Friday, January 29, 2021

Entitled Mom Brings Kid To Daycare With Tablet, Gets Booted


Every parent has a different way of parenting, but that doesn't really fly when it comes to dropping off your kids at a daycare business. This lady tried to undermine the rules and it got her the boot. Hopefully that kid will one day learn to exist without a tablet. For another entitled parent moment, here's a parent who blamed the teacher for their own kid not showing up to virtual class.

1.

Font - r/AmItheAsshole · Posted by u/porosisr 14 hours ago O 18 17 S 15 E 16 2 AITA for not changing my rules and terminating care? I have a home daycare. I like to think I'm pretty lenient but I do have one big rule: Don't make me the bad guy. I understand we might have different rules but don't make your child resent me by not backing me •dn Anyway, another rule is I don't allow outside toys or electronics. Kids can bring a stuffed animals for nap if they're sleeping on rest mats but I don't w

2.

Font - Most are okay with it. But I have a new kid (3) who's mom wanted him to bring his tablet because "he needs it". I said sorry but no. I'm not going to be responsible for it. We went back and forth but finally she just says fine. But every morning, he's crying because she took his tablet from him in the car. She always gives me this look and says “Miss Lucy says no tablet." I always try to say we have plenty of toys, but the kids spends the whole morning sulking. I've talked to mom, asked h

3.

Font - Font - It's been a month and yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back. Kid came in crying as usual. I tried my usual redirection which didn't work. Mom was giving me a look of “see what you did". Then she had the nerve to say to him “I know you need your tablet, we've talked about this before, Miss Lucy is strict". That pissed me off. I ended up telling her to take him home right then and there. She was shocked and tried to stammer. He was my first kid of the day so there was n

4.

Font - MyBeautifulSweetsong Partassipant [1] 14 hours ago 2 2 3 2 NTA. Tell your husband to watch the kid. That kid has problems if he's already addicted to that tablet. 10 bucks says "he needs it" means I don't want to have to engage him so I shut him up with electronics.

5.

Font - Font - Obvious-Skin-200 14 hours ago · edited 5 hours ago NTA. If her only explanation was that he 'needs it' without any context or information then she knew your rules before enrolling her kid. She can't expect people to bend to her every whim.

6.

Font - Font - KatesDT 14 hours ago NTA She had an entire month to explain to this kid that they can be no electronics at daycare. She chose to act like it was a big deal eve ru single morning, so of course kid is going to act that way. Obviously she wasn't even trying to follow the rules. You did right. In situations Ike this, you give an inch, and they will take a mile. Or someone else will demand an exception. It becomes too hard to keep up with it all. Anyone with a sob story will get you to

7.

Font - Els236 Asshole Aficionado [10] 14 hours ago A 3 year-old does not need a frickin tablet. All that says to me is that she can't be bothered to have "play time" with him at home and just dumps the tablet in his lap to occupy himself. That in and of itself annoys me enough to put NTA before the other shenanigans.

8.

Font - thesaura73 Partassipant [1] 14 hours ago NTA. The mom's behavior is disgusting. She agreed to your terms by having her child attend your daycare and then undermined your authority with her weird passive- aggressive behavior (which teaches her kid nothing about following any societal expectations). Good for you for showing mom and child behaviors have consequences!

9.

Font - Recinege 14 hours ago NTA. The best possible cause of the mother's behavior would be if the kid was, like, non- verbal autistic or something and literally did need the tablet to be able to communicate. But in that case... you don't bring the kid to a place that doesn't allow tablets, and in all honesty you probably need to seek slightly more specialized daycare. And this definitely doesn't sound like that. It just sounds like a spoiled kid whose mother can't be bothered to actually parent

10.

Font - Right-Row6744 14 hours ago NTA and GOOD FOR YOU MS. LUCY. Children have to learn at some point that the world isn't going to cater to them and/or the way their parents choose to treat them. You've made the rules clear - the mother is fully to blame here.

11.

Font - DangerousPudding911 14 hours ago NTA. You made your rules very clear. And the mother was trying to make you look like the bad guy. Instead of setting boundaries and instilling in the child that some places have rules that must be followed, she tries to make you look like the bad person/ the fun police. She got what she deserved and hopefully she learns a lesson from this.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment