Sunday, January 31, 2021

Most Ruthless Rejections People Have Endured


Someone on AskReddit got a gnarly thread going about the most ruthless rejections that people have ever endured. Some of these are just plain old heartless. It takes a lot for some folks to put themselves out there, and long as they're respectful, it's on the people being asked out to handle the rejections with just a little bit of grace. 

1.

Text - the_lonely · 10y The scene opens in a dim room where a sweet sixteen is being held. Boy is coerced by friends to ask a girl to dance. Boy goes to girl. "Would you mind a dance?" (In broken English) "Uh, I don't speak English. I am Puerto Rican." (Luckily the boy is also of Latin descent and can speak Spanish) "Queres bailar?" "Oh, I don't speak Spanish either." Made the rest of the night horrible. 378 ... +R

2.

Text - Geotis • 10y I asked a girl out. She said "yes" and gave me her number. When I alled, it was a reject hotline. Took me a while to shake that one off. 486 ...

3.

Text - [deleted] • 10y How about worst invitation to go out? In 6th grade girl calls me and asks if I want to go to the dance with her (I dunno which one, doesn't matter), I had crush on her so I of course say yes. Then her friend who was apparently on the line starts laughing and the girl starts laughing and the friend says "yeah right" then they hang up. I never recovered. 182 ...

4.

Text - bonerbambina • 10y "I can't envision myself ever caring about you emotionally" nerdy guy friend. BRUTAL, yet eloquently put. 359 ...

5.

Text - hoffboy · 10y I have to share my response to a rejection. I was at an under 21 (no alcohol) dance club with a friend ages ago (we're talking late 80's here, people) in Seattle. My buddy was the classic good looking muscle bound stud. Me..er...not so much. So we ask these two girls if they'd like to join us out on the dance floor. The girl closest to my buddy blurts out, "Sure!" but her friend, after a quick glance my way, decided I wasn't up to her standards and said, "Um...no thanks...my

6.

Text - ofsinope · 10y She made plausible excuses, leading me on for weeks. Ladies: Just fucking say no if you mean no. 127 ...

7.

Text - KryptKat · 10y 7th grade. A really cute girl asked me out. I said sure. We went out. A week later, I found out she only went out with me on a dare, and made twenty bucks for it. About ten years later, I ran into her at a show my band was playing. We start talking, and she started hitting on me. After plenty of advances on her part, I realized she had absolutely no idea who I was. So while we were talking, I got her to buy me two Long Islands ($10 each). I finished the first one, and as I

8.

Text - [deleted] • 10y I messaged a girl on OK Cupid once. She invited me over to a house party she was hosting. I went there, and knocked on the door. She looked at me and said, "Sorry. You're not invited anymore" and shut the door. I have no idea what her deal was. I had a bunch of pictures on there so she knew what I looked like. All I said was, "Hey." δΈͺ 114 ...

9.

Text - NuckingFuts74 · 10y I asked this girl to the prom. She was a sophomore and I was a senior. I had never really spoken to her but had a huge crush on her. One day I worked up the nerve to walk up to her after lunch and ask. In my nevous rush, I managed to mumble "Would you go to the prom with me" to which she responded "No, why would I". I was crushed. I found out later that day that she though I had said "Do you have a problem with me" because I tried to say it so quickly. The best part is

10.

Text - space-heater • 10y I asked a really cute girl out once by saying "Would you like to go to lunch?" Her reply... "I.... ahhhh, don't eat. Never heard that one before or after... + 70 ...

11.

Text - antieverything • 10y It generally isn't what they've said right off the bat so much as who they fuck in the next week or so. It generally goes down like this: Her: I'm physically attracted to you and everything but you aren't my type. Me: ...but my aging, unemployed, chainsmoking, alcoholic friend is your type? Her: Well...um...Look. I'm fucked up, ok? I can't wait til I'm old enough to date real women. Sheesh. 123 ..

12.

Text - jotate · 10y In 6th grade, I asked a girl out on the bus. She said "Okay!" and kissed me on the cheek. I went home feeling like a million dollars. Next day, she said "I actually have to break up with my other boyfriend first. Gimme a little bit." I said "Oh, uh, okay." Then I waited. And waited. And waited. And bought her a Christmas present. And waited. And then gave up. :( + 1 281 ...

13.

Text - subliminali • 10y I had a crush on this cute sophomore girl when I was a freshman so l asked her to be my date to winter formal. she responded "hahaha. Seriously though, will you tell your older brother I would totally say yes if he asks?"

14.

Text - [deleted] • 10y I expressed interest in this girl I had been spending a lot of time with and she just sort of narrowed her eyes and said, "Interesting." We're totally still pals, and I'm happy to say I can honestly look back and chuckle at myself. 199 ...

15.

Text - utricularian • 10y Just about to ask her out, "You know, l'm so glad we can just be friends. Too many men I meet just instantly want to date me. I wish everyone knew I wasn't available. What were you going to ask me?" "How's the soup?" 85 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment