Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Things People Only Understood After Getting Older


When we're young, everything seems so cut and dried, but getting a little bit older makes us ask questions we didn't even know we had. It's eye opening, and it makes you realize that with greater responsibilities comes having to understand a lot of the things your parents complained about. Here are some total downsides to being an adult as well as some funny and embarrassingly basic stuff adults didn't know.

1.

Text - _doggystyle_ 29.7k points · 3 days ago 926 & 24 More Sleep is no punishment it's a gift

2.

Text - Slowjams 55.8k points · 3 days ago 28 & 73 More Friendships fading away I remember my dad telling me all kinds of cool stories about things him and his friends did in the past. I even asked him "why aren't you still friends with these people?" He really did basically say "it's complicated, you'll understand when you're older." Even back then I remember thinking "that's crazy, me and my friends will always be friends." Sitting here now in my early 30's and it really hits home.

3.

Text - xXnova16poguex 40.4k points · 3 days ago ,6 8 39 E 3 Not everybody is going to like you, even if you're a good person. 12

4.

Text - plotthick 31.4k points · 3 days ago 5 0 11 e4 & 14 More The quiet, boring, simple, times are the best. Everyone's fed, happy, healthy, chill, napping... these are the good times.

5.

Text - laundryandblowjobs 28.0k points · 3 days ago 3 2 3 3 If the door is closed, you should always knock.

6.

Text - AWhistlingWoman 6.2k points · 3 days ago That EVERYTHING has shades of grey/is a sliding scale. It is so easy to understand the world as absolutes when young. Suddenly realising in my late teens/early twenties that basically nothing is an absolute was a total revelation that really steers my understanding of everything and undoubtedly makes me a better person.

7.

Text - diegojones4 27.3k points · 3 days ago 2 3 2 Money. There was a reason that you didn't get those shoes, the PS5, a new shiny car, etc. Maintaining a home and keeping the family fed is fucking expensive.

8.

Text - foundingflounders 25.6k points · 3 days ago · edited 3 days ago 2 King Triton, Arieľ's dad was right. She was just a child and she was not “in love" with the random prince she saw for all of 30 seconds.

9.

Text - call-me-mama-t 25.4k points · 3 days ago 2 2 e2 33 8 Time...wasting time, and how time flies. It's mid Dec & I'm saying to myself 'what the heck-it's been 9 months of Covid & I can't believe this year is almost over'! As you age it seems to go faster & faster. When I was younger I felt like time just dragged on some days.

10.

Text - Tru27 25.1k points · 3 days ago 4 3 e3 & 4 More Literally getting older. Never thought much about when adults would say "You're still young, just enjoy it". I always wanted to be older because I was tired of HS, wanted to be out of college, etc. Now I want aging to slow down a bit.

11.

Text - steviebergwijn 21.9k points - 3 days ago 2 3 2 3 2 O Why it's so annoying when you forget to take the chicken out of the freezer

12.

Text - -eDgAR- 20.2k points · 3 days ago · edited 3 days ago 14 9 & 60 More When I was a kid my dad and I had a tradition every week of going to the video store and renting a movie or two to watch together. It was one of my favorite things to do, but I remember I used to get really upset at him because every single time we'd actually start to watch the movie he would fall asleep. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that the reason he would fall asleep was because he was exhausted from wo

13.

Text - ninten-dont 19.9k points · 3 days ago 2 2 & 6 More Can we get McDonald's? No we have food at home.

14.

Text - distrucktocon 18.2k points · 3 days ago ,5 9 3 3 8 8 4 It is possible to do everything right and still fail. Dont let it consume you. Pick up the pieces and move on. I had to learn this after a project that I was on for 3 years was sabotaged and shitcanned. I did some amazing work, and poured my life into that project.. in the end I had nothing to show for it. It put me in a real slump for a few years. Im still trying to pull myself out of it without becoming a cynical and jaded asshole.

15.

Text - Wyndsock 16.8k points · 3 days ago 2 e2 3 2 E 2 The sound of your joints exploding every time you get up.

16.

Text - justcurious247_ 15.6k points · 3 days ago Why my parents would look disgusted eating/ drinking anything that was sweet. • I never understood why they watered down juice until now

17.

Text - FoxtailZerda 15.5k points · 3 days ago 2@3 2 Something a little more lighthearted, but about half the jokes on cartoons like SpongeBob take on a whole new light once you've got more experience under your belt. ikindalold 10.4k points · 3 days ago 2 3 34 & 7 More You either die a Spongebob or live long enough to become a Squidward.

18.

Text - RedsInABox 14.2k points · 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago Time off. Working crazy hours in my early 20s was nice because I had a lot of money 3 6 e & 7 More but as I became older and more involved with my now fiancé and my friends I realized that there's a balance. This drove me to look for a job with a little less pay but far better hours and now I'm happy. Don't work like a slave, you'll miss a lot of good things in life.

19.

Text - bibbidibobbidi-bacon 14.2k points · 3 days ago · 55 & 16 More edited 3 days ago Good people aren't always nice people, and vice versa.

20.

Text - allsfairinwar 13.7k points · 3 days ago 2 4 5 3 2 8 3 What parents sacrifice just so you can do something fun. Last night my husband and I sat in a line of cars for an hour and a half so our kids could see this cheesy drive thru light display in my town with Santa and other characters. 0/10 not worth it for us but the kids loved it and it was worth it to see them be able to do a fun Christmas activity during a pandemic. It made me think of how much my parents had to endure taking my broth

21.

Text - pilatesse 13.2k points · 3 days ago 2 3 e S 3 & 3 More Socks are a very nice gift.

22.

Text - curiousboopnoodle 10.8k points · 3 days ago 2 3 24 Teenagers are just kids. It's something I quite literally was not capable of understanding until I wasn't a teenager anymore. When I was a teenager I felt so000 grown up.

23.

Text - QuarantineTitans 9.7k points · 3 days ago · edited 3 days ago In my teens and 20's, I just couldn't understand how my parents were so oblivious to celebrities. They were all over TV, their names and faces blasted on everything, it seemed everybody had some strong emotionally charged opinion about every major actor, musician, director, or tabloid magnet. What are they, living under a rock? Didn't take long to find out why. Growing up, I didn't have a pre- existing list of "these are famous

24.

Text - pinetreeroad 8.5k points · 3 days ago 25 e6 3 E 5 That the quality rather than quantity of friends matters.

25.

Text - eeyoremarie 7.7k points · 3 days ago Hand me downs. I absolutely hated them, e 8 2 even though my grandma was a genius with them. Dyeing, artistic patches, new buttons... They just didn't last compared to the new clothes my older sister had. Then I had 3 boys in 6 years.. I'm seriously grateful that my grandma tried so hard to make my hand me downs look good. I get it now.

26.

Text - BigBadKYDO 6.5k points · 3 days ago Why the pet hamster changed color

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment