Thursday, June 18, 2020

People's Proudest Heat Of The Moment Comments


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about people's most satisfying heat of the moment comments. Sometimes tempers flare, rational discourse gets tossed out the window, and someone mutters something that was completely unfiltered. Usually, what follows after that is some golden silence, and hopefully everyone just calming down and not escalating things further. 

1.

Text - jasonm71 • 3h F 2 Awards We had a overly dramatic neighbor who always claimed she was sick and dying. My mom came to see my kids in the middle of battling stage 4 lung cancer. The neighbor pulled her, "Hi Rita, so glad to see you. Did Jason tell you that I am dying?" My mom looked right at her, smiled and said "Me too, dear. But not today." Never more proud of her. Reply 10.0k ...

2.

Text - Seeker7fold • 3h 1 Award This one had a little setup, but I think it's funny enough to share. At a family vacation, my grandmother was giving me grief for not remembering her birthday (I've never been good with birthdays) after telling me it was the password to her iphone (she wanted me to take a picture with it, which is why I needed the password.) While she was distracted, I opened up the settings, changed her password to my birthdate, and then set her phone down. Cue 15 minutes later,

3.

Text - 1 Award When I was a broke college student, a wealthy older lawyer hit my car. No damage to his but mine was crumpled, and spent all of my no money at the time keeping it on the road. I was going literally 7 mph in a parking lot and he was entirely at fault. We exchanged insurance info and I had to get a rental car until mine was fixed. He dodged the insurance calls for about two weeks, forcing me to pay out of pocket for the rental, about $600 which I definitely didn't have. I knew this

4.

Text - I-Am-DAINJAH • 4h Got to work one morning, my chosen football team had thrashed my bosses chosen team, i gave him a load of shit for it (humorously of course, my boss is great). He gave me some shit back, and told me to do a stock take on all items we have beginning with the letter C. I pointed at him and said, 1. Luckily, he took it the correct way and laughed a lot. Reply 1 2.1k ...

5.

Text - hairybeaverlove • 2h 1 Award I had a surgery and when I woke up, the nurse was REALLY CUTE, so I started flirting with her ( with no success)...I had a 2nd surgery and when I woke up, it was the same cute nurse, my first words to her were: How many surgeries do I have to have before I get your phone number???? ( we've been married 8 yrs now) Reply 1.5k ...

6.

Text - Kris681 • 3h 3 Awards About 25 year ago, I was in grade 9 and my parents bought me a pair of Air Max. I'm a female, but I had picked a pair of Air Max that were 'supposed' to be for males because I preferred the colour of the shoes. I was super pumped to get those shoes; we didn't have lots of money and it was a pretty extravagant purchase. Anyway, I was at our local shopping centre and I ran into a group of guys I went to high school with. They were a real bunch of arseholes that thrived

7.

Text - eachfire • 3h The first day camping at a 2016 music festival, I headed off with a 4-gallon jug to get water. A girl who was with our group, who l'd never met before, asked if I needed help. I responded, "No-but l'd sure love some company." We're getting married this fall. Reply 1.8k

8.

Text - slip-7 • 4h 1 Award I was the lawyer in this criminal case arising out the Standing Rock events. That morning, some Lakota people had given us this traditional blessing to wish us well for the trial, and there were five to seven activists sitting in the courtroom to watch and support us. It happened that there was a certain digital document that I needed before the jury got back from a break, and we didn't know just when the break would be over. I remember turning to the supporters holdin

9.

Text - dingobabez • 3h 10 Awards I was crazy about this dude. He was intelligent, hot, funny, and a bit older. After a few weeks of dating he said he wasn't ready for a commitment. I told him to come pick up his book from my place, and not to reach out again as it hurt too much. I was that in to him. So he comes to my apartment, I hand him the book, and begin to shut the door. He puts his foot in the way to stop it and says "I don't know what to do. I'm not ready, but I can't stop thinking about

10.

Text - eurania • 5h "Respect should be earned, not given." To some old lady at an extended family gathering. She was saying some mean stuff about the homeless where she lived and I told her how inconsiderate she was. Then she told me to respect her and not rebut her. Reply 4.8k

11.

Text - gottagetpastit • 5h 1 Award Around the time I was 12, I was at a family party with my dad and aunts/uncles. My dad told me that one of my uncles owned several bars. My response? "Oh, it's good that he got into a business that he knows something about." I had no idea what I really was saying, I thought I was giving him a compliment. Reply 31.2k ...

12.

Text - kezopster • 3h I was accused of being passive aggressive. I replied "Which part sounded passive? I don't ever want to come across as passive." Reply 316 ...

13.

Text - TuesDazeGone • 5h 3 2 Awards "There's no way you're this much of an asshole naturally, you must go home and practice." I said this to a coworker who was throwing a fit and bullying a quieter coworker because he was pissed off. He had a habit of just being a giant douche anytime things didn't go his way. This comment pissed him off so much he just stormed into his office and stayed there the rest of the day (win for the rest of us). Reply 18.1k ...

14.

Text - irmz80 • 5h Was working in a job, and the head manager from out of state came in for a visit, it was a quiet work day - so everyone is managing to look busy when he rocks around. He Asks how our days going and I pipe up "ah, just trying to look busy". He didn't say much back and walked out of the room - my peers just looked at me like wtf did you just say that for!! I'm facepalming and wanting to hide under a rock. Reply 1 2.0k ...

15.

Text - ashish19982001 • 6h 1 Award I tripped going up stairs at my university. Several people came over to make sure I was okay. I'm fine, just my shins and my ego bruised, so I was trying to make light of it by joking "walking is hard" and "stairs are tricky" at the same time, but I just ended up squawking "Stairs! Hard!" in a girls face before I ran off. Sigh. Reply 3.8k

16.

Text - azewonder • 4h I'm a tech nerd, have always been into phones, computers, etc. One of my exes hated this (bc I wasn't giving her my absolute, undivided devotion ugh). One day she complained that I loved my electronics more than I loved her. Without even thinking, I said, "yeah, they have a mute button". Reply 887 ...

17.

Text - proteinstains • 5h I bid you good day, sir. I SAID GOOD DAY! Reply 724 ...

18.

Text - _saltyChicken_ • 4h That one loud kid in class (TOLKIC): yO TEACHERRR IM GETTING A HAIR REBOND Teacher: careful the chemicals can worsen your already weird brain TOLKIC: bUt beauty is pain! Me : then teacher must be very beautiful to deal with a pain in the butt like you I felt like a queen and even the teacher laughed. Even funnier it was in Mother Tongue class and I barely talk in it because I suck so for me to say it in Malay just exploded the class Reply 366

19.

Text - LIS1050010 • 5h At dinner my parents once said that I should not talk when my mouth was full, a few minutes later they proceed talking with food in their mouths... I said something along the lines "You should not talk when your mouth is full!" I will dispense to tell what happened after... Reply 328 ...

20.

Text - Death_has_relaxed_me • 3h l'll always remember this. Back in high school, debate class. Teacher was explaining to an extremely talkative girl that she can't just interrupt and talk down to her opponent. Girl said something like "I know how to talk" and I said "Yeah, we know". The class laughed andI was cool for a moment. I'm in my 30s now. I don't live a very exciting life. Reply 15 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment