Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Times People Said "Screw This" And Noped On Out


There are moments in our lives when, despite everyone's best efforts to keep us around, the benefits clearly don't outweigh the risks, and we have that freeing moment when we realize we can just leave. It can be a bad job or sketchy situation. Sometimes it just take a "screw this, I'm out" moment for us to notice that it's probably a better idea to set out for greener pastures.

1.

Text - DoubleDogDamnit 1 day ago e Broke a few vertebrae on a job, changed careers, started working a a bank as a teller. Back pain was pretty frequent so started using a lifted chair that was available (so I would be eye level with customers). Came back from lunch break one day, chair was gone. Asked managers about it, they said my job description required me to stand. Put in my 2 weeks the next day.

2.

Text - CONFETA 1 day ago S E 2 When at a yearly review a former boss hyped up giving me a $0.10 raise and praised how good of a team leader I was. When I asked about the management position that had opened up at a store I was sent to fix, she told me she couldn't stand to lose me permanently to another store. I turned in my two week notice and moved on.

3.

Text - opaquewatercolor 1 day ago · edited 20 hours ago 23 S E There was a paid-intern position at small, small tech company back when I was in college. The pay was pretty decent ($10-$12 per hour, 2009/2010) and it was what caught my attention since I needed the money. The company was just the CEO, software engineer, and myself. I passed the interview and discussed the compensation. Two weeks into the internship, I didn't get paid. He said he thought about it and wanted to see if I was fit for

4.

Text - KotexAvenger 1 day ago · edited 15 hours ago When I was 19 I got a job at one of those industrial uniform places where they do all manner of textile good rentals/cleaning. On my 1st day I was put on a blanket folding machine and pretty much told "Good luck" - red flag #1. The machine kept jamming and they wanted me to crawl into the back of it with absolutely no lock out tag out - red flag #2. After I finished all the work they gave me in like 2.5hrs they acted both surprised and concerne

5.

Text - Golden-Fox 1 day ago · edited 22 hours ago Giving blood. During blood drives in my high school, you'd get out of gym class for the day if you gave blood. Gym was last period for me, so I was happy to have an easy end to the day. I'd given blood before and it went smoothly, so I didn't foresee any issues. I filled out my little questionnaire and handed it in to the nurse. She glanced at it and asked if I was just giving blood or would I like to give plasma. I said I just wanted to give blo

6.

Text - AllAtOnce2020 1 day ago I worked at a hotel as a banquet server for a year about 15 years ago. After applying at a bunch of different other jobs, I landed a great entry level role at a utility company that paid double what I made at the hotel. I initially planned to keep the hotel job part time for a while to see how things worked out. My first shift back at the hotel, they sent me in to clear plates in a room. There was this young teenage kid, basically looked me right in the eye and dro

7.

Text - shy_guy10968 1 day ago · edited 23 hours ago My time w Target... When my team leader was forced out of his job; all the other team leaders just piled onto him. It started as jokes, and then they gradually started reporting him for mistakes that they made, finding ways to pin it on him. Later heard that they wanted to appoint me as his replacement, and spread his TL responsibilities but let me run the area he was in charge of, and not pay me more... Tldr; person I liked was forced out, I w

8.

Text - PitPatrick 1 day ago Vector Marketing (Cut Co). Left after the first training break.

9.

Text - 091796 1 day ago I had transferred to the pizza chain in that town a few days before. This was also the new gm's first restaurant management position but he'd been there like 2 mos. So I'm working and it was a Veterans Day free lunch special, so ofc were busy. Manager says he'll be there to help. He doesn't show up until after 5pm. That evening we ran out of cheese, veggie topping, and dry dough mix. A pizza chain that runs out of cheese and dough? I saw how bad that location was and left

10.

Text - Smart-Connection6154 1 day ago When my husband's drunk friend decided at would be a good idea to wave around a loaded gun in his kitchen. Just to show off what an amazing gun it was. I noped out of there so hard. Got to the front door and the gun went off, luckily into the oven and not a person.

11.

Text - haberdashery777 1 day ago My first job in the big city was advertised itself as an entry-level marketing gig. I had to go through three rounds of interviews in a very modern but professional- looking office in a high rise. First day on the job, I arrive and am immediately hustled into a small office with thirty other people so our supervisor can give us a lecture. It honestly sounded more like a sermon. He used anecdotes and had people chant along with him. That was when I started getting

12.

Text - I was flabbergasted that such a shady business could look so professional from the inside and convinced myself it had to be some mistake or I was misjudging things. Nope. By lunch I had sweat through my suit, was on the verge of fainting from the heat, and had realized that I was being tricked into some bullshit. I asked my team leader if I could just get my pay for the day and quit now. She laughed and said I hadn't sold a phone and didn't make any money. That's when I learned they'd fla

13.

Text - b0gw1tch 1 day ago Got a job as a barista in a small town. Boss told me he couldn't afford to pay minimum wage which was 11.50 at the time, but I'd earn tips. Well, in a small town in January during the third shift, the only folks who came in were older working men who generally gave me the dime left from their 90¢ coffee. I made $27 in three days. Quit after that and got a job at the drugstore next door. The coffee shop owner would come in and buy stuff there with stolen tips.

14.

Text - Blaz3 1 day ago 2 2 e I had been at my first proper job for about 5 years and had been talking with workmates about leaving and stuff. I'd been thrown around the company and done so sorts of different roles and had a year of finally being in one position long enough to get used to working in it and was finally putting out for work and learning stuff. I was finally feeling good about stuff and getting stuff done, but middle management was still on my back about menial little things like, I

15.

Text - I didn't show I was upset with it, I just wiped my chin and said thank you and went about my work. I asked my teammates about how I'm doing and told them my performance review, asking for serious responses, not just friends reassuring me because I needed to know. I got a recruiter to find me a job and went to a few interviews, when I got the result that a company wanted me for a considerably higher salary, I cried over the phone. I finally felt like I was good enough for the job I'd train

16.

Text - jthetexan 1 day ago · edited 21 hours ago Worked for a military and police tactical store while i was a reservist. They had huge issues with my military commitments eating into their staffing requirements. No benefits, pay was meh, and only provided one 15 minute break per 8-9 hour shift. The store was open 7 days per week, I had to work 6 days per week. After about 90 days I'd had enough and left.

17.

Text - The_Snarky_Wolf 1 day ago One summer night, while driving on a back road (paved via oil and pea gravel) in the middle of bean field country I got a flat tire. Stopped as close to the edge of the road as I could and started putting my spare on. As I'm finishing tightening it I hear something rather large moving in the beans behind me, but not large enough to stick out above the beans. Threw the flat tire in my trunk and noped the fuck out. Realized in the morning I forgot my jack and tire

18.

Text - Labatros 1 day ago When a software application me and my team developed more than tripled the company's revenue (close to a million dollar profit made), and I got a 100 dollar raise after 6 months of repetitive talk about rewarding me, Oh and a toblerone bar. Not shitting you, a toblerone bar

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment