Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Strangest Encounters People Had With Strangers


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the most bizarre interactions that people have ever had with strangers. Sometimes we cross paths with someone in this crazy big old world that we've never met, and proceed to have the kind of encounter that we'll never forget. Life can be a weird. 

1.

Text - r/AskMen + Join u/h113e • 1y What's the weirdest social interaction you've ever been part of? For me, the cake definitely goes to that one time I was was told by a woman in line at the drug store, out of the blue, that she used to breastfeed me. Explanation: I was in college and one weekend went back to my small hometown and ran some errands for my parents. Was in a drugstore and this woman that was roughly my mother's age came to me and started talking: W: hey, are you by any chance u/h1

2.

Text - W: you might not remember me, but (gets closer to me and whispers to my ear) I used to breastfeed you when you were a baby, because your mother didn't lactate. Me: W: Me: W: anyway tell your mother I said hi! See you around! Asked my mother about this when I got home, and apparently it's true - they were good friends and both gave birth days apart. When mom learned that she can't breastfeed me, this woman offered to breastfeed me along with her son.

3.

Text - kidkkeith • 1y I'm going to a job interview at 2pm. I walk in around 1:45pm and go to the receptionist to tell him l've arrived for the interview. He says "ok, but we have a scheduled fire alarm test at 2pm so would you mind coming back at around 2:15pm?" I say no problem and go for a walk around the area outside. I come back in around 2:10pm and a woman is standing next to the reception desk. She asks if I am there for the 2pm interview and asks if I know that I'm late. I look at the rec

4.

Text - Kdoterin • 1y 3 1 Award It's winter and an older woman was struggling with her groceries while me and my friend in a grocery store thats kinda out in the sticks. I helped her cause l'm just nice like that. We get to her car and my friend is getting pissed because the lady is going on and on about her mother who was 102 and just died and how she's never been grocery shopping without her. I had just lost someone myself so I was commiserating, but slowly backing away. It's snowing and kinda

5.

Text - ThaChalupaBatman • 1y • Male 1 Award For me, it was probably when I went to see my college's advisor to talk about potentially taking an exam to prove I know a subject (not sure what they're called) so I didn't have to retake a class. A bit of backstory, I took an online math class, got A's on all the homework and tests but failed the class because I didn't take the mandatory, 5 question pre- module quizzes that basically ask, "What percentage of your grade is exams?" "How many exams are

6.

Text - She then calls the examination center to see if they'll administer the exam for me and what available times they would be available. While on the phone, she says, "I'm here in my office with a young man named ThaChalupaBatman and he would like to take a knowledge exam. I've told him they can be difficult but he's much smarter than he looks." I forgot how the rest of the encounter went but I took the test and passed, but l'll always remember the encounter where I found out I apparently loo

7.

Text - Headsup1958 • 1y (USA) I was about 40(M) when I was shopping at a local grocery store. In line to check out ahead of me was a young woman in her early 20's holding a baby girl. The baby reached out to me and said, "Da Da". It happens a lot because I look like the fatherly type, I guess. Anyway the young woman turns and looks at me and says, "I don't THINK so", while turning up her nose. I chuckled and said, "Well at least one of you has good taste in men". 5.5k ...

8.

Text - [deleted] • 1y Was in Meijer grocery shopping. I was really tired and maybe a little delirious because it was only a few weeks after I had my kid. We'll call the other subjects of this story Not John and Not Mary. Anyway this guy comes up to me and his girlfriend is with him and goes "Hey [my name]!! How you doing?" Me: I'm good John! Nice to see you? Is this Mary?? Nice to meet you! Him: I'm not John... Not Mary: Who is Mary?? {glaring at Not John} Me: I'm sorry l'm really tired! Just ha

9.

Text - Me: Well it was nice to see you!! Have a nice day!! {panicking a little trying to figure out who the fuck these people are} I walked away and felt really awkward, and realized who I had mixed them up with and to be fair, the girlfriend also looked similar to John's girlfriend who l'd only seen pictures of. A few weeks later I found out Not John and Not Mary broke up because it turns out Not John was actually cheating on her with a different person named Mary. I panic blocked both of them

10.

Text - whitters414 • 1y My boss has been out sick from work for a while and when he returned I told him that we were happy to see him back. He was walking towards me and for some reason I thought he was going in for a hug...he. Was. Not. He dodged my attempt to hug him and said, "I'm still contagious!" I wanted to die. 592 ...

11.

Text - trailrider • 1y I'm home on leave when I was in the Navy in the early 90's. Was out in a McD's with my mom. This woman keeps staring at me while eating. Kinda creeps me out. We finish eating and go out to the car. Mom's unlocking the door, I'm standing in front the passenger's side waiting. Woman runs out and yells over to me: I CAN'T MARRY YOU! We look over and she says again that she can't marry me. Mom and I look at each other with a WTF?? look on our faces, turn back to her and mom go

12.

Text - [deleted] • 1y 1 Award In a job interview I was self talking on the way there saying "just say Hi Helen...hi Helen...hi Helen" Me-IM HELEN Helen-they said your name was gamingnglitter Me-it is Helen-.. ..... Ме-.... EDIT: I did get the job. Luckily my working interview and experience was enough to negate my weirdness. Also Helen and I became good friends and enjoyed our weirdness together. My stepdad still calls me Helen when I say something stupid though.

13.

Text - swiftbrook • 1y I had a weird encounter last night. Was buying groceries and the first item the cashier had to scan was a case of mini juice boxes. First she counted them one by one instead of multiplying them 4 rows by 11. Okay, I'm not in a rush and don't want to embarrass her. Then she takes out one little juice box and scans it and multiplies it by 44 units in the computer. It scanned as $7.50 so the total was $330. Then she keeps scanning other stuff. I'm like - whoah backup. That ca

14.

Text - And tries to move on. I try to stop her by saying - I think the entire case is $7.50. She tells me that she only scanned one juice box so they are indeed each 7.50 and she had to times that by 44 units for a total of $330. I want to just give up on the case of juice at that point but l'm not sure I can get her to stop and focus enough to void it from my total. I insist she think about it again and she decides she'll call a manager. We wait for a while. Manager finally comes and says - "It

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment