Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Kid Can't Understand Life Before Emails Were Around


It's quick little exchanges like this that spotlight just how much things have changed. Yes, in those olden days before emails were around people were still able to get stuff done. Might've taken a little extra exertion, but the world still kept spinning madly on. Anyone who has ever had a conversation with someone in a younger generation has likely had that, "dang I'm getting old" moment. 

1.

Text - 8:13 1 How did any of college work before email? Like what did you do? If a class were cancelled, or there was a mistake on the homework

2.

Text - Lol-you had to walk over to the room and there would be a note on the door. What if it was at 8 am? You'd still have to wake up early and walk all the way in? That is correct.

3.

Text - How would you find out about anything? I have to check my email to find out what ensembles I'm in, and what jobs l'll have to do for the math department every semester You had to write stuff down

4.

Text - And it was posted on bulletin boards. I don't even know what that is Today 12:06 PM You know-a cork board with push pins. Text Message

5.

Text - But how would you read that without walking all the way to the building? Sigh. You had to walk to the building. And I had to drive to the campus since l was a commuter. That's how I got my first job.

6.

Text - It was on an index card on a bulletin board outside of the math building. How would you reply if it was on a bulletin? What if they wanted to link something for more details? It just seems so crazy to me

7.

Text - You had to call a phone number. That was it. And ask questions once you get there. I got a job after receiving and responding to one (1) email, I can't imagine having to interact with someone for it

8.

Text - Oh my. We did live before email. And the internet. Idk how Books. Libraries. Phones. Text Message Pay

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment