Friday, October 30, 2020

Lousy Sales Assistant Lies About Leads, Gets Outed


Some people are just impossible to work with. Not only was this assistant just straight up lousy at their job, but they continually ratted out their teammate for not being exactly on time, when they worked at a place that didn't even care about that to begin with. Well, eventually this all came back to bite them in the butt, and they were exposed breaking a much more serious rule in the sales game. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/sting2018 • 1y + Join 2 3 strikes and your out? Cool I got this! I work in sales, and we work as a "team". I have an assistant who helps me get leads and set appointments. Well this one particular assistant and I did not get along at all. This particular assistant kept going to my boss behind my back to report every little incident, which is really fucking annoying. Part of my role as the senior rep was training, however this assistant "was a former business owner and knew

2.

Text - Well the appointments the assistant set up had an 80% no-show rate, which is INSANE. In the past no-shows would be around 25%-30%. Not only that, this assistant would constantly argue and bicker over everything, which was really frustrating to deal with. This assistant also created their own "lead card" and "tracking system" which completely sucked and crap fell through all the time. Furthermore about half of all contact details provided didn't actually work. But what really irked me the

3.

Text - One day I roll in 10 minutes late! My assistant had called my manager to complain that I was late. My boss asked me why l'm late. Keep in mind we didn't clock in or out, and I often would come in early or stay late. To come in late once in awhile was no big deal, but it was annoying knowing my assistant had a habit of constantly going behind my back and "ratting me out" on top of their shitty production. We are supposed to be a team. I asked to do a review of the assistant's leads. We got

4.

Text - So I pulled up all of the assistant's leads and began dialing. One thing that would justify an ethics complaint is opting in a lead for a call when they didn't want to be called... which I suspected I could find at least 3 instances of. I called all of the leads and I got 9 people who straight up said "We never intended to be opted in to be given sales calls," to which I replied, "Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. We actually have an ethic complaints page for such a situation. Would you

5.

Text - My boss called me 72 hours later "Sting, it's really strange we've gotten a slew of complaint about your assistant. Did you have any part in this?" "Well, you see, my assistant refused to conduct a lead review with me so I called all their leads for them. On a few occasions the lead claimed they didn't intend on providing their information for sales calls, so I simply sent them to the link to file a complaint." My boss said "Yea, well, now I'm forced to fire the assistant." I simply smile

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment