Monday, November 16, 2020

Weirdest Things Walmart Employees Witnessed


If there's one thing that seems glaringly obvious in these stories of weird days on the job for Walmart employees, it's that there's pretty much never a normal day on the job when you're working at Walmart. Also, people really need to stop using Walmart aisles as their own personal bathrooms. 

1.

Text - gigashadow89 • 6y My favorite was the guy who came in and said "I lost the remote so I need a new tv" I asked him if the tv was broken. It wasn't, he just lost the remote and didn't want to bother finding it, so he wanted a new tv. I showed him our selection of universal remotes....he responded with "but then l'd have to program it. The new tv comes with a preprogrammed remote." So I sold the guy a 50 inch tv. 621 ...

2.

Text - bakageta • 6y Former Walmart employee, hope that counts. Not nearly as weird as some of these, but I watched a disgruntled employee spear 5-6 large TVs with the forklift-like picker used to pull pallets off the top shelves in the back. He said he was sick of the job and had done everything he could think of to get fired, but wasn't having any luck. It was near Christmas, and they apparently needed people so badly he didn't get fired over this either. After coming back from a talk with the

3.

Text - bidsmack • 6y i worked as a third-shift stock boy for Wal-Mart throughout college. One of the most interesting jobs I have ever had. One of my favorite stories was one night about 3am a bunch of kids came in wearing bandannas and riding adult-sized big wheels about as fast as they could. They made it clear across the store to the soda and stole about 5 2-liters and a bunch of chips and snacks. The entire staff just watched this happen too. Seemed par for the course. I have a lot of other

4.

Text - Noromac • 6y Ex employee of the produce department. Someone returned a mango to the store saying they "didnt need it anymore". Was returned cut up into 3 different slices and stitched back up with scotch tape. I...what? Edit: I have a pic somewhere, let me find it for you all. Found it: http://imgur.com/F72BN and turns out I had the reasoning wrong sorry. Regardless I was still shocked as to why he bothered to try and tape it lol 1 3.0k ...

5.

Food

6.

Text - OptimismlsFoolish • 6y A code Adam was called, and the kid was found in the ball display endcap. He crawled in there and was having fun. 1.8k ...

7.

Text - dirt820 • 6y A few years back, I worked at Walmart as an Assistant Manager. I was working a 12p-10p shift and the overnight manager called off sick, so I stayed until 4am so somebody working mornings could come in early and we could have it covered. Any way, it was February in northern Illinois. The temp outside at 2am was about 6 degrees. At about 2:30, I get a call over the walkie talkie to come up to the Pharmacy and that "You've got to see this." I went up to Pharmacy and see two youn

8.

Text - belajour • 6y One time, I was coming off break and passed two older men. They looked a little odd, but I only cause a glance at one of them at first, which caused me to stop and turn around. Two men in what looked like their mid-50s with tanned skin wearing Bavarian barmaid dresses, complete with shoes and pigtails, were walking through the store shopping. I made eye contact for a moment, and I got the the most serious look from one of them. They were acting like it wasn't unusual at all.

9.

Text - [deleted] • 6y I used to work in the Garden Center of Wal-Mart. There was an apartment complex on the other side of our fence. I noticed a guy standing by the fence on the outside, in the apartment complex. About ten minutes later, another comes running from in the store, TV in hands and chucks it over the 10 foot fence. His friend caught it and took off running into the complex. They earned that TV. 221 •..

10.

Text - ginabobina • 6y 1 Award I worked at Walmart for about a year, but was not technically a Walmart employee. I was part of a company that handles the books and music. Anyway, I usually tried to keep to myself and never really talked to anyone. Every now and then, there'd be a stray employee that would browse through the books (killing time, I suppose) while I was stocking. This one guy would come by maybe once a week, chat for maybe 10 minutes, and leave. He was a little weird, but he never

11.

Text - FatalGhost • 6y College kids riding bikes at night around the store, I'm not gonna lie I tried to stop one of them with my pallet We've had a dog get let lose in my store People would bite into fruit, apples and pears mostly, then putting them back with the others as if it never happened. 50 ...

12.

Text - Wdwdash • 6y Was at my local Walmart once. Fire alarms go off. Jewelry counter is smoldering. Evacuate? No. Fire alarm silenced, shoppers allowed to keep shopping with smoke fogging half the store. 16 ...

13.

Text - Denivire • 6y Out of all the things that are weird, I think the weirdest is some of the shit l've seen people steal. Most thieves normally leave the packaging stuff behind product in the isles, and some you can see at the last second slide something into their shirt/jacket/purse. Then there are the people who are busted, and you see the stuff in the Loss Prevention (LP) room or being brought to customer service by the LP team. I've seen something as big as TVs (biggest successfully stolen

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment