Friday, January 29, 2021

Small Things That Improved People's Lives Drastically


It's kind of weird how a small piece of foam, extra long cord, or little metal clip can make a daily struggle disappear completely. Sure, it makes us feel stupid to realize that we could have solved a problem years ago for three dollars, but where's the fun in that? On the other side of things, here are extremely reckless uses of money people don't regret at all.

1.

Font - quinalou 11 days ago · edited 11 days ago 6 33 A foldable laptop stand for 15€. Always thought you didn't need this stuff, how different from without one can it be - but it does wonders for my neck. Travels everywhere with me now. Also: a 2m phone cable. It's the shit.

2.

Font - Boose81 11 days ago 2 6 e2 S 2 4 A rubber bristled broom. I have two dogs and two cats, and my house is all hardwood and tile. A regular broom just sends the fur floating everywhere, but my rubber broom keeps it all nice and tidy and easy to pick up. It works on my area rug and upholstered furniture, too!

3.

Smile - ThimbleAndAcorn 11 days ago 4 3 3 3 A wake up light alarm clock. The light turns on gradually and wakes you up gradually rather than waking up to obnoxious beeping. Makes the start of my day more positive.

4.

Rectangle - tatt3rsall 11 days ago · edited 11 days ago in my uni house of 4 long-haired girls, we had a sieve-type thing that went over the plughole which still let water through but caught all the hair to stop it from clogging the drain. yeah, that definitely cost a lot less than a plumber or us losing our deposit

5.

Vertebrate - PokingCactus 11 days ago 2 3 e 3 8 2 A heated blanket, dont know how I ever survived winters before this

6.

Font - Bartolo20 11 days ago · edited 11 days ago 3 e 3 82 Earplugs. They saved my final exams in highschool when my sister and her 1.5 and 3yo kids tornadoed through the whole house.

7.

Font - 22@4 S4 & 8 More This one mechanical pencil that I bought in high school or earlier. I'll graduate college soon which petuwk 11 days ago means I've been writing with the same pencil for somewhat 10 years. It fits perfectly between my fingers. I've kept a traditional diary since I was a kid and it has become more and more important since hardly anything requires paper and a pencil today. So many memories from the happiest moments to the absolute worst have been written down using this penc

8.

Facial expression - outlaw-gentleman 11 days ago 2 3 A cheap microwave and coffee maker for my work van. I have an inverter for my tools that I use to run them. Hot coffee and hot lunches make a huge difference, especially on bad days.

9.

Font - Mkday013 11 days ago A little slide you put on the toothpaste tube to squeeze it out

10.

Eye - melkesjokolade89 11 days ago 2 2 e S Hot water bottle. I live in cold Scandinavia and have chronic pain. It gets used pretty much all year around.

11.

Organism - HokeyPokeyGuy 11 days ago 2 11 pound capacity digital kitchen scale. For baking, cooking and correctly identifying portion sizes.

12.

Smile - mad_fishmonger 11 days ago 2 3 3 Shower chair. I've got a fucked up back and I initially got it for that but even if my back was fine I'd still have one, they're so useful. If you shave your legs, you won't regret it.

13.

Smile - drawingxflies 11 days ago 2 S A butter dish/butter tray. Room temp butter always available. No more fucking with trying to spread hard butter out of the fridge.

14.

Eye - shoeless_laces 11 days ago 3 A rice cooker and electric kettle. I used to sometimes eat rice and drink tea. I now eat rice and drink tea all the time!

15.

Font - Nicholi417 11 days ago · edited 11 days ago My apartment has like 0 counterspace, in reality only a total of 5 feet spread through three areas next to the sink and stove. I spent like $15 on a 4 foot table. That now holds all my kitchen stuff like toaster, distiller, crock pot, and instant pot. It has just enough room for all that.

16.

Eye - witzowitz 11 days ago 3 metre long charging cable

17.

Human body - 9umopapisdn 11 days ago · edited 11 days ago 2 A meat thermometer, no more guessing internal temps. Perfectly cooked food every time.

18.

Font - willbeach8890 11 days ago 2 e S A $1 corkscrew that I keep in my car. The amount of times I have been the hero because of this you wouldn't believe

19.

Plant - gliitch0xFF 11 days ago edited 11 days ago Waterpik. Saved me thousands in dentist bills. No more excessive amounts of chewing gum, root canals & bleeding gums.

20.

Font - kimkarbashian 11 days ago Wireless earphones - I now listen to several podcasts a day, I've learnt loads of new things and always have conversation topics to use Portable blender - I workout just before work so take it to the office with me, mainly for protein shakes it makes them taste actually okay and sometimes I blend spinach and berries into it 3 meter phone charging cable - life-changing Used barbells and weights - second hand gym equipment, means I can workout whenever and don't ha

21.

Art - Beauregarden 11 days ago S E Curved shower rod

22.

Smile - kijim 11 days ago 23 e 3 3 & 3 More A bidet. No more itchy, burney stinky butt. 80% reduction in toilet paper. Why did it take me so long to get one?

23.

Font - willbeach8890 11 days ago Rainex If there is one product I would sell door to door, this is it (please don't let it come to that)

24.

Font - Dashtilut 11 days ago Weighted blanket and/or A Good Pillow. Your sleep quality will improve. Being well rested has to be one of the few good things to happen to me in 2020.

25.

Font - CoffeeCat072083 11 days ago · edited 11 days ago Gonna sound silly but a good set of three different sized stainless steel whisks. You would not believe how much easier making sauces and eggs are with these. Also a whiteboard to keep on the fridge, makes it easier to note down what you are low on or out of.

26.

Head - Fable_warrior 11 days ago A whiteboard. Get your life in order, semi- structured is best.

27.

Font - RoeRoeRoeYourVote 11 days ago · edited 11 days ago A bike helmet. Crashes are inevitable if you bike often enough in a city. When I had my first hard crash, my bike helmet was the difference between being bruised and sore and having to pay for hundreds and hundreds of dollars in emergency dental work. Your face, teeth, and brain are worth the investment.

28.

Font - bengine 11 days ago It's a small thing: a closet rod installed above my washer/dryer, and extra hangers. Now clothes get taken out of the dryer and put on a hanger right away rather than end up as a pile on the floor, or in a basket never to be properly put away.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment