Sunday, August 23, 2020

Twitter Thread: Dad Has Zero Video Game Logic


This wonderful story about a dad's experience being presented various video games by his kid has us thinking that dad could've been trolling all along. Some of the reactions carry a strong scent of the typical dad joke. Either way, a big thanks to @MarcStraight for sharing such a funny series of reactions with their dad. 

1.

Text - Marc, for now. Follow @MarcStraight My dad is starting to get into different kinds of video games. He tried out No Man's Sky today and said "So it's like doing yard work but in space" and I honestly have no rebuttal he's absolutely right.

2.

Text - Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · Aug 19 Tried to get him to try the new God of War. He said "That game takes too long to play. I just bought a grill I don't got that kinda time on my hands." My sides hurt omg. t7 101 6 1.9K Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · Aug 19 Me "Want to try Overcooked?" Dad "What's that" Me "You're a chef trying to fill orders in-" Dad "Why would you play a game about making food? That's called a job. Is this why your friends don't have jobs? If I want to make food, l'd

3.

Text - Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · Aug 19 Me: "sigh* l'm running out if ideas. Want to try Dark Souls 3? Dad: What's that? Me: Everything sucks, you're dead but still alive an- Dad: So l'm middle aged go in Me: .You're trying to fix the world because everything sucks Dad: middle aged in 2018 got it Me: oh my god why. t7 287 2.3К >

4.

Text - Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · Aug 19 Dad: You play games on the computer too right? Me: Yeah Dad: Okay show me some games on there. Me: You will hate all of them. Dad: You don't know that. Moments later Dad: What is Huniepop? ohno.

5.

Text - Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · Aug 19 Me: HuniePop is. uhhh. It's about this guy that meets a fairy. thing that helps him get laid by playing bejewled. Dad: Do people that actually have sex play this game? Me: I mean. prob- Dad: Can you see how long you've played it? Me: PICK A DIFFERENT GAME. t7 106 O 1.4K

6.

Text - Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · Aug 19 Dad: Why do you have a game about having a boyfriend. Me: It's not about having a boyfriend it's about pigeons dating and Dad: Nevermind, l'd rather it be about having a boyfriend. Next. 4 t7 154 1.6K >

7.

Text - Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · Aug 19 Dad: What's Amnesia? Me: It's about being stuck in a mansion with monsters and you're slowly losing your mind. Dad: Oh. Long pause. Dad: Dad: What's Amnesia? Me: I just tol- WOW REALLY? t7 232 2.3К

8.

Text - Marc, for now. @MarcStraight · 12m By request, my dad tried Fortnite Dad: I played it a bit while l'm at work Me: What do you think? Dad: It's like if the guy that made The Purge was also the one that made Family Guy Me: That's HARSH wtf Dad: I GOT KILLED BY A LITTLE GIRL AND I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment