Monday, October 26, 2020

Company Demands to Speak to Deaf Woman on the Phone


If you thought dealing with a telecom company under normal circumstances was a hassle, you've gotta hand it to this phone representative who would only speak to the account holder no matter the reality of the situation. Sometimes company reps get too caught up in their own BS, like this company that tried selling printing supplies to a printing company.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance - Posted by u/hoginlly 1 day ago A6 24 4 3 8 8 5 S "Sorry, I have to speak with the account holder' oc M Another post on here reminded me of this story, that actually happened to my sister. We'll call her Amanda. A few years ago, there was a big sporting event my family all wanted to get together and watch. We decided to all get together in my sister's house to watch it. She needed to upgrade her TV package to include more sports channels, which she was able to do on

2.

Text - paying the higher rate for future months. Apparently, while you can upgrade your package and give the company more money online, removing the package was much more difficult, of course. They said the only way to cancel the package was over the phone. My sister is deaf. So needless to say, this was an issue. My sister had been emailing and complaining to no avail. At the time this happened, my brother was temporarily staying with my sister, and he called the company for her. The exchange a

3.

Text - Brother: 'Hi, I need to cancel the subscription to ExtraSports for Amanda Secondname. Woman: I will need to speak with Amanda. Brother: 'My sister is deaf, she can't speak with you over the phone. Woman: There's nothing I can do, I have to speak with the account holder if you want to cancel your subscription.' Brother: 'You need to speak with a deaf person on the phone. Woman: 'Yes.'

4.

Text - Brother: .. and you don't see anything wrong with your current system?' Woman: 'All changes have to be done by the account holder.' Brother: "Yes exactly, and the only reason this was set up was because she was able to make changes online. You're saying she can't reverse the changes.' Woman: 'All I can tell you is I have to speak with Amanda.' At this point my brother was telling my sister what was being said, and they came up with the perfect solution.

5.

Text - Brother: 'Ok, one second. . This is Amanda' My brother continued speaking, and it's worth noting he has quite a deep, husky voice. Woman: '..' Brother: 'I need to cancel my sports subscription' Woman: I think you're the person I was just speaking to' Brother: 'No, I'm Amanda. You said you needed to speak with me? Woman: I thought you were deaf' Brother: 'And yet you insisted on speaking with me on the phone. So here I am. Please cancel my subscription, I have all the information you need

6.

Text - Emefjay 1.6k points · 1 day ago a I had a similar situation a few years ago. My father in law used to live with us, in a separate part of the house. We had a second phone line installed for him so he could keep his independence. When he died I wanted to cancel this second line and account -- but the telecom company would only talk to the account holder. The fact that he was dead didn't change the rules. So I gave it 24 hours, then rang again, but announced myself as my FIL's name. They we

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment