Friday, November 27, 2020

Weirdest Compliments People Received


Sometimes, a seemingly kindhearted person sends a compliment your way, but you're not really sure if what they just said to you did in fact come out of the kindness of their heart. It was strange. An unexpected arrangement of words. Or even worse, was it a backhanded compliment? Well, we're not entirely sure what's going on with this batch of weird compliments. But they'd certainly be fun to try out the next time you're otherwise going to give someone a conventional compliment. 

1.

Text - Text - DragonLance11 • 1d In 7th grade, I wore a fanny pack to school to hold stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh cards, which I played with at lunch. Once while walking down the hallway an 8th grader I never met before was like "Duuude I like your fanny pack", gave me a high five, and kept walking. I never saw him again, and miraculously nobody ever picked on me about it (to my face at least). Reply 536 3 ...

2.

Text - Text - jo-hn-dea-ux • 1d S 8 8 Awards That Im like a piece of furniture, dont do much but you notice when im not there. Reply 1 11.8k ...

3.

Text - Text - sweatyicecubes • 1d A 5 Awards A teacher in high school told me several times that I had a perfectly shaped head. Reply 1 29.0k 3 ...

4.

Text - Text - Saiyankasuna • 1d 3 Awards I had pink eye and the nurse was looking into the non infected eye. "You have beautiful retinas." Thank you...? Q Reply 3.7k

5.

Text - Adepte • 1d 6 Awards "You are so tan, how did you get so tan?" I'm Indian. Reply 16.3k ...

6.

Text - Text - EIBeatch • 1d S 2 Awards Someone told me my eyes were upside down. Not sure what the means or if was even a compliment, they seemed friendly. Reply 1 14.4k 3 ... +

7.

Text - Text - Conscious_Tea • 1d aS 10 Awards "You remind me of a swan." Reply 1 37.2k ...

8.

Text - Text - |_hate_traveling• 1d "Wow, you're stronger than my dad" -my gf, the first time I picked her up Reply 6.2k ...

9.

Text - Text - MagnoliaJoness • 1d 19 Awards Random stranger while I was on a run: "NICE NECK". I'm not saying I believe in vampires, but I made sure my windows were all locked that night. + Reply 32.1k ...

10.

Text - Text - TokenCommonMan • 1d 3 9 Awards "You look comfortable." Not as in I looked relaxed. She meant I looked comfortable to rest, lean or lay on. At first I asked if she was politely saying I was fat. She explained that I had a look about me of being someone who would comfortable to cuddle with and not hog space or covers. I took it as a compliment. I hope it was. This was a stranger I was having a conversation with during the morning train commute maybe three years ago. Came from out of

11.

Text - Text - AnarchyinGroland • 1d 1 Award "I took me a couple decade to realize guys like you are the best" Reply 1 3.8k 3 ...

12.

Text - Text - SilverMaxwell • 1d 3 1 Award When i went to the doctor i geuss they were training a nurse? They were about to draw my blood and the older one poked at my veins. She said i had nice "bouncy" veins, so theyre easy to see and draw blood from. E Q Reply 4 5.8k 3 |+ ...

13.

Text - Text - sdurb • 1d 7 Awards My 4 year old son told me I smelled like music. When I asked what kind of music he said "music you dance to". Still the best compliment I have received to date!

14.

Text - Text - The_red_juice • 1d 5 Awards "With the right makeup you'd make a really good looking girl" l'm a guy btw Reply 14.1k ...

15.

Text - Text - WhattheDuck9 • 1d 6 Awards "you'd look great in an off shoulder dress" I'm a guy,but if I ever want to start wearing dresses,I know l'll choose off shoulder ones Reply 27.6k 3 ...

16.

Text - Text - silvermoonchan • 1d S 1 Award My friends and I were talking about what kind of potatoes we'd be. One of my best friends told me "You'd be a loaded baked potato. People pay extra for that good shit!" Reply 8.1k 5 ...

17.

Text - Text - eating_mandarins • 1d 8 Awards During an internal ultrasound I once got told I have beautiful Fallopian tubes. I've been riding that high for years. | Reply 19.1k 3 ...

18.

Text - Text - LLCoolBrap • 1d 3 5 Awards Some random cute girl in town told me I was "a boom- ting" while I was waiting at the bus stop after school. I assumed it was an insult at the time, it was only days later that I discovered that she was calling me hot.

19.

Text - Text - co000ook123 • 1d 3 6 Awards I, an 18 y/o male at the time, was cat-called while walking up the street. The assailant screamed "YOU HAVE VERY GOOD POSTUUURE" lol

20.

Text - Text - MisterHuesos • 1d S 4 Awards "You finally look like a human being" It happens everytime I get a haircut lol

21.

Text - Text - redrepu • 1d 3 4 Awards It wasnt really a weird compliment, just a really weird delivery. This girl came up to me and told me to look straight forward, stared into one of my eyes for like 2 minutes and said "nice"

22.

Text - Text - WatchTheBoom • 1d A2 e 3 12 Awards Someone told me that they liked talking to me because I made them use their whole brain. I dunno. It's weird, but it was nice to hear. Edit: since a bunch of people are making the same joke about strokes, here are the 5 Classic Warning Signs of Stroke! Know when to call for help! Weakness or numbness in the face, arm or leg, usually on just one side. Difficulty speaking or understanding language. Decreased or blurred vision in one or both eyes. Un

23.

Text - Text - guestpass127 • 1d S 4 Awards A coworker once told me that I was "a cross between Han Solo and Dr. Bunson Honeydew from the Muppets." This was in 1998 and I still can't stop thinking about it - was that supposed to be a compliment? An insult? The worst part is that he was pretty accurate, actually Reply 1 22.0k 3 ...

24.

Text - Text - Bulls_N_Glitter • 1d 1 Award From a teacher: You're like a barb wired fence, maybe something gets past you, but it leaves tattered pieces behind. (I'm not very attentive, but somehow I manage to pick up info I need and use it appropriately) + Reply 5.1k ...

25.

Text - irishamerican • 1d 3 Awards I went to my 25th high school reunion and a woman I knew then didn't recognize me. When I told her my name she said "Oh my gosh! You're so handsome now!" Reply 11.9k ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment