Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Man Wants Holiday Drink, Barista Says No, Man Finds Loophole


Sometimes, even if you're being a respectable and agreeable customer you end up coming across someone on their job that's clearly just having a day. Normally, it's on you to play nice and be as accommodating as you ca to their foul mood. Customer service ain't easy, and anyone that's ever worked a customer service job will confirm that for you. But, when you have a dude like this barista, you might end up caving in and playing around a little bit. We can only imagine the expression on this dude's face. 

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance + Join u/No-Finger2501 • 8h 1 @7 3 5 1 8 5 I can't order a drink you're advertising and have open ingredients for? FINE Rule 8. Not sure if it fits in here or there is a more suitable sub, but here goes. I'm in the UK and was with friends at one of the main coffee shop brands. I won't say which one but it's similar to Costalot. It was a few days after Christmas last year (important for later).

2.

Text - When I was served by the barista, it was obvious i was going to have an 'experience'. This guy acted haughtily and spoke to people with a sneer, and came across like he considered himself a prince amongst men. He had a long floppy fringe that he kept brushing out of his contempt-filled eyes every few seconds. He clearly didn't want to be there or deal with the likes of me. Awkward for both of us. It was a two man team so a barista would take the order and make the drink. So he had to make

3.

Text - Ме - "Yes" Barista, smirking - "So I can't make you a Christmas drink" Me - "But you're advertising it and you've still got the ingredients open behind the counter" This drink is basically a shot of the flavoured sauce, hot chocolate, and cream on top. It's not that onerous or taxing to make compared to a normal hot chocolate. It's literally a normal hot chocolate with a flavour syrup put in. Barista, sighing and rolling his eyes "it's not available right now" I wondered if he was being a

4.

Text - Me - "ok fine. In that case, would i be able to buy a single shot of a flavoured syrup please? It says they are 35p on the board" Barista, dismissively - "I don't see why not" Me - "can I order a shot of the black cherry syrup there, but in a medium sized takeaway cup?" Barista tuts and silently turns, gets a shot of said syrup in a cup for me and contemptuously places it in front of me. "Anything else?" he sneers. Cue my malicious compliance... I slide cup back to him and say "can you ma

5.

Text - Barista grimaces and realises that l've followed his Instructions completely and still got myself a Black Forest hot chocolate. I stand and watch him make it, which he does with the most reluctant and bitter energy imaginable. For the record, it was pretty good. 14.7k 922 ↑, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment