Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tumblr Thread: Family's Christmas Vampire Tradition Gets Heated


Anyone who has ever played a part in a family holiday tradition knows that things can go from 0 to 100 at a moment's notice. The holidays can be a lot like weddings in that they're this unique, high pressure, emotional time of the year that brings together all kinds of family members that would otherwise be advised to remain comfortably far apart. Drama can break out at just about any time. In this case though, the vibes remain relatively wholesome. Just a little friendly competitiveness and a whole lot of holiday spirit. 

1.

Engineering - * kaity--did Okay in my house we have a strange tradition. My mother builds this beautiful Christmas village. It wraps all around our house through the rooms and under the trees and it's wonderful. Every year she hides the Christmas Vampire

2.

Finger - 20

3.

Text - This started when I was a very small got child and spread to all of my friends, including my best friend from elementary school who I just so happened to grow up and marry. Now that we have grown up and moved nearly 600 miles away we still always go home for a week at Christmas for multiple reasons, including the Christmas Vampire. Needless to say we still partake and things have gotten heated. THE VAMPIRE HAS BEEN HIDDEN and this year the prize is not muffins. it is a movie pass and the

4.

Text - Im going to win and you're gonna watch the new mary poppins in a chimney sweep outfit when did costumes come into this equation The second you started the trash talk you can't just change the rules only the vampire has the power to change the rules don't you know anything about christmas Stay tuned for the epic conclusion and to see my husband and father in Lin-Manuel Miranda's sooty costume when I find the Christmas Vampire First! Happy Haunting!

5.

Text - Da Q : Gooooooooo0d morning!! Good Morning Kiddo! Have a wonderful and Blessed day!! Have a wonderful day! Thank you Kiddo 11:11 AM No cheating. You're not allowed to start looking for the Christmas Vampire until Shawn and I get home! Ok

6.

Text - I will be victorious! I'm not so sure You are the politest trash talker on the planet e 2 min • SMS Dad has no fricken clue how to trash talk and I don't trust him in the slightest. kaity--did The saga continues. Mom hasnt finished the village yet and it's starting to get to her... I'm getting to the point where I hate the village and I'm going to start

7.

Text - The saga continues. Mom hasnt finished the village yet and it's starting to get to her... I'm getting to the point where I hate the village and I'm going to start breaking things If I could just place the buildings and ppl anywhere... I would have been done days ago... It has to make some sense to me... Example: The toy store can go next to the candy shop, but I can't have the pub next to them, because I worry about the children running into drunk men...

8.

Text - YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY.... I WORRY ABOUT THE CERAMIC CHILDREN oldearthmapping Hahahaha, I mean I love this on multiple levels. But what really threw it over the top was the mom's anxiety over the world-building and city design being right. I feel you vampire-hiding mom, I feel you. airyairyquitecontrary can I just say that the Christmas Vampire is infinitely preferable to the Elf on the Shelf 114,037 notes

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment