Sunday, August 23, 2020

Manager Bullies Employee Till They Quit, Employee Reports Manager


We love a good tale of a nasty manager getting theirs in the end. This particular manager sounds like a grade A bully. The manager exercised zero empathy for an employee going through a heartbreaking loss. On top of displaying zero human empathy, the manager proceeded to make the devastated employee's life miserable by blatantly targeting them for a whole bunch of nothing. Fortunately, the employee was able to get HR involved, and ultimately put together enough evidence that ultimately contributed toward the manager's ultimate downfall. 

Check out another glorious tale of revenge with these naive young business owners that foolishly fired the man with the patents.

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/Nubmuffin • 1h + Join 1 Manager bullies me for several months until I finally quit. I made sure to get him fired. Obligatory "english is not my native language, apologies for my mistakes and grammar!" This happened around 2016. I'd (at the time 25/26M) been without a job for a while, looking for a better paying job than I had before and I found one at a camera security company that was looking to hire someone for the servicedesk.

2.

Text - I went for an interview and got a call back later that day. If I wanted the job it was mine. Now, my new manager was an ex military. Specifically ex-army (not american, just pointing that out). He REALLY didn't like having people disagree with or going against him. A thing I was very unaware of when I took the job. For 2/3 months everything was going well. The manager was cordial and seemed to really enjoy having me there. I worked my butt off every day, as the software we were working wi

3.

Text - However, after that period my grandpa, who was like a second father to me, suddenly was hospitalized after a brain bleed. (aneurysm?) He was found in the shower, he had collapsed after he pressed his panic button. (assisted living? Not sure how it's called in English, apologies). This all happened on a wednesday. The family came together in the hospital several times to show support and see grandpa. However, on Friday afternoon, 3pm I was called up by my father (my grandpa's son) while I

4.

Text - I went to my manager and explained what just happened and that I'm going home to be with my family. However, that day there was an event. The company was doing a charity event and this charity was going to be public news. They already announced the amount of people participating and it would look bad if they were a person down. It was basically just for good PR. So he refused to let me go. I told him that by law he me as my contract states I can take a day for a death in the family and th

5.

Text - This all continued for several months and severly began to impact my mental health. I had a talk with my parents and my fiancé (at the time still my girlfriend, l'd ask her to marry me in December 2016) and they basically told me that this was not okay, that I didn't have to take this and that I should give them my 2 weeks notice. I agreed. The following day I went to HR and explained why I was leaving the company and that I couldn't stand the idea of working even a single day more with t

6.

Text - HR showed interest in my well being and even more importantly in what I was claiming about my manager. They had received more complaints about him, but nobody had proof of his wrongdoings. So, they asked me if I had proof. I told them l'd be looking for a new job, but l'd gladly fit in the time to collect all I could. For the next 2 weeks I collected everything. Memo's, emails, voice recordings (when on the phone the calls are automatically recorded and the dumbass was stupid enough to cu

7.

Text - I had one last talk with HR and him at the same time the last day I was there. Before he even walked in, I told the HR person who was mediating: "He's going to walk in, say what he wants to say and l'll be quiet and listen. When he's done, l'll explain my side and he's going to interupt me, tell you l'm lying and talk about completely none related subject matter to drag the conversation another direction.". She looked surprised at my comment, but had no time to respond as mister army man,

8.

Text - Eventually I got up, told HR "I told you so. Here's the documents you've been asking for.". I placed a filled folder with several dozens of emails, plenty of memo's and a USB containing 3 phone conversations and even video footage of him yelling at me, in both voice and video recordings you could easily hear him cuss me out. I gave the manager a big bright smile, who was smirking victiorously and said to him: "I don't think you'll be smirking like that for long. Enjoy your little victory.

9.

Text - I called one of my old colleagues to ask what exactly went down. My proof opened pandora's box. He was being disrespectful to the female staff, insulted the older staff and on multiple occassions was less than cordial with our external hires. None of these complaints were acted upon, because it was his word against theirs and there was no proof. However, me providing overwhelming proof of his gross behavior towards me made all other complaints now to be taken as fact.

10.

Text - He was promptly fired less than a month after left and they refused to provide him with any form of reference. In a field like his references mean a lot. So not getting one from a company you worked at for nearly a year is a huge red-flag. It's now 2020, 4 years passed and according to linkedin he's still not working in his field. l'l gladly admit that I felt rather wickedly satisified and still do whenever I happen to think about it. TL:DR Manager began to bully me because I went to my f

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment