Sunday, October 11, 2020

Shady Manager Won't Train Employee On How To Comp Meals


Man oh man, for anyone that's ever worked in the industry and encountered a shady manager who insisted on being a disagreeable, genuinely unlikeable person, this story will resonate. Terry sounds like a waking nightmare of a human being. Fortunately, this employee was able to out him for all of his antics in the end. The fact that he didn't pay them for three months as well is inconceivable!

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/berthejew • 2y Won't train me to comp employee meals and then fire me over a short bank? Here's your Department of Labor inquisition! Going to keep this as short as possible, so comment for details you're unsure of. I started at a Roadhouse bar with the cities name as the first title word. Everyone knew this bar. Coming from ten years of bartending and serving experience, the hiring manager was as nice as can be, I get a spot and quickly prove my worth. I'm the opene

2.

Text - It's a Sunday, and 85% of the bar staff drink heavily. They were all tanked the night before, so l'm the only opener as usual. Two employees come in with families for lunch, so I do my best to earn a tip. Their bills are ready and both tell me to comp it- which is okay because we officially get one comped meal each a week, family included. Both bills come out to about $60-70.... They both tip me well. End of the night, and I can't find a manager to comp out my tickets. No big deal, says c

3.

Text - It was not a joke. He refused to pay me for almost three months. I hit my final straw when I had a walkout table for over a hundred bucks. Boss said it was coming out of my comp. I lost my shit. Called the police. cops come and basically tell me the whole situation is a civil matter and to call the Department of Labor. Okay, sounds good. Terry, asshole owner, dodges the DoL for about a month, not answering emails and is "out on business" each time they make a stop. I know what he's doing,

4.

Text - Who is Sarah? Just the woman who was already in the same place that I was, and had him over a barrel for the same shit. She had a big walkout, over two hundred, and he kept her paycheck, so she took him to court as well. He still refused to pay me that day, so I gleefully told him that l'd see him in court alongside Sarah. My check came in three working days, and it included both comps, the walkout, and full minimum wage for training days, which I didn't expect. Sarah went ahead and took

5.

Text - Two. "Comps" are meal compensations for working there. Every employee gets one free meal a week, no limits besides 8ppl on one bill and no special alcohol included. It was a pretty nice perk. Yes, we got meals on shifts, but this deal included family and such, without needing to work that day. No one showed me how to do this my first day running front of house and being the only server three months in, with only monetary manager codes. Sorry for the confusion. Edit: yes, I get it, comp ca

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment