Thursday, January 14, 2021

Reckless Uses Of Money People Don't Regret At All


It's hard for many of us to consider spending an entire paycheck on a cake or an ice maker, but when you think of all the money you spend on things that you don't even remember, maybe it's worth it to have a pleasant memory. While these ended up being decent expenses, some people get some extremely bad financial advice that is irredeemable. It'd be nice to have a taste of these absurdly expensive things people witnessed

1.

Text - Haboobalub 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago 80 & 380 More My first paycheck I bought a $900 wedding cake. Me and my brother had no way to get it home since it didn't fit on our skateboards. We just had a cake fight in the parking lot. My brother passed away shortly after that. I still think about that day when ever I'm sad. Edit: For everyone asking, I worked as a window cleaner. Id rappel down the side of 30+ story buildings.

2.

Text - libertyorwhatever 3 days ago - edited 2 days ago O A 2 10 10 & 8 More I got into a stupid fight with my brother, so I found a game he had pledged on kickstarter (Space Haven) and saw that for 360 dollars I could write a premade character bio that would randomly show up. So I pledged it and wrote a character bio with his name and made him a flaming asshole. I have never played this game and don't want to.

3.

Text - OxBloodOxHeart 2 days ago 3 & A & 241 More I've been a fat guy all my life. Like, really fat. Dressing comfortably was always my preference because being stylish just isn't an option at my size. This was always a source of anxiety at any social event that required dressing up. When I realized I had 4 weddings of close friends all coming up within the year, I decided to bite the bullet and get some decent "formal" clothes. I spent $800 on a suit jacket, $250 on two pairs of dress pants, a

4.

Text - Andwhy99 3 days ago S A business class ticket on a 14 hour flight. I ate great food and slept like a boss. Made a huge difference to my trip as I didn't need to waste a day to recover.

5.

Text - chiree 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago 5 3 S4 600€ for an hour of laps (three of 20 minutes each) around the Nurburgring in Germany. It was open in the off-season and there wasn't a single other car near me the whole time. 10/10 one of the most thrilling experiences of my life. Edit: I rented a car at the track which is why it was so much. You can bring your own car or rent one there, but they don't allow commercial rental cars. Individual laps were I think 20€ each at the time.

6.

Text - Bbutton21 3 days ago a 2 14 15 & 23 More The summer after graduating high school, I won a decent amount of money playing online poker. Since I wasn't going off to college and all of my friends were, I decided to buy them all ridiculous going away gifts. A carpet, mailbox, toilet seat etc. were among the gifts. The most expensive and ridiculous gift I bought on a whim was a massive wheel of cheese, somewhere between $200-300. Little did I know at the time, that cheese wheel would set off a

7.

Text - tashalovescake 2 days ago My Litter Robot. Yes, I spent $600 on a cat shitter, but my house never smells, I don't have to scoop litter, and I only have to empty the drawer once a week. Definitely worth it to me.

8.

Text - Greenradiant 3 days ago 2 e8 S 3 3 Spending hundreds of euros on broken musical instruments because they were pretty. I have since bought spare parts and started repairing them. I found my destiny.

9.

Text - kukukele 3 days ago 24 S4 8 Friend spent $30 on a jukebox to play "I Whip My Hair Back and Forth" on loop for an hour in a bar. The bartender unplugged the machine.

10.

Text - willbeach8890 3 days ago e2 3 E The extra I pay in rent for a water view Completely worth it

11.

Text - -Words-Words-Words- 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago 2 5 e 2 B2 I bought the $350 Lego Ghostbusters firehouse 5 years ago. I was a huge Lego kid in the 1980's and loved Ghostbusters. When they announced the set I told my wife that I was buying it, ridiculous expense be damned. It is set up in my home office and will never come down.

12.

Text - Pissedtuna 3 days ago 5 e 3 3 4 $120 for a towel heater. I will never dry off with a cold towel again.

13.

Text - Dispatcher12 3 days ago 4 e5 32 I spent $56,000 on college for a degree I don't use, but I met my husband there so I really can't complain. If I divide that over the nearly 25 years we've been married and consider that he's the best of dudes it is a pretty good deal.

14.

Text - pokey1984 3 days ago Due to poor insulation and distance from the water heater, my shower is never properly warm in winter. I just bought a single end-point tankless water heater for just my shower. Best hundred and fifty bucks I ever spent. Could I really afford it? No. Did I need it? No. Do I love it? You bet your sweet bippy I do!

15.

Text - Richard1583 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago O 2 O 5 7 3 3 & 10 More Back in high school I was about to go on my first ever date and I made extra money to make sure I had enough (around $600 I had) the day before our date she gave me a letter and she basically broke up with me. Being a teenager I had no control over my emotions as being brought up in my family would say guys shouldn't cry over anything but I had no way to process it. So after school I went to 7 eleven bought 2 large slurpee

16.

Text - BushElk 3 days ago I spent about 6 grand on MC/ DJ for my wedding. But he was the most professional MC I've ever met. He coordinated all the sound with the videographer, the caterers around the speeches, preplanned all music and mixed songs to be the perfect length. I didn't worry about a thing on the day 14.9k + I Reply Share Report Save Nearsighted_Beholder 3 days ago If you've ever been to a wedding with a terrible MC then you know the value in a good one. I walked out of a reception w

17.

Text - rivertam2985 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago O 2 A 29 e21 & 31 More I spent $300 on a mule. An actual living, 4 hooved, long-eared mule. We raise cattle, so a protection mule was a good excuse. But, really, I just fell in love with him. He's huge and sassy. He'll steal your hat and run away. He's got a Ninja mode where he can sneak up on you, just to breathe down your neck or startle you. He does keep the coyotes away. However, he has proved himself priceless because he eats thistle. When

18.

Text - FridgesArePeopleToo 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago Dining at a Michelin starred restaurant in Milan. We had an 18 course meal with wine pairings for like $400 or so.

19.

Text - LetUsBeginAnew 2 days ago O S 8 $800 for a front seat helicopter tour of Kauai for me and my wife! Totally worth it!

20.

Text - O 2 29 34 & 4 More I spent $3000 for my wife to meet the backstreet boys and get front row seats. It is the best thing materium22 2 days ago that has ever happened to her and the smile on her face after the show and look of pure bliss in someone who suffers often from anxiety was worth every cent.

21.

Text - ThroughMyOwnEyes 2 days ago 2 @3 S 2 E 3 Back in 2017 my family went on a road trip to Minnesota to visit my nana shortly before she passed. During our stay me and my little sister went to the Mall of America and bought whatever the fuck we wanted. Big ice cream cones? Lego store souvenirs? Tickets to the aquarium? Fare for every indoor amusement park ride? A doll from the American Girl Store and eating an expensive lunch in the Store with your new doll sitting at the table with us? Fuck

22.

Text - Mistaferleigh 3 days ago 2 8 GE Opal nugget ice maker. Dang thing cost more than my car payment but, man oh man, I love nugget ice and I use it the heck out of it every day.

23.

Text - Tootsgaloots 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago O 2 9 10 3 8 E 5 When I was younger I came into a sum of about $15k. I wasnt very careful with the money and other than putting $5k down on car, I blew the money here and there. But what I put the largest amounts toward were friends in need. I paid one friend's power bill just before it got shut off. I helped another friend keep her water on. I never could keep my hands on money for long but I don't regret having "wasted" it helping friends.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment