Thursday, August 13, 2020

Silliest Reasons Kids Told On Classmates


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the dumbest reasons that kids went and told on their classmates. There's just something about staring at your classmates that seems to always manifest in being told on. Those teachers truly need the patience of saints. 

1.

Text - raketheleavespls • 1d Teacher, Taylor's face is making me sick and he won't look away from me. Stop looking at him and take your damn nap. Reply 1 3.4k ...

2.

Text - pretzel90210 • 1d "He said a bad word!" "I'm standing right next to him and I didn't hear anything." "Well, I can read his mind." Reply 3.3k ...

3.

Text - OleBackseat • 1d Little girls runs up to me at recess and says another girl called her the C word. I was thinking, "Oh no, not the C word." I explained that she was just going to have to tell me exactly what the other girl called her. She said she called her "coochie". Not at all what I was thinking. Reply 2.1k ...

4.

Text - valaranias • 1d "He took a pen from the drawer and not a pencil!" This was after I told my 17 year old students to grab a pencil and paper because we were going to do notes that day. I have no rules about pens not being used, I just didn't say the more generic 'writing utensil'. And the student who tattled wasn't on the spectrum and wasn't normally super literal. Reply 1.1k ...

5.

Text - kyrahfoxx • 1d For breathing too loudly. Grade 4. I wanted to just walk away for good. Reply 292 ...

6.

Text - StatisticianDry5216 • 1d In second grade my friend told the class tattle tale that he was a snitch. And the kid stood right up out of his desk and yelled to the teacher "HE CALLED ME A SNITCH, I AM NOT A SNITCH." And my friend said "you're doing it right now, stupid." And it was all during a silent reading time and it was super quiet up until that point Reply 3.8k ...

7.

Text - burningupasun_304 • 1d 4th grade. "She's looking at me!! Every time I look over she's looking at me!" Reply 1.9k ...

8.

Text - Jessi-Kina • 1d I'm not a teacher but I did work in a school environment in the past and l'll never forget the time a kid came up to me furiously upset that his friend stole his toy.... Seems relatively fair right?... Until about 5 to 10 minutes later, when I finally calmed him down enough to discover that this supposed "toy" was an imaginary made up one... REALLY?! Like you just can't imagine up a second one, or a few hundred spares? Turns out imaginary toy politics are quite strict.. Re

9.

Text - lame_hurricane • 1d I had a student (2nd grade) that would stick her tongue out just a little when she was concentrating. One day during silent reading another kid came to tell me she was being rude to him. I explained she wasn't and it was just something she did when she was thinking really hard. His response was, "Well I don't like it," to which I replied, "Well then don't look at her." He was all kinds of upset but stopped complaining. Reply 1.4k ...

10.

Text - Chippothy • 1d When I was a substitute teacher a kid told on me to the principal. I had made the okay sign with my hand at about chest level. This is the same sign that if placed below the waist and someone sees they get to punch you. This kid told the principal she thought I was going to punch her... Reply 2.0k ...

11.

Text - Theatre_Kitty22 • 1d Not a teacher, but way back in kindergarten I had a girl who sat next to me who hated my fucking guts. And she was a tattletale too. Everyday in class, it would always be something like "Theatrekitty is looking at me! Theatrekitty is putting her notebook on my side of the desk!" It didn't help that I was a huge crybaby and would burst into tears when she told on me. She really fucked me up. Reply 221 ...

12.

Text - love_love_kiss_kiss • 1d Not a teacher but when I was a kid I was in an arguement with my best friend. He went home crying to his parents because I had called him a 'mighty maggot' His parents asked why I would call him that. 'Because I called him that first' he responded. Cue his dad calling me 'mighty maggot' for the rest of our friendship!

13.

Text - D1SCOFUDGE • 1d Teaching 4th Grade I had to deal with an inconsolably crying child attempting to explain some traumatic event he was dealing with. Turns out Brian had said that Roblox was bad. Another time teaching year 2, I had to move a child away from a group of girls as they were calling him gay. After moving him and having serious words with the group I noticed him sitting back on the mean girls' table. Reason? He needed his peach crayon. Reply 821 ...

14.

Text - Ellie_SeJo • 1d Once a kid told the teacher I had say the word "Gross" because someone sneezed on me. I was actually grounded by that teacher. Reply 401 ...

15.

Text - erinwrestles • 1d My son grew up watching Red Dwarf. I got a call from his 2nd grade teacher that he had called a classmate a "smeg head". The teacher told me "I don't even know what that means but wanted to tell you about it." Reply 311

16.

Text - emc86 • 1d I was a summer camp counselor (18 years old) at the time. A boy (we'll call him Brian) about 13-14 years old came up to another counselor and I almost crying. He complained younger kids (4-5 boys about 10-11years old) were teasing him because of how he ran. Brian claimed (lied) his gym teacher told him "humans run faster by not using their arms." We asked him if he could demonstrate his "superior human ability" and show us this run. He literally ran like a Naruto ninja, and loo

17.

Text - acgasp • 1d I am a teacher, but no stories come to mind. However, when I was in first grade, my sworn enemy (yes I had a sworn enemy in 1st grade; we mutually hated each other's guts) was telling my classmates that I was picking my nose and eating it, then told the teacher the same. The teacher asked me if I was and I denied it and started to cry because I said he was saying mean things about me, so she put the kid in the corner for telling fibs and spreading lies. The reality was, I WAS

18.

Text - Euffy • 1d "Miisssss, they're teasing me because they're saying I sneezed and got snot everywhere and didn't wash my hands and now they're saying I have the lurgy and they don't want to touch my pencils." "Well I did see you sneeze. Did you wash your hands?" "No..." "I don't think I can help you here...go and wash your hands" Reply 197 ...

19.

Text - morales52904 • 1d Apparently I rolled my eyes at someone when I was in kindergarten. I was across the room from the kid so the fact that they caught me looking at the ceiling and made it about them was astonished. On top of that I couldn't even defend myself because I had no clue what rolling one's eyes even meant or implied. Reply 95 ...

20.

Text - RayDeaver • 1d I was talking to one of the girls in my class right before we had to do oral book reports. I don't know why, but out of nowhere, I confessed to her that I hadn't read the book but my sister had and she told me everything about it so I wrote the report from there. As soon as she heard that she raised her hand, shouted at the top of her lungs that I didn't read the book, and was only pretending I had. Reply 190

21.

Text - sexyginger420• 1d Not a teacher, but In the 5th grade (im a twin) during recess this kid asked my brother if he could flip him over his shoulder for no reason, so he did and the kid got slammed on the concrete and got my brother sent to the office. I got in trouble too due to "association" Reply 1 143

22.

Text - RandomGirl184 • 1d My favorite complaint in my TK class was "Teacher! -insert name here- took the only blue ball, but I wanted that one first!!!" They would usually sob uncontrollably as they told on the other kid, and if I asked the kid with the ball if they could share, they would usually say no and start crying too Q Keep in mind we had a giant bucket full of balls, but if they weren't the "right color" a fight would basically break out. Reply 191 ...

23.

Text - Milfshake23 • 1d In kindergarten we incubated and raised live chicks, I accidentally dropped mine into the box they were all living in, not from high up or anything. Some kid told on me for it. I learned from a young age that you will be punished for accidents so better start working on being perfect all the time OR ELSE. Looking back though a lot of the activities in the classroom were not age appropriate for 3-4 year olds. I distinctly remember a log with nails in it and an actual hamme

24.

Text - Slymate • 1d This was me. I once told on my friend to my teacher for changing his desktop wallpaper to a shark. Teacher was like "ok... so what?" That's my reaction now. I have no idea why I did that. Reply 1 31 ...

25.

Text - ugagradlady • 1d I told on a boy in fifth grade for his constant whistling, which hurts my ears. He eventually did it to annoy me. Cut to the middle school cafeteria a year later. I see the kid and he's still whistling (though he doesn't appear to see me). I tattled on him again, and a teacher told me he had a disorder that made him constantly whistle. So I bullied a kid for either OCD or Tourette's syndrome. I got what I deserved from him. Reply 33 ...

26.

Text - lildee_19 • 1d Not a teacher But back in year 6, we were at a school camp, and we were sitting in the dinning room and there was a mini tv which was showing the Voice. A classmate and i were clapping a contestant who had walked out on stage and a girl told the teacher that we were bullying her, because the kid next to her called her fat and we clapped along therefore agreeing with the kid. Reply 1 77 + ...

27.

Text - Green_Leader_Edd • 23h Not a teacher but in 4th grade or so, One girl was wearing flip-flops and scratching her foot. Some kid called for the teacher and said "Sabrina is scratching her foot and its disgusting!" My teacher just responded with "Well, Don't like don't watch" and continued with the lesson Reply 28 ...

28.

Text - canonson 1d Not a teacher but I was a TA for a while in high school. I remember a freshman coming up to me saying they were pissed this other girl in the back was playing games on HER phone. They aren't suppose to be using phones at all. Long story short both phones were taken. Reply 26 ...

29.

Text - Acey97 • 1d At the end of my second grade year our teacher was leaving for another school. There were a couple girls super upset about it and I tried to comfort them and suggested they may find a better teacher in the future. They then proceeded to lose there shit and screamed to the teacher that I said that they're definitely going to have a better teacher next year. Motherfuckers got me 10 minutes deducted from recess. Reply 1 11 ...

30.

Text - Kitcat-cat • 1d Not a teacher I was the one that got told on in this case, anyway I was having a conversation with my friend and I said the word sex as of genders and some kid heard me and told the teacher because "sex is a bad word" and I got in trouble even though I explained to the teacher what I actually meant. I was in first grade Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment