Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Random Things People Were Paranoid About As Kids


The rampant imaginations we have as children can make for some wild, irrational fears. That grandma who rapped off a horror story about dragon flies being able to sew people's mouths shut was really on one. Zero chill with that. Just picturing that as an adult is enough to give someone the chills. 

1.

Text - HermesPart4• 18h 1 Award I used to believe that girls had tiny drones to spy on the boys they liked and I was so paranoid about it. This is the first time Il'm telling anyone

2.

Text - africanasshat • 18h S 1 Award When I was young I was never sure if other people were real and I was paranoid over other people's ability to read my thoughts. Took many years until I was satisfied that they couldn't hear what was going on inside my head. Reply 597 ...

3.

Text - abeast0333 • 18h My parents dying on the way back home. Idk why, just was my number one fear Reply 82 ...

4.

Text - TheChaosExecutioner • 17h That if I didn't a. Spit in the toilet before flushing or b. Run out of the bathroom right after flushing, that a monster would come out of the toilet and kill me. Can't make this shit up Reply 82 ...

5.

Text - FBI-MACHINE • 17h That goddamned vent thing at the bottom of the swimming pool. Reply 429

6.

Text - Kung-fu-kenny69 • 18h someone breaking into my house... I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment Reply 45 ...

7.

Text - idkwhatmenameshouldb • 18h Cars following our car. Genuinely used to memorise number plates then turn around 5 mins later and check if any of those number plates were still behind us. I'm talking like 3/4 cars back because "they may not want to make it obvious and be directly behind us" we're literally no one special so idk why anyone would even want to follow us Reply 1 194

8.

Text - 5119medmusic• 16h I loved my cats so much as a little kid that I honestly believed that if someone broke into our house that they would try to hurt our kitties on top of trying to steal things. I had no concept that a burglar really isn't interested in pets but rather are only focused on valuables. I just thought people who broke into places they shouldn't were generally evil and would do as many evil things as they could once inside, such as hurt my animals. I am SUPER sensitive to pet o

9.

Text - ta_2_usd • 18h My grandma told me dragonflies would sew my mouth shut so...yeah, dragonflies Reply 129 ...

10.

Text - Heroshade • 17h I was worried if I ate too much l'd get pregnant. Reply 66 ...

11.

Text - dustyspectacles • 16h 1 Award Rust on cars. I thought it meant they were dying and I felt really bad for them, like I shouldn't be looking. So I would hold tight to my mom or dad's hand and stare at the ground in parking lots, hoping I wouldn't see any rusty cars. Reply 129 ...

12.

Text - zemorah • 16h Uncovered feet in bed. Everyone knows that's how monsters get your toes. Reply 33 ...

13.

Text - Pillsbury_No_Boi • 17h Mascot costumes, I remember hiding under a table at the hometown buffet because they had giant bee mascot for some reason Reply 25 ...

14.

Text - NudlePockets • 16h I was worried for a very long time as a child about the end of the world. For whatever reason, disaster always seemed on the horizon growing up so I was always anxious about everyone and everything I knew disintegrating before me. Should've been my parents first clue that I had an anxiety disorder, but oh well. Reply 27 ...

15.

Text - -EDGAR- • 16h Balloons. Specifically, balloons popping. When I was young my dad popped one near my face as a joke, but it really traumatized me. I hated going to birthday parties as a kid because there were always games where you had to pop a balloon in some form. So, whenever I was around them I was always paranoid about them popping because it triggered this panic within me. Reply 15 ...

16.

Text - ohmy285here • 17h Someone standing outside my bedroom door at night. I swear it was the shadow man. Really! It still gives me creeps today. Reply 13 ...

17.

Text - mammakatt13• 17h Vampires. I read Stephen King's Salem's Lot when I was WAY too young, and I worried about vampires for years. Reply 8

18.

Text - Bodkie • 17h Touching crinkle cut chips that were folded over on themselves (wish chips) with my thumb. The gaps between steps. Getting near any sort of railing that looked down 1+ levels in a building or outside. My parents dying cos they didn't pass on chain mail. Sliding doors coming off their track and trapping me forever. More, no doubt. You might say I was a bit of a neurotic kid. Reply 8 ...

19.

White - actual_zoombini • 18h Mirrors. Reply 62

20.

Text - thematrixs • 17h My parents finding my journal. Or my stash of money I saved. Reply 25 ...

21.

Text - townie0114 • 16h I was about six when I choked on a piece of gum while running around and my life flashed before my eyes. It took quite a few years before I could even be in a room with a packet of gum, fearing l'd somehow choke on it without even chewing it. Reply ...

22.

Text - booksoverppl • 17h I used to think everyone was able to read my thoughts, so even if I disliked someone l'd force myself to think good things about them. Reply 8 ...

23.

Text - getrichortrydieing • 16h Elevator would fall at the top. Felt this way until I did security. Then a elevator became my dam sacred place to get the fuck away from everyone Reply 5 + ...

24.

Text - loufitz3 • 16h That my life was The Truman Show (before it was ever released) Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment