Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Incompetent Boss Insists On Using Errant GPS, Karma Ensues


If you ever have a boss who rudely insists that you "don't think" while you're in the driver's seat, you certainly have the opportunity to serve up a whopping plate of malicious compliance. Thus was the case with this employee who decided to follow their boss' orders despite being well aware that they drove past the correct exit ramp. Naturally, the boss was not stoked, but clearly had a moment of sobering realization that they vastly underestimated their employee's ability to follow instructions. Check out some more juicy malicious compliance content with this call center that wouldn't give their employee a raise, so malicious compliance ensued

1.

Blue - r/MaliciousCompliance u/AlwaysTheNoob · 21h + Join 1 2 2 e7 3 4 8 3 "You're not here to think" - ouch, but okay L tl;dr at the bottom About a decade ago, I was the new guy at the company. We have people fly in from all over the world to start putting gear together before leaving again for job sites, and one of the things I did in my earlier days was pick those people up from the airport, take them to their hotel after work, etc.

2.

Text - I pick a guy up who's going to be my boss on an upcoming job. The airport is about an hour from our HQ and hotel if you take the highway and main roads. When I meet him at the airport, he makes a request that I follow the directions on this "awesome new GPS app" that he's got on his phone. Swears it finds the absolute fastest routes. I'm paid by the hour and l'm the new guy, so sure, no problem. It ends up taking almost 25% longer than the main roads would have, but l'm not bothered. The

3.

Text - A couple days later, we drive a few hours to our primary job site. The trip is fine; I follow his magic app and we arrive without incident. It's the largest job l've done so far, and I admittedly stumbled with a little bit of it. Boss tries to give me a pep talk at the end of day one, but fails miserably. One of the critiques he gave me is "you're not here to think". There are engineers on the job, and there are techs. I'm just a tech, and I'm told I'm basically there to do the grunt work

4.

Text - Once the event is over, it's my job to take boss man back to the airport, which l'd like to remind you at this point is in the city I live in, and not where he's from. We're running a little later than I would prefer to, but he's the kind of guy who would rather get to the airport 15 minutes before his flight boards. And as always, we're using his GPS, which he is still raving about. I don't know if the dude's friend invented the app or something, but he's just seriously fawning over it.

5.

Text - Well, we approach what I know is the exit to the airport, but the app says to stay on the highway and take the next exit in a mile or two. So I follow the app, having learned my lesson from the boss, and soon we're stopped dead in a tight, single-lane construction zone. Boss realizes this, and starts to panic. And then starts asking if l'm sure I took the "right route". "The exit l'd normally take for the airport was a little ways back, but the GPS said to keep going." "You went past the

6.

Text - He shouted at me this time: "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Since the car was stopped dead, I turned my head so I could meet his eyes, and very blankly said "/'m not here to think." If Uber had existed there at the time, I think he would have gotten out of the car with his bag and called for a ride. As it is, I spent the rest of the trip listening to him yell at some poor airline agent about getting his flight rebooked, since it was at this point that he wasn't going to get there in time. And

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment