Saturday, September 19, 2020

Ways People Trolled Their Bosses Without Breaking Rules


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the various ways that people managed to troll their bosses without actually breaking the rules. You've got to hand it to anyone that puts in the time and effort to troll someone, and manages to pull that trolling off while still playing things by the book. 

1.

Text - InsanelnTheManBrain • 8y This story is about my buddy's father, a former university prof. At one time, the university instituted a dress code forcing professors to wear ties. In protest, he bought the most lewd, ridiculous and outrageous ties he could find. Fish ties, dick ties, piano keyboard ties. He became something of a hero to his students who regularly bought him the most offending or off- colour ties they came across. The university ended up rescinding the dress code. He passed awa

2.

Text - TitzMcG33 • 8y My brother in law worked for UPS for 17 years. He was a bit of a joker and was constantly getting in trouble for coming to work with crazy hair colors, or cornrows (he was a big Italian guy and was told it wasn't appropriate). It was always something. But they couldn't say anything about him wearing sunglasses. So his little rebellion was he would wear the most outrageous sunglasses he could think of. Ones shaped like giant red lips, guitars with the stems sticking up, purp

3.

Text - SergeantKoopa • 8y A couple of friends of mine work at Wal-Mart. They found out that kilts are well within the dress code as long as they are the correct color. Drove their managers nuts. It's been a year and absolutely no problems though. :) 1.4k ...

4.

Text - [deleted] • 8y while I was in the Navy it was recommended that I get a extensive surgery on my ankle. My command felt that I "didn't deserve a bunch of time off for a surgery" so they said they would approve it but none of the convalescent leave. They refused to sign ANY paperwork. First thing I did was hit them with the regulation stating that they were required to respond to all requests within a certain amount of time (3 days I think). They responded with a "no". So then I had Navy leg

5.

Text - heymrk • 8y I used to work for this small town, twice weekly newspaper. The editor/publisher, mayor, county commissioner and a few other people were skimming tax dollars. When I confronted my boss about it, he told me he'd blackball me if I said anything. So I went to the local television station, tipped them off and they uncovered the story. When they won their awards, my name was added to the list of reporters. I still can't get a job as a journalist, but damn if it didn't feel good. 1.

6.

Text - risto1116 • 8y Used to work at a TV station. Absolutely awful management and horrible bosses. Complained about it to friends all the time. Some would even ask me on facebook about my job and I would reply- but I knew I could get fired for speaking ill of the company. So I read the HR Handbook and found out as long as I don't specifically name the company, I can't be fired for it. So, about a month later, I realize I can't take this shit anymore and post on facebook how terrible my job is,

7.

Text - sith6six • 8y Worked in one corporate kitchen where our GM didn't like our music so he would put on children's music, so we all started singing a long at the top of our lungs...We won that war of attrition. Years later in another kitchen we had surround sound in a closed kitchen where the uppity GM did not like our music and started passing draconian censorship rules about the music...so we switched it to children's music for a week. moral of the story never underestimate the power of a k

8.

Text - GrandOak • 8y back when I was working and attending classes I would go stright from campus to work, getting me there anywhere from 10-20 minutes early before my shift. On occassion my boss would ask me to help him out with something before I clock on, putting something away or answering the phone. Over the span of a couple months, this evolved from 'occassionally' to "every day your shift starts when you get here". After doing this for a couple weeks (still clocking in at my usual 3pm) I

9.

Text - Illyich • 8y Not my story, but a co-worker: Worked at a waterpark. Supervisor was a bitch who wouldn't let the lead guards at the top of the tallest slide in the park go to the bathroom. Guard at the top is radio-ing that he needs to take a shit, but she won't let him. Mind you, the lead guards are allowed to ride down every once in a while to make sure no tubes are stuck. Lead guard is about to shit his pants in front of a ton of guests, so he goes into the utility closet and shits in a

10.

Text - chappe • 8y My father was working in a post office in the early 80's. It was an unusually hot day with ~85°F inside. There were no fans available so it was crazy. Men weren't allowed to wear shorts, but dad came to work wearing shorts which covered his knees and a part of his shin, figuring he was fine. He wasn't, and his boss sent him home to change. He returned in his grandfather's bonjour from the late 19th century. Top hat and all. The boss kept asking if it wasn't a little hot in tha

11.

Text - [deleted] • 8y When Circuit City was still in business I worked in the warehouse. For whatever reason, they had a strict dress policy of khaki pants, this awful collar shirt that also had to be tucked in. This went for everyone, even warehouse. Like Kazin420, I discovered through an old warehouse employee guide (Shoved in a draw years ago and forgotten about) That as long as Warehouse employees had khaki colored shorts, with no cargo pockets, and a t shirt with a Circuit City logo there w

12.

Text - MyOwnPath • 8y At my old school, they had rules about hair length (guys), and our teacher got anal about it. The only actual rules were that they couldn't pass our eyebrows or collar-area. Being the witty douchebag I am, I used a shit ton of gel to slick up my hair and do obnoxious things with it. It was all raised, so it never crossed my eyebrows or collar. I got away with it for 2 months, until the principal changed the rules! All just for me :D 580 ...

13.

Text - deliverusfromEVI • 8y I work in foodservice. My job created a rule one day that one's hair can not touch one's collar. I have rather long hair, but I always kept it in a braid and we wear hats, anyways. I was informed of this rule about two hours before the end of my shift, and told that I HAD to comply IMMEDIATELY because I was breaking health code. I politely informed them that no, I was not. This was a store policy -- but I would be happy to come in with my hair up the next day. I didn

14.

Text - ololcopter • 8y Boss told me "you have to cover X this upcoming weekend, both days, since everybody else said no." I said "How do you know l'll say yes?" He said "you have to, there's nobody left." I said, "You're wrong, I'm left. But I quit. Now there's nobody left." He was speechless, his expression was priceless, I stood there about 10 seconds and said, "I'm walking away now" and left. Thank God this happened the day after I had (secretly) secured a better job. Probably one of my fonde

15.

Text - jepense • 8y I work at Panera, and we were recently told we had to get non-slip/slip-resistant shoes, else risk being fired. Rather than buying the ugly black kind all of my coworkers got, I got a bright purple pair of Doc Martens. All of the managers gave me a "d_d are those slip-resistant?" You bet, motherfuckers. 347 ...

16.

Text - jural • 8y Similar to OP, but with a military swag to it. In the Navy you must always have a white t-shirt under your uniform. I had a Senior Chief who constantly checked if your t-shirt was not visible and required that it bee seen. I checked the uniform regs and found that while in a working uniform you can wear a V-neck tee. Started wearing them and he took notice as soon as he saw me. I told him that the regs allowed it. He scowled and his only comment was, "One for the blue shirts" a

17.

Text - 1stOnRt1 • 8y When I was in grade 4, pizza was sold at lunch for $1.50 a slice I saw a business opportunity and went to the Little Caesars a stones throw away from the school and bought 10 Hot'N'Ready 5$ pizzas and sold the slices for $1.00 (1.25 on friday). When the school told me I couldnt sell pizza on school property, I moved my office to my aunts house which was next door, so every day at lunch the kids would walk to the neighbours front yard, buy pizza and come back to school :) I w

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment