Monday, September 28, 2020

Things People are Ashamed to Be Fans Of


When a fandom gets too big, it can develop its own set of weird rules and become toxic. All of a sudden you have people who all like the same thing judging each other over certain parts of that thing they like. Sometimes the fandom itself is obnoxious to people who are minding their own business, making it even harder to associate yourself with that thing you like. For a more fun look into fandom, here's a tumblr thread on how Darth Vader is the queen of drama.

1.

Text - boredsittingonthebus 45.0k points · 1 day ago 26 6 2 & 15 More I'm interested in trains. I don't want to meet anyone else who is.

2.

Text - RealKenny 21.9k points · 1 day ago · edited 1 day ago I really love pro wrestling. Not just WWE, A 2 9 2 & 6 More but stuff from Japan and Mexico too. I'm a big nerd about it. Otherwise, I'm a normal professional dude. While I've started to get over it as I've gotten older, I would hate for my clients to know how much time I spend watching punchy ballet

3.

Text - noraaajane 21.4k points · 1 day ago . 3 O & 4 More edited 18 hours ago Doctor Who. I fuckin love it but good gracious is that a cringey fandom.

4.

Text - -Four-Foxx-Sake- 20.7k points · 1 day ago A 4 3 & 14 More Fanfic writing. It's hard enough when you bring up you write but it is a different level when it's fanfic.

5.

Text - druchii5 20.7k points · 1 day ago e I really enjoy trying different whiskeys (notably, bourbons), but I can't say I would enjoy the snobbishness, "sophisticated" attitudes, and overpricing that comes with it.

6.

Text - Kimotabraxas 19.7k points · 1 day ago 2 4 6 & 9 More Minecraft. I'm a grown ass man but sometimes I just want to relax, build a house out of blocks and go fishing.

7.

Text - Luffing 2.7k points · 1 day ago - edited 1 day ago I've never identified as a "gamer" because while I like playing video games, I really only like certain ones and a lot of mainstream hits just don't appeal to me at all. And I don't get into merch and collectibles and other stuff. I don't flaunt the fact that I like to play games so I really don't relate to most "gamers". Like for me going to a sub like r/gaming feels like a bizarre experience for some reason. I've just never felt like I

8.

Text - starpiece 19.6k points · 1 day ago 4 2 2 & 5 More Rick and morty. I don't wanna be classified with the people who rioted over Szechuan sauce

9.

Text - FizzyBeverage 3.9k points · 1 day ago Tesla's and electric cars in general. I love them, but spending tens of thousands on a car does not mean you directly helped the environment or cured cancer.

10.

Text - pepesylvia69 17.3k points · 1 day ago · edited 1 day ago 9 3 7@7 & 10 More LEGO. I avidly built LEGO sets up until I was about 15/16, then I got a girlfriend. I thought she would think I was lame being a sophomore in high school who still played with LEGO. I put my sets away and stopped building, but deep down I still really wanted to build. I've gotten back into it now and have gotten my fiancĂ©e into it as well, but I still feel some mild embarrassment going into the LEGO store or Target

11.

Text - ly_tida 17.0k points · 1 day ago 3 & 3 More Pop Punk/Emo - idk a lot of people seem to be annoyed by them

12.

Text - wineandcheeselady 15.0k points · 1 day ago Wine, but I hate the wine mommy culture. Yes, I have kids... but that has literally nothing to do with why I love wine so much.

13.

Text - MegaBear3000 14.9k points · 1 day ago - edited 1 day ago & A 8 Astonished nobody said Star Wars yet. You can put two Star Wars fans in the same room and they'll still be off at each other about which films are worst. I'm not innocent of it, but it can get so uncivilised.

14.

Text - Jibbies92 14.3k points · 1 day ago * 84 3 & 4 More Honestly I really love the universe of Harry Potter. But I really hate how some people think their house is a personality trait. "sorry I didn't call you back, I'm a Slytherin." "oh you read that book? Very Ravenclaw of you" "you're giving me such Hufflepuff vibes right now, so quirky O Please stfu.

15.

Text - bluebooth12 14.1k points · 1 day ago · edited 1 day ago O & A & 12 More DnD Some people are great to play with but my god there are alot of toxic socially awkward and often creepy guys in the community. People who just lack social skills and will often say lewd, inappropriate things to any girls who play in their games. Whenever I DM if a player makes a random sexualised remark for no reason (especially to a female player) they get one warning in private. If they do it a second time they'

16.

Text - aloe_veracity 14.0k points · 1 day ago 32 O & 3 More Star Trek. I am actually a huge Trekkie, but I never bring up anything related to Star Trek unless someone else does first.

17.

Text - WreckNRepeat 13.6k points · 1 day ago 1984. It's probably my favorite book, but I've never met another person whose favorite book is 1984 who wasn't completely insufferable.

18.

Text - themadbadlordbyron 10.5k points 1 day ago & e 2 9 Vinyl records. I can't tell if some collectors are serious, but the attitude towards people's first hauls is disgusting. Dark Side of the Moon is one of the most popular albums of all time. It is also a very beautiful album, much more than a random soul album. It is obviously going to be picked up for both these and it's cultural impact. You do not need to shit on people for having it, even if they think they're so cool for having it. It's

19.

Text - CylonsInAPolicebox 10.2k points · 1 day ago Supernatural. Those extreme fangirls are fucking nuts. I enjoy the show but I would never openly admit to it. I made that mistake a couple of times in the beginning... Never again. It is hard to be a Supernatural fan, it is even harder when you are female.

20.

Text - PlanesAreExtinct 9.9k points · 1 day ago i ride horses. i tell nobody in fear of being called a "horse girl"

21.

Text - boohookitty 9.6k points · 1 day ago · edited 1 day ago My Instant Pot. I like cooking in it because food is faster and after a busy day I just can't be fucked. On a work night in winter it's definitely used more than not. But not all foods taste better in it (actually most foods don't taste better but I will take a flavour hit for a time saving of 4 hours). Also not everything can be made in the IP. Try telling that to the IP fan base though. Or outting yourself as a "pothead".

22.

Text - meatybacon 8.4k points · 1 day ago 3 3 Metal music. There's so many different kinds of metal, a lot of people where I am instantly think I'm a satanist

23.

Text - SquilliamFancySon95 4.8k points · 1 day ago Twilight when it was at its most popular, but I'm not embarrassed about it anymore. I feel like the fanbase has grown up and matured with the books and we can laugh about the cringe parts of the series while still loving it.

24.

Text - coa308 4.8k points · 1 day ago - edited 1 day ago Mma/Kickboxing. I love watching the sport and I even train, but they're the most annoying group of douche bags possible. They claim to be humble but are really not. Edit 1: when I say they claim to be humble, I'm talking about the fans. The guys who train are pretty nice because they understand the reality of the sport. Edit 2: it could just be me.

25.

Text - PoweredByVeggies 4.3k points - 1 day ago Veganism. I try like the plague not to mention it because vegans and anti-vegans are literally the worst.

Submitted by:

Tagged: geek , nerds , cringe , movies , fandom , hobbies , TV , shame , fans , fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment