Monday, September 28, 2020

Woman Gives New Neighbor Phone Number, Breakup Ensues


It sounds like this relationship was doomed from the start. All she did was leave her new neighbor her number on a note, in cursive, and that was apparently enough to qualify as the straw that broke the camel's back. Honestly, this might be the ideal outcome The fact that the potential ex wouldn't even consider talking to their neighbor is a definite red flag. 

1.

Text - r/tifu Join u/The-Lawyer-in-Pink • 4d TIFU by giving a new neighbor my number. M A few days ago, I met a girl who recently moved into my building on my way to do laundry. We were both in the elevator heading to the machines and got to talking about how people leave the laundry room an absolute disaster. She said something to the effect of "my husband and l can't stand how disgusting it gets." Eventually, she left.

2.

Text - Five minutes later, a guy wanders into the laundry room obviously expecting to run into someone. I said "Is [girl] your wife? She was just in here." He said "oh, [girl]? She's just my girlfriend." I thought this was super weird but I let it go. He ended up hanging out waiting for the girl and we got to talking about some traffic tickets he'd recently received. I told him I was a lawyer and l'd be happy to help him with the process of dealing with the tickets, but the girl came back and he

3.

Text - Apparently the girl went berserk on the guy, despite him being the one to show her the sticky note with my number, explaining to her I am a lawyer, and that I offered to help him with his traffic ticket issues. He even asked if she wanted to discuss it with me directly to prove his story, which she refused. She was convinced I was leaving my number for inappropriate reasons because I wrote my name in cursive, which is my default handwriting and somehow that means something. She threw some

4.

Text - Edit: I'm female. TL;DR I gave my number to my neighbor for the purpose of helping him with some traffic tickets, but because I wrote my name in cursive, his girlfriend who called herself his wife thought I was coming onto him. 1.0k , 90 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment