Thursday, July 2, 2020

Boss Lies To Employee About Raise, Employee Steals Boss's Work


This boss shouldn't have lied to their employee about giving them a raise. Seriously, just be straightforward and honest, people. But alas, that would seem to be too much to ask from some folks. So, queue up the pro revenge, and the employee going on to befriend the owner of the company who was responsible for 90% of the company's income. Now that's how you solve the problem by going right to the top. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/TheAwesomeAustin • 1y 1 10 3 6 Lie about giving me a raise? Say goodbye to your income. (UPDATED! Now with 100% more REVENGE.) Sorry that its so long! Please have patience. There is a reason why I wrote it all out like this. I wanted my thought process to be understood through the story. I doubt anything like this will happen again in my life and I wanted to share it with all of you :) (TL;DR at the bottom) Background:

2.

Text - I work as a sub-contractor for an actually licensed contractor for a reality company. Basically, the realty company buys houses, and the contractor tells us to go to the new address, and my coworkers and I flip the house and get it ready to be rented out. When I first started a job, it was a difficult transition considering I was a plumber previously but, eventually I became a valuable asset to Contractor's company thus the realty company as well. The contractor was infamous for being a b

3.

Text - This guy makes easily 2 million a year (so he says) so I don't really think $100 off the price matters that much. Not enough to get into a screaming match and ruin relationships with the other sub-contractors. I have been working for him for about a year now at 16/hr. Not too bad for my area but, I make him a lot more a day than the $160 I make every 10-hour work day. One day I asked him for a raise, which he laughs and shuts me down immediately. After that, I decide to work harder, get h

4.

Text - He loved how much I was getting done and I could practically see the dollar signs in his eyes when I told him all that I got done every day. Finally, the day came where I saved up just enough money to buy my Dad's old ford van. Then not long after, I bought a little piece of crap 5x10 trailer that I had to fix up. The following Monday I pull up with the bright white gas guzzler and the fixed-up trailer following behind. I walked up to him smiling ear to ear about my accomplishment, hoping

5.

Text - At the end of the day, I finally have a moment with him to discuss my raise. "So! I have the van, and the trailer. I have saved up and done everything you said that I needed to do to make more money and be more of an asset to this company." He narrows his eyes at me, "What are you talking about?" "You said that ifI got a van and a trailer that you would pay me more," I said confused. "I never said any of that shit. You have to actually work if you want anything else from me." I was devast

6.

Text - I was finally tired of dealing with Contractor. Tired and defeated, I decided it was time to start looking for other jobs that actually had the possibility to move up. Then the company electrician gave me an idea. (I am going to call him Adam for privacy reasons) Adam is a good guy all around. If you needed advice or, just someone to talk to, he was always there for you. I told him about everything that has happened with Contractor and told him I was looking for other jobs.

7.

Text - He simply said," You're not supposed to be here to try and make it to the top. You're here to learn. Learn everything you can and then one day, you'll be the contractor. A better one than Contractor for sure. Why not look into getting your general contracting license? Its not hard, you just have to work for it. That's what I did to an extent. I worked for Contractor for years dealing with his bullshit. Until one day I decided to get my electrician's license. Now, he doesn't decide what I'

8.

Text - Revenge: I did some research on becoming a general contractor in my state (Requirements differ in other states). Basically, I would need books to learn the material, references, a bank reference, and to pass the test. The books were pretty expensive. With bills, taking care of my family and a monthly van payment, it seemed impossible for now. Until I found a group following in my area that needed a handyman to do a variety of things. Perfect. Extra money. Soon, my name started blowing up

9.

Text - It took a while, but I sent in all that I had and prayed to whatever god is there for me to be invited to take the test. I waited and wait until about three weeks and FINALLY I got a letter inviting me to the next test... it was a three-hour drive and on a Tuesday. Great another speed bump. Have to miss work AND pay $300. The day of the test came, and I panicked. It was open book but, I eventually ran out of time and didn't get to finish. I was so disappointed in myself that I basically g

10.

Text - That's about when my resolve renews itself within me. I had to do this. Not only for me but, for him. I saved up all over again and came up with the $300 and requested for a re-take of the test. I took practice tests online, so I was ready. The day came and I BARELY manage to pass. BUT I still pass the test and receive my license! Now time for the fun part.

11.

Text - With all of the time passing, I became pretty close friends with the owner of the reality company. Going to BBQS, stopping to tell him some corny joke I saw on Facebook (he LOVED puns), and doing extra tasks not under Contractor. One day, I came into his office and saw some invoices from Contractor one his desk. I just said," Wow, that's how much you're paying him? Dude, he should at least take it a little bit easy on you being that you have known each other for so long." He just nodded a

12.

Text - Finally, Owner calls me and wants me to come to his house for a beer and to "talk business". (We've done this a few times before. It's usually about his wife or hit last time he played golf). I pull into his driveway, and he told me to meet him out back. After the usual how-are- yous he tells me that him and Contractor had a bit of an argument and they are "limiting" him from now on. Then, he turned to me, and said," There is a meeting Friday. I want you there at 9 o'clock." I hesitate. I

13.

Text - Sorry it was so long. I guess I was excited/scared of what is about to happen. The way I see it, it can go one of two ways. 1. I could be asked to take Contractors place and have Contractor work for me. 2. They fought about what I had said about prices, and they came to an agreement that they need to confront me and/or fire me. I'll let you know when I do. Thanks for reading! Update: IT HAPPENED. OH MY FREAKING GOD.

14.

Text - So I went to the meeting this morning, and as I came in everyone shook my hand. Some i've seen before and said my "Hi how are you"s to, others I have never met in my life. THIS WAS AN INVESTOR MEETING. Some of these people are worth figures in the nine digits. I was internally freaking out after finding out, but if you've read, you'd know I know ho to keep my cool. After our greetings, we sat down and waited. It wasn't clear who we were waiting on until an hour later Contractor walks in w

15.

Text - Everyone made a face and greeted Contractor while we got settled again. Contractor didn't seem to notice me until we all sat back down. I saw him do a double take and, give me a look that said, "What the fuck are you doing here?" I had requested off today so I could only imagine what he was thinking. After introducing the new investors to the old investors, Owner got started saying about how we were going to have an amazing 2019 and an amazing future for the company. (I suppose he was jus

16.

Text - About two hours of production values and budget stuff blah blah, He turned to me and said, "I would just like to take the time to congratulate OP for passing the general contractor's exam and his newly acquired business!" I smiled, and thanked him, then he continued. "As we are growing, we have a demand for new and inspiring people within our company. After hearing about OP's success in both our company and his, I would like to personally ask him a question in front of the whole team." (M

17.

Text - Just then Contractor stand up and says, "What the fuck? I'm your god damn contractor! I've been your contractor for over a decade! You can't just replace me for some dip shit that doesn't know what he is doing!" Owner smugly looks at Contractor and says," We're not replacing you. You will just answer to him now. All tasks, orders and billing will go through him now. If you would like to still work for us, granted you mind your mouth and tone, you will run anything you do by OP. Contractor

18.

Text - Owner chuckles, and says," You don't have that power anymore. As long as OP agrees to my question." I turn to him and say," Are you sure you can afford me?" I laugh and shake his hand. "Yes. This is all I have ever wanted. All that I have worked for. Now we can get some real work done. (I have to admit something, I've been practicing that response since I was asked to come to this meeting lol.) Contractor stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him and I didn't see him for the r

19.

Text - In a little under a year, I received a great license, my own business, and pretty much non-stop work. If there is anything you guys reading can take from this, I hope it will be this: Don't settle in life. Be hungry to better yourself, and be the best person you can be. The only person stopping you is yourself. Again, I'm sorry that it is so long. When I wrote the first part I have had a few drinks, and when I got home I continued drinking lol. I could condense it but, I'm not going to du

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment