Friday, July 31, 2020

Night Shifters Creepiest Paranormal Experiences


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the scariest paranormal things that night shifters ever saw while on the job. These eerie accounts might make you never want to work that night shift in the future. All the creepy things seem to happen at night. 

1.

Text - thisbillgates • 1d I worked at a 7/11. One night I kept hearing what sounded like a little girl crying, but the store was completely empty. Whenever l'd go the the area where I thought it was coming from, l'd hear it from somewhere else. I hope somebody was messing with me but Il'm not sure Reply 4.7k

2.

Text - RCKJD • 23h I don't have a story, but here is the one my wife likes to tell: She is a nurse and for a couple of years she was working nightshift in the Palliative Care Unit. Which is the comfort care/end of life unit. Patients in that unit are expected to die, or to be sent home or to a care home to die. Anyways, those rooms also had a radio, and according to her it happened a few times that a radio suddenly turned on, and within an hour or so a patient would pass on. One rather busy nigh

3.

Text - Psych_Riot • 1d I used to work at a 24hr Subway. (I know, great start to a paranormal experience story, huh?). Well one day I was doing the dishes, and my coworker was cleaning the toaster oven and bread oven. Out of nowhere, around 3:30am, I heard our door chime go off. Out of habit I say "welcome to Subway" as I turn the corner. Nobody there. Coworker gone. I thought "Okay, maybe he hopped the counter and went for a cigarette outside" as he did from time to time. Heading back to the sin

4.

Text - "To take out the trash", he replies. Door chime. He does the same thing as me-- "Welcome to Subway", turns corner to see nobody there but this time the door was wide open. Our doors are weighted to where they'll close on their own if you let go of them. Door stayed open for a couple minutes as we stared... Then suddenly slammed. Not a windy night, and our doors wouldn't even stay open like that on the windiest of days. Have no idea what caused this, or why it happened on that particular n

5.

Text - Ithappens56 • 1d I worked at a movie store in college. I was closing one night and just kind of doing a final walk through. I kept hearing what sounded like movie cases shuffling. I looked around thinking maybe someone had came in last minute although I didn't hear the bell ring for when someone enters the store. Didn't see anyone. Then I hear what sounds like a movie fall off a shelf in the kids section. I go over and there's a movie laying on the ground and I shit you not it was Casper.

6.

Text - th3_warth0g • 1d I work the front gate at a military installation. The night shift is super dull and quiet where I am at. For awhile I noticed this dark green old ford bronco that would roll up. When I would stand out the gate shack, the car would do a 180 and leave. This happened about 2-3 times until I finally caught the license plate before it turned. I ran the numbers to my supervisor. He asked me if I was sure. I said I'm 100% certain. He tells me it couldn't be because the numbers l

7.

Text - vanessaS11 • 1d Used to work at IHOP. A cook before my time got shot and died during robbery. I would always hear someone in the kitchen such as the spatulas clanking but nobody would be in the kitchen. Once I saw black figure in the back figured it was the cook, when I went outside to the front of the restaurant, the cook was sitting outside smoking. There was no current orders either. Other coworkers experienced some stories. One of them said she felt pushed but I can't speak on what I

8.

Text - GrainyGuernica • 22h Night watch in the barracks at Ft Gordon. That's a night shift, right? Anyway, so many things happened in 3 different rooms that I could write a book. It completely changed my believe in paranormal activity. This one took place in the middle of the night so this is the one I'll tell. I'm sitting by the stairwell on the 2nd floor and hear someone shouting in a room down a hallway. I'm on duty so I run to the room and swing open the door expecting to see some fighting.

9.

Text - theshizirl • 1d While working at a psych ward, every morning at about 2am there would be the sound of someone running down the main service hallway, followed by the same door at the end slamming. One time I kept a close eye on the area but when I was distracted for a few seconds the footsteps began but when I got to the area there was nothing. According to one of the managers that had happened for several years, always at the same time every morning, and most believed it was a ghost of on

10.

Text - tinyriver60 • 1d I was working at a gas station at like 3 AM one night. A car pulled in to the pump, guy got out and started pumping, and then the car and dude just...vanished. I was looking right at it, and it just popped out of existence. I told my boss the next day and she turned white as a sheet. She'd seen the same thing, same exact description, same car, same pump, same guy. Reply 5.9k ...

11.

Text - jws97 • 1d When a patient buzzed and asked me to " ask the person behind the curtain to go away ". Fyi it was dark and everyone was in their beds Reply 578 ...

12.

Text - RaxusDoom • 1d I worked night shift at a hotel. I also had a day job and the manager was cool and said I could sleep as long as I woke up if someone needed something. One night, I woke up and saw a guy... Well, more of a silhouette of a guy... Staring at me through the windows of the Dutch door to the courtyard. He was really tall (6.5 ft?) And had a black duster/trenchcoat and hat. I jumped up from the couch, put down the remote I had fallen asleep with in my hand and rushed to the door

13.

Text - He was gone. And no sign of him anywhere in the courtyard and there were only two long, straight paths. He couldn't even have ran that fast. I forget about it and continue my night. Fast forward about three weeks and my coworker is telling me about an "evil spirit" that lives in one of the rooms (all the employees knew there were at least 4 haunted rooms there, as well as the elevator. No, seriously). He started describing a tall shadowy guy. I cut him off and say "like 6 or 7 feet? Black

14.

Text - I tell him what happened. And that innocent incident that night all of a sudden got super creepy. Another time, at another job... I was getting ready to do security rounds. Roughly around 3:15am. I am whistling the Arthur movie theme song (it had just played on the radio). It was dead quiet except just crickets. As I open the door to the patrol car, still whistling, I hear a whistle off in the bushes (the bushes on a 60ft cliff). It's the same tune. In the same type of whistle I have (I d

15.

Text - I immediately stop. The whistling keeps going. I get into the car and book it. Take about 20 minutes longer than I normally do to get back and am super careful/nervous/ paranoid when I get back. Never saw anyone or anything. Never heard it again. But on that note... Sometimes if I fell asleep at that job, l'd wake up to the sound of my old boss shouting my name. He used to come in about the same time that I would hear the sound and wake up. That happened pretty regularly. The weird thing

16.

Text - bloodykermit • 1d I was firmly against the idea of paranormal activity prior to working in an old folks home. You always felt watched. Always. Even when not in view of the camera. But that was the tip of the iceberg. Several times while I was working, things would fly off the walls even though it was unprovoked. I'm talking hand sanitizer containers that flew fifteen feet from the wall it was on, cups that were stationary on the counter and all of a sudden flew across the room, and clipbo

17.

Text - Nothing is as unsettling as Bill in 209. Bill lived in this room while he was a tenant. While someone was visiting, they stayed in room 209. The visitor came downstairs, said that Bill had come into his room, and said "don't worry it's just Bill!" while he was in the shower, and then asked who Bill was. We explained that there was no one who lived or worked there named Bill. A couple days later, the same visitor was cleaning out records for the care center, where they worked. As they were

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment