Sunday, September 6, 2020

Supervisor Talks Down To Dishwasher, Ends Up Suffering


Ah, typical Chad. Chad had the audacity to belittle another employee just doing their dang job, and ended up paying the price for it. Love to see it. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/TheOnlySez • 17h + JOIN 5 3 5 Supervisor belittles me, I make him suffer Strap in! This is a long one! Note: All names have been changed for privacy reasons. For those of you who don't know about my old job from my "I don't work here" story, I got a job back

2.

Text - when was about 19 or 20 years old at my town's public hospital in their food service department. I stayed with the place for three years, but it has gone down as one of the worst jobs I ever had for many reasons. Bitchy nursing staff, insane hours, overworking me and coworkers, and just overall a very toxic work environment. I went in as a socially awkward girl with no spine for conflict or standing up for myself, and came out a much stronger person because of this place, but there is a p

3.

Text - Let me set it up for you. My official title was a Food Service Aide, or Aide for short. My job I was hired for was to collect dirty trays and dishes from carts on their respective floors, wash all of the dishes that came into my dish room, and put them into the dish machine to be sanitized, before I let the dishes dry and store them where they needed to go. Then, at the end of the night, I would break down the machine and clean the filters of leftover food, and drain the water tanks of di

4.

Text - acquainted with the dish machines we had, (first one was 20+ years old and finally died on us. R.I.P. Big Bertha) and I could troubleshoot a problem with it since I like machines enough to learn as much as I can about them. My boss took notice of this, and how hard I worked in the dish room every day. So he began to have me learn about the other parts of the department so I could fill in whenever someone called in: Cooking on the grill and serving food in the cafeteria, cashiering, helpin

5.

Text - person, it was. Due to staff cutbacks, we were short a lot of manpower, so a couple of us had to learn as much as possible to keep us afloat. Now, onto the story. I had already been working in this small hospital for just over a year at the time, and I was determined to stay at least a few years to help make my work history look pretty good in the stance of longevity. That, and pure stubbornness I guess. In that time, my boss hired a new

6.

Text - Supervisor for our department, who will now be called Chad. At first, Chad seemed like a pretty nice guy. And me, being the awkward dork I am, tried to help him fit in with the others at work. I told jokes to him, got him to open up a bit to the others, and soon he was able to have a conversation rather easily. All was good! Then he passed his 3 mark probation period, and was no longer being constantly watched by Boss.

7.

Text - Chad turned into an insufferable asshole. He began to bark orders as if he owned the kitchen, demanding to know why certain things weren't being done HIS way, and overall was slowing down production tremendously for everyone. Not to mention, he himself was a lazy cunt. When there would normally be 2 people washing dishes,

8.

Text - if one of them called in, it would mean whoever was there had to pick up the slack and do it all by themselves. Chad wouldn't lift a finger to help, unless he knew Boss was going to be in the kitchen and not in his office by HR. And even then, Chad didn't know what he was doing. And to top it all off, he made it a point to take jabs at ME in front of the others, trying to make me look stupid because I was the youngest member of the department.

9.

Text - It felt like I had gone back to High school, being the quiet nerdy girl who was picked on for liking things out of the norm, and being laughed at for being "weird." I like to draw, love anime, and play video games. So when the topic of, "What are you gonna do on your days off?" came up, I usually said something like, "I'm gonna relax at home and play (insert game) after doing some chores." Then Chad would make a remark like, "Wow, you play video games? You must not have a life." Asshole.

10.

Text - It got to the point where I was so fed up with Chad's bullshit, that I began to grow a bit of backbone. I was fed up with constantly having anxiety working with him, and hiding in the bathroom sobbing during my shift when he was making my life a living hell. I began to make

11.

Text - cracks back at him, and get into yelling matches with him in the kitchen (no sound escaped the doors once they were closed, so no one outside the department heard us.) He couldn't fire me, only tell my boss and sign a write up, which he never did because he saw it as a way of losing to me in our arguments. Any time he made jokes at me, I threw them right back, and when I knew he was doing something wrong, I would fight back and tell him how it was supposed to be done. This went on for a f

12.

Text - As a dish washer, you're supposed to take temperatures in the dish machine to ensure it's working properly. It's supposed to reach a certain temperature when washing dishes to ensure everything is being sanitized properly. If not, there could be an outbreak in the hospital from germs or mold. All the temperatures and times were recorded on a sheet and placed in a folder in the Dietitians office by the dish room. I was making my usual rounds of taking temps, when I noticed the machine was

13.

Text - drained in a while, or if something was seriously wrong with the machine. As I was draining the water, Chad comes in and sees me doing this. He was FURIOUS and begins to rant. Chad: What are you doing?! We still have piles of dishes to wash! Me: Temps were low, gotta drain the water and see if that fixes it. I think- Chad: How the HELL is that going to fix it?! You're just wasting time! Me, visibly annoyed: If you'd let me finish, l'm seeing if morning shift drained the water or not. If n

14.

Text - I get up and look him in the eye, knowing he was lying since he always asked me to take care of the machine at closing. Me: Prove it. Show me how. He was about to yell again, when my Co-worker Dean in the diet office peers into the dish room. Chad's face turns red, and he gives me a death glare before storming off. I continue to work on

15.

Text - the machine, and once the tanks refilled, I initialed all of my temps and times on the sheet before returning it back in the office. The day goes by, and after a hellish time on the floors serving patients, I was in the middle of my cleaning duties with the Cook and Dean. I get called by Chad, saying that Boss wanted to talk to us. So, after making sure the dish machine was cleaned, I walked with him to Boss' office. There, Boss begins to tell me that Chad had given him evidence that I wa

16.

Text - supposed to for the Dish Machine. He said that thankfully, Chad took the temps, but if I wanted to keep from getting into trouble and to keep the department from getting into LEGAL trouble, I needed to step up and be a "team player." He said that I was getting a verbal warning, but if I did this again, I would receive a write up or possible suspension. My jaw hits the floor, and even though Chad is smiling smugly in the corner, I chose not to argue with my Boss and head back to the depart

17.

Text - took them... but the bastard actually photocopied the page, whited out my initials, and replaced them with his initials! He then traced over the pre-existing handwriting to make it look legit, with his initials!! He made it look like I had not taken temps all day during my shift. I wracked my brain wondering how the hell he could have gotten away with it with no one noticing him, and then it hit me. He must have done it in the diet office when no one was around, due to Dinner trays being

18.

Text - It came about a month later. Now since we are a hospital in a small town, it was normal for us to get Catering orders for the members of HR andUpper Management for when they had meetings upstairs. Those orders were easy, because usually they wanted chips, pre- made sandwiches, and soda for about 10-15 people. However, we occasionally got HUGE Catering orders for district meetings, and that was when we would bust out the Catering dishes. Large white immaculate plates, silverware, glass cup

19.

Text - tea, and cloth napkins were usually used for these events, and even though it was A LOT more dishes for the understaffed Aide's, it was pretty simple. This particular order was for the CEO, his workers, HR, Doctors, Head Nurses, and the Higher ups who owned the Hospital's contract. The estimated amount to be served was about 150 people, since many members of the board were going to show up as well. Usually we got the huge orders a week in advance, so the Supervisor can arrange the schedul

20.

Text - This was my chance for revenge. As always, Chad didn't lift a finger to help me in the Dish Room, and the entire room was completely full of dirty dish carts from the floors. The hospital had about 95 patients that were eating, and Morning shift had been running behind, so I had both breakfast AND lunch dishes to clean. It wouldn't have been so bad, if we didn't have to take apart the trays one by one to make sure no needles or blood were on the trays, and clean each piece. I was stressed

21.

Text - Order would be due any time now. But, I kept myself calm and tried to keep doing my job. A few hours go by, and Chad calls out to me to shut off the dish machine (it was very loud), and tells me to go and pick up the Catering order. Instead of arguing with him, I decided to do it, and asked if he was going to help me. He gives me a shit eating grin, and tells me, "I have better things to do. You can do it alone." Perfect.

22.

Text - So despite me being exhausted, sweaty, and have a wet uniform from my dishwasher apron with holes in it, I made my way to the Management floor. I scope out the damage, and I realize i'm going to have to make two or more trips across the hospital to clean this up. I begin to pick up the dishes in the meeting room, take off the table cloths, and stack them on one of the two long carts. While i'm about to clean up the food serving table, I look over to see the door that led into the HR offic

23.

Text - and having sprained my ankles so much growing up, because it was easy to do this. While I was cleaning up, I deliberately tripped on a chair that was left slightly out and went crashing onto the floor. I sprained my ankle doing this, which was what I was planning, and the glassware I was carrying fell and crashed to the floor. The two women in HR heard this and rushed over to see me laying on the floor with shattered glass all around me and a few minor cuts on my arms, and they rush over

24.

Text - Jill: Are you okay!? Me: I'm alright... / say on the brink of tears. Jane: Are you sure? Here, lets get you into a chair. Me: Th-Thank you... i'm sorry.. i'm so sorry, please don't tell my Boss... They help me up into a chair, and when they check me over to see i'm in tears, they began to ask me questions. Jill: Where is your help? Me: It's just me right now... i'm supposed to pick this up and take it back to wash them. Jane: Seriously? All by yourself? Why didn't you get someone to help

25.

Text - as best as I can, but I keep falling more and more behind! At this point, I begin to cry uncontrollably. All of the stress and emotions I had bottled up from the past few months from working with Chad and the department, had finally built up so much, that I let loose my repressed emotions on these two ladies. I told them about the under-staffing, the insane amount of overtime I and my co-workers were getting, how I was the only one doing dishes that day, how my Supervisor refused to help

26.

Text - Once I calmed down, they told me they wanted to see just how bad things had gotten in the Dish Room. If it was as bad as I said it was, they would make a case with my Boss. So with their help, they helped me get back to the dish room with the carts of dirty dishes, and I held onto the cart while limping down the hall. Once we got to the staff door for my department's dish room, I told them to wait outside while pushed the carts in. Confused, they comply and hug the wall, waiting

27.

Text - to see what happened next. I slipped into the Dish room with the carts like nothing happened, and Chad comes in and glares at me. At this point, the room was completely full of dishes, carts, and now two catering carts that took up a large amount of space. You could barely walk through the damn place. We then begin our normal yelling match, all while the door was left slightly open behind me. Chad: About time you came back!! What took you so long?!

28.

Text - Me: I was picking up a order by myself, what did you expect Chad?! Chad: I was expecting you to do your job! Clearly you cant, look at all of these trays!! Me: I just picked up and began to work on Lunch when you told me to get the catering! Did you do any of these while I was gone!!? *Gesturing to the room* Chad: No, I had my OWN work to do! You're just too slow! Me: How the hell am I supposed to wash dishes when i'm picking up the catering order?! Chad: Not my problem, do your job or yo

29.

Text - and disgust from what they just listened to, and they reassure me that this was going to stop. Now. We walk together back to the Management floor, and as I limp into Boss' office behind them, the two ladies began to go off on him about Chad and what he had been doing. Confused, Boss had no idea what they were talking about, and looked to me for an explanation. However, Jill and Jane told him to follow us, and we walked back to the department. At this point, my ankle was throbbing with int

30.

Text - When we got to the Dish room and opened the door, my Boss was appalled at the amount of work that was left for me. And when he heard that there was no second or even third back up dish washer scheduled, he almost lost it. He called for Chad, and the four of us waited in the Dietitian's office. While we waited, I told them I didn't want him to lose his job over this, but I wanted him to know how I felt being left with so much work. I really felt this way, but a huge part of me just wanted

31.

Text - of fake concern and confusion. Though, his act fails, as Boss began to demand why he didn't schedule someone to help me. He told Boss he had been helping me as much as he could today, but Jane and Jill stop him and repeat what he told me before. Boss is disgusted, and he looks to Chad after discussing the situation more. Boss: This is whats going to happen. OP hurt herself cleaning up the Catering, so she's going home for the day and will be off for two days. Chad: She cant go home, we're

32.

Text - going to suffer because YOU screwed up. Chad: B-But... Boss: Also, I don't care how much overtime this accrues, you are staying after. Chad: ... What for? Boss: Tonight, you're gonna be the dish washer. All by yourself; you're going to wash every single one of those dishes AND the catering order. And since its almost time for Dinner to be served to patients, I guess you will be doing those too. If you leave ANYTHING for morning crew to clean up, and if the department isn't cleaned like it

33.

Text - as I limped out the door. When I got back to my car, I was smiling so much, that my cheeks were hurting all the way back to my house. Epilogue After I got back from my two day break, noticed that there were empty slots open on the schedule that said, 'New Hire' but no hours. It seemed that after the talk, HR decided to grant us new hiree slots to help with our under staffing, but the slots were still empty. I also found out something that was just icing on my beautiful revenge cake. I fou

34.

Text - about Midnight cleaning the entire load of dishes that he let pile up on me, and the next day, he even helped the one person he scheduled for morning dishes to clean up Breakfast, since he scheduled himself to work the morning shift. But the cherry on top, was that when there were large catering orders, Chad had to set up and then clean up the orders from then on, since he was convinced it could all be done by one person. So when he was cleaning a large catering order by himself in the di

35.

Text - much of the catering order left to clean up. I smile and said simply, "Not my problem, do your job." Boom. Edit: Oh my god, thank you so much everyone! I never thought people would enjoy my stories from my old work days. If you would like to hear more tales from when I worked crappy jobs growing up, please let me know! :) Oh! And to those who DM'd me asking if you can read this on YouTube, feel free! I would love a link to see the video and hear your reading of it. <3

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment