Thursday, July 9, 2020

Man Misunderstands Ugly Duckling, Assumes Female Swans Aren't A Thing


This man had a tragic, hilarious misunderstanding thanks to the Ugly Duckling. He thought that female swans weren't a thing. Sometimes you realize that you are in fact that dude who fell through the cracks. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + JOIN u/Laziy-Beans • 8h 1 TIFU by misunderstanding the ugly duckling S The other night, I was out getting a drink with some friends from university, and for some reason or another, the conversation turned to swans. Now, as a kid, I remember reading the Ugly Duckling - and for some reason, I completely misunderstood it. Not the lesson of the story or anything, but the reason that the duckling was ugly in the first place. The reason being that it was, of course, a swan.

2.

Text - But for some reason, I got a few wires crossed, and thought it was in fact a duckling like the rest. Instead of thinking that the swan was a different kind of bird, I thought that swans were just male ducks. For some reason I never stopped thinking it, even though l've seen plenty of ducks, and literally had the differences between male and female ones pointed out to me before. I don't know why it never got through to me. I guess I just thought they were different kinds of duck or somethi

3.

Text - What this means is that when one of my friends mentioned something about female swans, I scoffed and very loudly proclaimed that “you can't have female swans". I stuck by this, convinced they were fucking with me, until they realised I wasn't kidding. And that's how I, at the age of 19, finally learned that female swans exist. My friends won't stop laughing at me over it, and I really have no defence other than it made sense at the time. TL;DR I didn't think swans could be female, my frie

4.

Text - wolf_kisses • 7h Similarly, my husband thought turkeys were male chickens lol

5.

Text - fuzzyalpacasocks • 6h My friend thought reindeers are mythical due to their association with Santa Claus and at some point made a statement about rabbit eggs because of their associations with Easter. Very academically gifted but yet not the brightest bulb, that one

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment