Thursday, October 22, 2020

Times Students' Parents Obviously Did Their Work


Sometimes people think it's the students that ae the most challenging part of a teacher's job. That's only true most of the time. It can actually be the parents trying to interfere too much with their kid's education. Sometimes a teacher can just look at a finished project and go, "looks like dad did a great job." Sometimes it goes the other way. Sometimes teachers have no faith in students but they succeed anyway, like this student who won an art contest to spite their rude teacher.

1.

Text - elliotp1000 34 points · 4 hours ago I had a student hand in an assignment on google docs. Most was written by his dad. How did I know? His dad was logged in while writing it so it showed up on the edit history. The worst part is the dad is one of the assistant principals

2.

Text - LucJenson 2.8k points · 9 hours ago When the student came in crying while holding the project and when asked what happened she announced that she was frustrated that her mom did the whole project, it looked nothing like how she wanted it to, and wasn't allowed to really do anything on it. This wasn't the first assignment that came in from this student that was clearly done by the mum but the student finally had had enough of having her education taken from her.

3.

Text - neoldguy 1.1k points · 11 hours ago Penmanship - no kidding, kid had the maid write it.

4.

Text - Emperor_Cartagia 891 points · 11 hours ago Middle school science project, kid came in with a crude internal combustion engine, having previously failed science three quarters in a row.

5.

Text - fluxy2535 887 points · 7 hours ago · edited 7 hours ago I taught elementary art classes for a few years, and a lot of time would have crossover lessons with certain subjects. One year we had the second graders do a project for their unit on Native Americans, where they had to make dioramas of a type of Native American house of their choosing, and then write a little two paragraph essay on who lived in that style of house and why it was built that way. Most kids made Tipis or wigwams out o

6.

Text - Lennysrevenge 736 points 10 hours ago 6th grade research project that ended in a 3 page paper. One kid turned in a 10 page paper. And it definitely wasn't a bad attempt at plagiarism. It kind of felt like the mom was missing her own academic уears.

7.

Text - Departure_Jaded 689 points · 11 hours ago His dad accidentally wrote his own name on the paper. I tortured the kid for a week by calling him by his dad's name. Ah good times.

8.

Text - dahopppa 590 points · 9 hours ago 3 Not a teacher but in middle school I procrastinated as most kids do and forgot about project to make a brochure about a country. My parents stayed up all night helping me (doing the majority of it). Years later underclassmen would tell me that same teacher would pull my project out every year and tell them what hard work looks like.

9.

Text - joe_nard_vee 413 points · 10 hours ago As a student, I remember in woodworking that we have to make a foldable chair that we have to work on the whole sem. In the end mine was a fucking safety hazard aka it can be sit upon but there's like nails ready to skewer your ass. Scared to submit that i literally bought new materials outside class and let my dad do it. Teacher was shocked on how good it was and question my authencity. In the end i confessed that it was my dad but my teacher's ego

10.

Text - zpezzuolo 277 points · 11 hours ago The circles were perfect circles. (I work with first grade special education kids)

11.

Text - Adonis0 268 points · 7 hours ago This discovery was a collaboration between me and another teacher The student in question submitted an assignment that showed no cohesion or ability to connect ideas (Told me about how to 'make' detergent from kiwi fruit in 500 words, the task was a 1500 word assignment on a DNA extraction experiment) and then the same week submitted an A standard assignment to their psychology teacher with excellent flow, arguments and great conceptual synthesis.

12.

Text - schoonerw 203 points · 6 hours ago 12-year-old kid brings in a BEAUTIFUL galleon. All the other kids' galleons look like they are cut out of styrofoam using a butter knife, or some kind of strange 50/50 amalgamation of cardboard and hot glue, and then there's this kid with a wooden galleon, complete with rigging, cloth sails, a stand...after talking to him I finally get him to admit that his parents had gone to a shop and ordered a custom- made ship. What the heck?!?

13.

Text - Smazz97 147 points · 7 hours ago Obligatory 'not a teacher' but in grade 3 we had to build the classic volcano-that-erupts-bicarb-soda-lava. I did the entire thing myself, refusing help from my parents. I walked into class so proud of what I'd made and then saw everyone else's- CLEARLY made by their parents... one kid's even had fake smoke coming out of his, like bro we're 7 years old, it's ok.

14.

Text - White_Wolf_Dreamer 129 points · 8 hours ago Not a teacher, but a girl in my brother's class won an award for her DARE essay, but when she had to read the essay for the class, she had to keep stopping to ask the teacher how to pronounce different words. On the essay that 'she' wrote. I'm honesty surprised they didn't revoke the award.

15.

Text - Pimpcool420 99 points · 10 hours ago Not a teacher but I remember one. An assignment in a language class involved audio recordings (not like a video, but something pre-recorded at home to present to the class). One student obviously had her mother speak the entire thing; in one bit you could actually hear her voice in the background while her mom was talking into the mic.

16.

Text - NicolasGirl 60 points · 6 hours ago An essay the kid wrote about his dad being his hero. Went on to list all of the father's achievements, the stuff he did for his kid, and ending with "my dad is super smart."

17.

Text - Appropriate_Mango_29 58 points · 3 hours ago Not a teacher but when I was at school we had a class called home tech, cooking, sewing etc f knows why but anyway, we had to make a peg bag from stripe of material and put it together using a sewing machine. I wasn't doing that so I asked my mum to do it for me with my material. She did, and she was chuffed at her final product. So I took it back to school, my teacher gave me an D for my mums peg bag and she's still fuming over it. TLDR mum di

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment