (Note: One apple pie is $1.19) 17 470 633 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h "Give me the extra pie" "She says thank you" "Tell her I said no problem" Why am I talking to his wife like this why 17 447 741

8.

Nose - Josh Raby @JoshRaby I pull around and they are fucking making out in the window and he has his thumb out like he is aware I 15h will be driving up to this 17 469 675 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h Both of these people are in their mid-40s 母446 680 Josh Raby @JoshRaby They unstick themselves from one another and I hand him my card "sorry about this. I haven't worked at McDonald's in 16 years" he says 15h L7 435 617

9.

Chin - Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h I say "it's fine" to which he says "FINE just stands for FUCKED UP, INSECURE, NEUROTIC, and ERROR- PRONE" 17 578 931 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h His wife cackles and says "I knew that when I was 13, get with it, man!" I have been here 37 minutes. 17 452 765 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h I am then treated to a story about how they met at a McDonald's that is very short and is really only "we met at McDonald's in 1993" 17 457 711

10.

Text - Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h So listen I get my card and drive ahead to the next window and THERE IS A WHOLE SEPARATE FUCKING HUMAN AT THAT WINDOW 母 456 716 Josh Raby @JoshRaby 15h He hands me my bag, leans out the window and says "you get to drive away" then promptly shuts the window and sits on a stool, head in hands 包606 2,022

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment