Tuesday, December 15, 2020

People's Biggest Wedding Day Regrets


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about people's most painful wedding day regrets. It really sucks that so much of the wisdom we can gain in this life comes directly from the hard and unforgiving lessons that regretful experiences teach us. Sometimes we've just got to do certain things at certain occasions to realize we'll definitely never be doing them again. Hopefully none of these regrets ring any bells. If you're looking for more juicy wedding drama, check out the year's most entitled bridezillas

1.

Text - zippe6 • 16h 3 1 Award Getting a friend to video, it's crap Reply 3.9k ...

2.

Text - chwbng • 16h S 8 3 Awards Seems like most people's regret can be drilled down into doing what their parents wanted them to do. O Reply 1 8.1k 3 ...

3.

Text - emsquad • 17h 3 2 Awards A reception line. I got talked into it, I didn't want to do it but felt pressured. All I did for 3/4 of my reception was stand and say hello to people it was miserable and took a lot of the fun out of the day. Reply 9.1k ...

4.

Text - WinterCarry • 17h 3 Awards I regret not hiring a dj. Its not only music, they help with the flow of the wedding. Flower toss, first dance, money dance, whatever you want. We cut corners where we could and that was one I regret. Reply 5.6k ...

5.

Text - Ezzy17 • 12h 8 4 Awards Getting separated from my wife while at the wedding. She went to the bathroom and then got swarmed by friends and family and she disappeared what seemed like hours. Also, in general getting pulled away from eachother. When I would get a drink or talk to someone. The reason I regret it, is because my wife looked so absolutely stunning that day and I just wanted to look at her the entire time. My wife is still hot but something about that dress. Reply 1.3k ...

6.

Text - CrusaderOfTruth • 15h S 2 Awards In all honesty, I regret dancing so much. We danced so much, we forgot to go around to individually thank everyone for coming. They all came to us on the dance floor to say hello. 10/10 still dancing. É Q Reply 2.1k 3

7.

Text - EIToberino • 15h 8 3 Awards Well, we could have had the wedding in fall 2019, but my wife wanted more time to make sure everything was perfect, so we decided to have it in April 2020. Reply 4.1k ...

8.

Text - Tokugawa • 16h Tiny wedding in a beautiful state park. I forgot the rings in the car and my dad was kind enough to jog back and get them. That's the only regret I have for that day. 3.4k 3 Reply

9.

Text - xaanthar • 14h 1 Award Not exactly a regret, but just a reminder to keep things in perspective. Looking at my grandmother's wedding photos, she pointed out her bridesmaids wearing matching hats. She remembered these hats were important and there was some big to-do about them. For the life of her, she couldn't remember what exactly and you certainly couldn't tell from the pictures. Just remember that when you're having heated debates over the "correct" shade of blue for the napkins. Reply

10.

Text - starcrafter84• 16h Picking the longest song ever for a first dance Q Reply 901 ...

11.

Text - Letting my Ex-MIL dictate pretty much everything. It stopped being our wedding and became her wedding. And she is crazy. The whole wedding was no longer focused on my wife and I but my MİL handing my wife off to me. Which is really ironic because after that moment MiL became even more controlling. Some things she did.... She had a mommy daughter dance. Made an 30 minute long speech about raising my wife, including playing several inappropriate baby videos. Made a toast to herself Cut the

12.

Text - Runbunnierun • 16h Not eloping and leaving my mother-in-law in the dark. I could have had hair and makeup done. Could have had the dress of my dreams. And may even have pictures on my walls from a day I loved. I had none of those things and it still hurts. Reply 895 3 ...

13.

Text - earlgreylover • 15h Getting a shitty photographer my mom recommended (someone from her church). As we're taking pre- wedding pictures (part of the wedding picture package), I asked him during one of the breaks what got him into photography. He answered "it's just something to do while I try to open my restaurant". That should've been the red flag Reply 936 ...

14.

Text - Filgao93 • 18h S 7 Awards As it turned out... getting married. Reply 3.1k ...

15.

Text - Derekeys • 13h 3 2 Awards Stuffing cake in my wife's face. No exaggeration, i regret it to this day. One of the traits of a successful marriage is to protect your spouse, with words, with your actions. Protect in this case has the meaning of upholding their dignity, their honor, etc. shoving cake in their face is not doing any of that and it's very very public. Don't do it. Plus it messed with her make up, I really really wish I hadn't. :( | Reply 1 2.5k ...

16.

Text - chri8nk a• 16h Having one. The marriage was enough for us but we were pressured into having a wedding. It was fine, I guess, but I wish we would have just gone on a better, longer honeymoon. Reply 1 599 ...

17.

Text - ocean5648 • 16h 1 Award Letting the photographer dictate where we should be for the entire night. Going back I would have told him do all the photo poses you want in the first hour then leave us alone. Also would have had someone walk around with us when we said hi to each table to help us get out of drawn out conversations to make it go faster. | Reply 1 3.4k 3 •..

18.

Text - Yoguls • 16h Shaving my pubes. A Tight suit, hot weather and an itchy scrotum are a recipe for disaster! Reply 1.6k 3 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment