Thursday, July 30, 2020

Staff Sergeant Micromanages Logistics Department, Revenge Ensues


Man, oh, man, we love a good old military revenge. They usually possess just the right amount of malicious compliance. This micromanaging staff sergeant learned a painful lesson in the value of leaving the logistics to the logistics department. Just picturing these trucks rolling up to their very incorrect location, which happened to be a vast and empty desert is really the icing on the cake. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/MobCurt • 11h + Join 3 1 O1 Sending trucks to the wrong state to screw over a SSgt So back when I was in my first unit we had to ship all of our 7 tons off to get up armoured. That meant that over a year or so we shipped them all from South Carolina to Wisconsin. I was in charge of logistics at the time so I coordinated it all and loaded the trucks. Overall, a pretty easy task. The only challenge was the documentation.

2.

Text - Anyways, it was all going well until this new SSgt showed up in the motor pool. He was an asshole. Just treated everyone like shit. He made my life miserable when I tried to ship these trucks. Like I didn't want too, it wasn't overly fun. Sometimes it even required me to work on weekends, so I would have been happy just not doing it. However, I had to, HQMC ordered it, so there was no reason for him to be pissy with me.

3.

Text - Anyways, so once he took over shipping these trucks became a pain in the ass because he would want to micromanage because I was a lower rank. So I let him and he wanted to sign shit. So I made up lines for him to sign. So finally I had it with him. One day I decided since he wanted to sign and be important I would fuck him up. So when my next big shipment (like 4 trucks) came along I decided that instead of sending them to Wisconsin like they were supposed to go, I would send them somewhe

4.

Text - Well, a couple weeks later the call comes in that our trucks never arrived. So the command starts getting worried that a few trucks had gone missing. They come to our shop and we just informed them that this SSgt had taken charge of all the shipments lately. So they go to him and he proudly said he had taken over, but crumbled when they asked him where the trucks were. It took them a couple of weeks but finally a call from 29 Palms came into our command that they had these trucks show up

5.

Text - Edit: so for those bitching about taxpayer dollars, you obviously have not been in the military. I had asshole leaders like this cost far more than a couple of trucks because they couldn't let the experts just do their jobs. One example was we had a C-130 fly from Bahrain to Jordan to pick up cargo. I was to load it, but the senior leadership didn't think I needed to go because a random non logistics officer was at that base to load. So the C-130 flew internationally to get cargo, was nev

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment