Thursday, September 24, 2020

Old Man Gets Carded, Has Boss Response


Some people like being carded because it makes them feel young. Other people hate it because it's a hassle. This person decided to ID a guy who likely didn't need to be ID'd, and the response was one you wouldn't expect. For a distinctly different ID checking story, here's a Karen who wanted her ID checked, but it turned out to be expired.

1.

Text - O r/TalesFromRetail - Posted by u/Definitely_a_Lizard 5 days ago Some can't take a joke, some own it. Short This is a story from a few years ago, but I just found this subreddit and it reminded me. I was a cashier at a local supermarket, and we have a law that if alcohol is being bought and the cashier estimates someone to be under 25, they have to ask for ID. While it offends some people, it is a pretty good way to get to check an ID and see if someone is over 18, the legal age to buy al

2.

Text - I decided to have sone fun with it, and whenever I estimated someone to be over 70, I would also ask them for an ID. Usually this got a laugh, sometimes got people offended (once a lady even called for a manager, who had to come to clarify to her that it was a joke. You know the type). it However, one man ruled the joke. He was just buying a few beers, and I asked him for his ID because he looked way into his 90s. He laughed, grabbed his wallet, and handed me a card in a plastic casing.

3.

Text - Still with a huge smile on his face, he asked me, "Do you know what that is?" It looked sort of like an ID, but I had never seen anything like that one. What I could tell was that it was old and something from the military. He said, "What you are holding now is my military ID from the second world war. Is that a valid ID here? Because I no longer have my drivers licence." It was at that point that I was at a loss for words. This man took my joke, handed it back and won. EDIT: wow! My very

4.

Text - wolfie379 403 points · 5 days ago Ever pull that on someone, and do a double-take that their ID looked like they were seriously underage - until you saw the birth century?

5.

Text - JSaltsea dog groomer 34 points · 5 days ago This poor girl was all set to sign adoption paper for a shelter cat when it came down that she was 16, not mid-30s. That makeup and hair was a bad choice... we were super embarassed to admit she looked ALOT older than she was, i wouldnt have carded her for booze in a million years.

6.

Text - techieguyjames 20 points · 5 days ago Did the ID even have an expiration date? Definitely_a_Lizard 2 23 points - 5 days ago None that I remember seeing, so valid it is!

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment