Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Incompetent Manager Suspends Employee, Expects Them At Shift


It's a wonder that people like this are able to end up in the managerial positions that they are. This incompetent manager sounds like they were incapable of making one correct move. It's just one fail after another, and the whole time they're stirring up a fuss about the very problems that they are proactively causing. At least the malicious compliance aspect of this is on point. Check out another incompetent manager who forbid overtime and then had it backfire terribly

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance + Join u/Azurix8 • 1d Come in for my shift? You just suspended me. L This happened about 3 years ago while I worked at a large pizza chain as a manager. Background: At the time of this story I was in college coming up on 5 years of service at this company and 4 years of it being management. At our location I was the second longest standing employee with one other manager having 1 more year than me,so it goes to say that we knew how to run the store smoothly and handl

2.

Text - Cast: me as me, the general manager and manager in training. Its the middle of a dinner rush on Wednesday and I'm running the line where we make the pizzas. Everyone is moving among and things are going smooth. Then I hear our new. General manager from across the floor talking to our manager in training General manager: Sure hunny if you want to leave early that shouldn't be a problem! Only problem is it very much is a problem she is one of two closers for the night and I like going home

3.

Text - Me: Hey sorry to overhear but did you just say manager I'm training can leave early tonight? General manager: Yes, is there a problem? Me: manager in training is scheduled to be a closer tonight with me to be trained on paperwork and help clean. Did you ask anyone else to take their pace? General manager: No , but that shouldn't be a problem its only Wed and you can manage it just leave when your scheduled to and I can handle what's left in the morning Me: Ok Boss if you say so. Cue MC

4.

Text - So the night is ending and me and my one closer are scrambling to get things done. I got the paperwork and daily cash put together and inventory while he cleaned. Right at the stroke of midnight I looked at him and said boss said its time to go new general manager said to leave when scheduled they will handle the rest tomorrow. Needless to say things where not finished. Dishes where piled in the sink, floors weren't fully swept and mopped, and stations where not setup. Come tomorrow morni

5.

Text - Me: what seems to be the problem? Manager in training: you left this store a mess! And you call yourself a manager! General manager: She's right this is unacceptable. Me: I just did as you told me and left at my scheduled time At this comment the general manager blew up and screamed some slew about how manager in training can replace me in a heartbeat and that I should have stayed and finished my job. He then proceeded to tell me l'm suspended from work for 2 weeks, and to that I happily

6.

Text - Fast forward to Friday night (I normally close Friday and Saturdays) and I get a phone call from manager in training asking where I am. I humbly reminded her I'm suspended and to enjoy covering it alone. minutes later the general manager called me demanding I come work My shift and how he can't believe l'm skipping out. Again I humbly reminded him that I'm suspended on his orders. At this he stammered for a second then just told me to come in anyway as they have none too cover My shifts.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment