Sunday, July 26, 2020

Cheap Manager Loses $300K Of Business


This employee gave their manager a swift and brutal reality check. It's all about knowing your worth. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/TheflyingLag • 2y + Join You give me a poor raise and bonus i take away annual 300K dollars of business from you I was lurking for sometimes and here I am ready to tell my pro-revenge story. To put some context on the story, I was working at a multi-national firm, I did my final internship post- masters degree there and they liked me so they offered me a job as a junior consultant. Fresh from school I couldn't be happier. As I was naïve, I signed the contract without worryi

2.

Text - In my second month, a colleague screwed up big time, he did something by mistake jeopardizing one of our biggest accounts, and one of the biggest banks worldwide, easily could have made it to the news headlines. They fired the guy and offered me to work on the account (at the time I had not enough experience to handle working on a team that manages one of our biggest clients) but accepted the offer anyway. I start working with the team located in a different country to work on the interna

3.

Text - They were very happy with my work and I even had my own team to work for me when I have to multi-account. The manager was very happy with me because I exceeded expectation and I bring more work fees to the firm. While I was waiting for a big raise and bonus in the yearly evaluation, the manager said that I did nothing special. I swallowed my anger and continue to work flawlessly the same as the first year but with a big fuck you attitude. They even gave me other accounts and a team to man

4.

Text - The second-year evaluation, because of my fuck you attitude, they tried to dig dirt on me so they can punish me, they found nothing, the client was very happy with my work. The manager and HR Director (HRD) went an extra mile to dig dirt on me from my team, they found nothing, my academic background gave me a lot of tools to work with to manage. I was a good team leader, I trained them well, and i took responsibility for every decision made. On the yearly evaluation, the Managing Partner

5.

Text - It was like the stars were aligning for me, In that big bank account, I was the only remaining from the team, and because it requires a lot of international coordination, not everyone could keep tab on everything and there was an account history to keep an eye on, we worked with a lot of high profile associates around the world and they are pretty much zero mistake tolerance. As I was the remaining member of the old team, the account associate requested me to come visit him in another cou

6.

Text - Late December I resigned and demanded to perform only one month notice. I know their drill they II say they have to consult the MP and they will get back to me with response as soon as possible but in the meantime I should train someone to replace me, at the end of the month and once a replacement is trained, they will say he said no you should stay 3 months or pay up the 2 months (They did this to everyone before me). As I had one year to plan my revenge I set aside my revenge money, to

7.

Text - Manager: TheflyingLag, you can't cancel your paid vacation as there isn't much work to do at that time, YOU WILL TAKE PAID VACATION LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. ME: I won't take it, I'm not like everyone else, I'm on resignation notice Manager: Doesn't matter you'll take it nevertheless ME: As stated by labor laws, the employee on resignation notice can't take paid vacation otherwise it will extend their notice by the said vacation unless there is an agreement between the two parties on it. WHICH

8.

Text - HRD: We didn't find the right person to replace you and we are still looking. ME: I don't care that much, you said in the evaluation I did nothing special and I haven't what it takes you climb. HRD: Noticed my evil look, sure it was brutal how we treated you. But you can't leave you Il stay 3 months and we have a plenty of time to find someone to replace you and you will train him. ME: That's not going to happen, at the end of the month l'm leaving and you can't stop me. HRD: in this case

9.

Text - The OD is a poker champion and he was in the meeting just to call my bluffs. I leaned on the meeting table to give him enough physical reading of my intention so he can see that l'm not bluffing, I said that, I'm leaving at the end the month you have two options, Option 1: I pay you the 2 months but I will train nobody or option 2: I'll train somebody to replace me but I won't pay you, you choose wisely. HRD: This is blackmail. ME: You called it whatever you want, that's my offer, take it

10.

Text - In the rush they agree to give up the 2-months pay in exchange of training someone, they find a junior without any experience to fill for me, I gave her a lousy training, and after 2 months the client wasn't happy, he dropped our firm. To have some perspective, on the bank account I alone scored 2000 hours with hourly fees of 200 dollars. They basically give up over 300K annually from that account because they thought it was wise to screw a junior staff on his raise and bonus for two year

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment