Sunday, January 31, 2021

Guy Buys Suit of Armor, Ends Up Roleplaying as Manager


If only there could always be a threatening guy in a suit of armor for every single negative customer encounter. It's probably hard not to listen to anyone standing 6 foot 5 in a suit of armor. Sometimes the ol' manager switcheroo works out, like this entitled customer who came in after close and got kicked out by the "manager." It must feel pretty good to be someone's literal knight in shining armor.

1.

Text - Posted by u/KnightOfAMicroNation 13 hours ago & 2, 2 4 E6 3 6 8 8 Guy in armor? Must be in charge. XXXL So a bit of backstory. Back in 2018, when this occurred, I had saved up quite a bit of money from my job as a shift lead in the food service industry. So what did I, a 17M do with that money? I bought a suit of steel plate armor, helmet and all, something I had always wanted to do since I knew what a knight was. I had bought it primarily to wear at the local Renaissance Festival, but to

2.

Text - Anyways, onto the story. That October, my mom signed my entire family up to volunteer at a nearby hospital's Trunk-Or-Treat the Saturday before Halloween, a night I had off from work. So I suited up, the rest of my family got into their Ren-Fest costumes, and off we went. When we arrived, we reported to the event director (The REAL manager) and were assigned our duties. My parents were to hand out candy from the back of their car and keep an eye on the kids walking through, like most of t

3.

Text - My job was to stand at one of the entrances to the portion of the parking lot the event was taking place in and keep cars from driving through. Here to join the Trunk-Or-Treat? Go around the hospital to the exit side of the lot and someone else will direct you further. Just trying to leave the hospital? Sorry bud, you're going to have to turn around. No exit here. There was another entrance, but other volunteers took care of it, and mine was where the line of Trunk-Or-Treaters would wait

4.

Text - Text - So sometime between 2 and a half and 3 hours on duty, I hear a bit of yelling coming from the other parking lot entrance. I didn't think much of it, because there are a lot of people around being loud, especially kids. So I keep on keeping on. Then a moment later, just as I finish another photo op, there's a tap on my pauldron (Shoulder armor). I turn, and there stands one of the volunteers from the other entrance, looking a bit exasperated. "Hey, man, sorry to bother you, but can

5.

Text - Now I see a car stopped at the second entrance, and a red faced man in the driver's seat with the window down tearing into the second volunteer traffic cone. As we approached, the guy who grabbed me ran ahead, blocking the man's view of me as I got closer. "Alright, man," he said, "Here's the manager, like you wanted." "About f****** time! What, is he a r***** like you two?! I swear to god, I'll-" At this point, the volunteer who had me follow him stepped aside, and I came forward, right

6.

Text - The man just stared at me for a couple of seconds, mouth agape. Still not sure which was worse for him, the beast in medieval armor, or the fact he saw his own stupid face reflected in my visor. When he finally found his voice again, he sort of pointed ahead of him and mumbled "I, uh, I- I want to leave through here because the traffic is really bad the other way because of the construction-" I didn't let him finish and folded my arms, which wasn't exactly easy. "Seriously? You do see all

7.

Text - I was LOVING this. I never got to talk to people like this at my actual job. Without a word, he rolled up his window, put the car in reverse, and drove away. Once he was gone, the volunteer who grabbed me high fived his buddy, then me. "Sorry for dragging you into this, man, but I couldn't find the actual manager and this guy was pissed and then I saw you, and I knew you would be perfect." I just laughed, and told him it was no trouble, that it was actually very enjoyable. Then I took a p

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment