Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Incompetent Manager Tries To Make Employee Work After Firing Them


There are some people and jobs out there that it just feel too good to get away from. In this case it was a tyrannical boss who flouted the rules and tried to make someone work after firing them. Quitting a frustrating situation and having a "screw this, I'm out" moment can lead us to reevaluating ourselves and moving on to something better. Bosses can suck, like this incompetent manager who forbid overtime and had it totally backfire.

1.

Text - Posted by u/geddes_thesea 1 day ago 52 37 E10 Next week, I'm going to fire you oc M Worked for a shitty airline company. Let's just make up a name... United Blairlines. At this company they started a smaller company that could hire and train people to run the planes, but pay them way less at certain airports. Where my colleagues at other airports were making over $20/hr, I was getting paid $10.25 for the same- and sometimes more- work. It honestly would scare you to know how little the pe

2.

Text - I had to go to the hospital from the airport because of intense pain in my stomach. It turns out that because of stress caused by that job, my intestines decided to stop functioning. Anyway I spend the day in the hospital and then they gave me a note saying that I didn't have to work the next two days. I told Jim's boss that (since I hated talking to Jim) When I went back into work three days later. We had five people total to load all luggage, load the water, and push out five planes in

3.

Text - shouldn't affect my attendance." “I don't care what work policy says. I'm going to fire you." Again I cited work policy since we were "protected" by a union. I said "Jim you have to give me an attendance warning before you're allowed to fire me for attendance. This is the first time I'm hearing about attendance, so you can't fire me right now." Jim said "it doesn't matter, I'm going to give you a warning right now, and when I get back from vacation next week, you're going to be fired, now

4.

Text - As I'm enjoying my meal, Jim calls me. I happily ignore. He calls three more times and then texts me, asking where I was at. I told him "you fired me, why would I keep working for you?" No response. I try to soak in the sight of Jim running between planes like a chicken with his head cutoff. I don't imagine any plane took off on time that morning. I get a call from HR, and the union rep, and the General manager, who is Jim's boss. They all said Jim was wrong and asked me if I could come b

5.

Text - Some more info. Although this isn't so satisfying, it's more a testament of United Blairlines complete lack of ethics... Jim got in really big trouble when he had a guy who had a shoulder injury and had a note and told Jim several times he couldn't do super heavy labor. Jim sent him to the bag room by himself anyway. Imagine having to lift 300-700 50-70 pound bags over your head per hour all while running between bag carts and the belt. Needless to say the guy tore his shoulder and had to

Submitted by:

Tagged: boss , wtf , fired , manager , work , quit , incompetent , lol , airline , stupid , win

No comments:

Post a Comment