Sunday, May 24, 2020

Irritating Times Students Encountered Toxic Nonsense


This Twitter thread serves as a collection of times that students encountered challenges, adversity, from teachers or classmates. If anything, it can serve as a valuable reminder to stay true to yourself, and not let any of the haters get ya down. There will always be someone around ready to crack the next joke or laugh at your expense. Who cares? 

1.

Text - Justin Boldaji @justinboldaji I became radicalized when I was in 4th grade & I took a science test & studied hard for it & ended up completely acing it but when I was done with the test I was bored & drew monsters in the margins of the paper & my teacher gave me a 90 out of 100 because of the monsters

2.

Text - bloop. @hibanako Replying to @justinboldaji i had a 7th grade english teach who told me to turn in an assignment i had already turned in and i told her and she literally yelled at me that i didnt and told me if i did to find it then and it was like the 10th one

3.

Text - (goth) Kassa @kassaotaku Replying to @justinboldaji My Spanish teacher in 10th grade, made us do 12 questions of a test in a 1-20 question Scantron then made us do the other part of the test on another Scantron but starting at 13, then made us do another 15Q in a bigger one, Then take everything and put it in a single Scantron

4.

Text - ダークソール @DarkSoul4242 Replying to @justinboldaji (English as a second language) I got once sent to the principal's office for talking back when my English teacher said "I am been" or "I will can" pointed out it was "I have been" and "be able to", she got hysteric and straight-up gave me Os for the whole year, dividing my grades

5.

Text - Sparrow/Liz : liminal nest @UntoNuggan Replying to @justinboldaji Context: My mom is from the UK, my dad from the US, I grew up in the US with children's books from both countries In kindergarten I kept getting marked wrong for writing "colour" and I was so upset, especially because I didn't realize there were US/UK spelling differences

6.

Text - rae bae @epicgringa Replying to @justinboldaji sophomore year in HS i had to write a ~persuasive essay and i didnt use the cookie cutter outline bullshit everyone used to write the paper and my teacher used my essay as an example to the class on what not to do.

7.

Text - Satan's Craft Room @CraftSatan Replying to @justinboldaji My HS vice principal interrupted my history class to share his personal story of going to UC Berkeley and being a Navy Seal. I cont to read the text. He pushed the book to the ground. Few years later he was on the news for faking credentials and lying about being in the military.

8.

Text - hrwinter @hrwinter Replying to @justinboldaji A professor gave me a failing 66 for a midterm. There were no red marks. When I went to his office hours to ask, he said it was because I only used answers from the book and not statements from his (incorrect) lectures. I'd somehow failed by not quoting him directly.

9.

Text - My Dog Eats Sticks @chetsbabe Replying to @ubersle and @justinboldaji I had an English teacher in 10th grade yell at me in class on our first research paper saying, "You can't write one sentence paragraphs." I now get paid to do so. Suck it Mr. Kidwell.

10.

Text - * marissa * @mxrivel Replying to @joshcurwin and @justinboldaji elementary school teachers are so annoying- they're teaching you basic things like writing but they will not let you do anything slightly different from what they do :/ when i was younger i wrote left handed but the teacher told me that was wrong and now i'm right handed

11.

Text - Karlie Marks @KarlieMarks Replying to @justinboldaji and @_aurely my senior thesis had a point knocked off for using the word "wed" instead of "married" even though wed fit the sentence structure better than married. also teach said she "didn't believe in perfect papers" and was really just looking for a place to dock my grade.

12.

Text - Leah @ubersle Replying to @justinboldaji In 4th grade, I answered the quiz question, "What do you call an animal that eats only plants?" as herbivore. My teacher marked it wrong and said it was 'vegetarian. I'd have taken that to the Supreme Court such was my wrath.

13.

Text - "Shine bright, circus man' @ChancellorSRA Replying to @ubersle and @justinboldaji I had a similar thing in 4th grade. Question: what do a plant's roots do? 9 yo Me: suck up water and nutrients Teacher: WRONG. They hold the plant in the ground. My mom, looking at the test answers: I... think your teacher might hate you.

14.

Text - Gillian Smith is LOCKED IN @thishere_nomad Replying to @justinboldaji My 4th grade science teacher had us make sun-cookers and my scientist parents looked at the directions and tossed them out the window for being wrong. My sun-cooker was one of two that actually worked and both of us got D's for not following directions.

15.

Text - Josh @joshcurwin Replying to @justinboldaji In second grade I took a math test, and instead of the normal 7, I wrote the kind that has the small horizontal line intersecting the vertical, cause l'd seen it in a book and liked it. The teacher marked each answer with such a 7 as wrong. 1.

16.

Text - JOI Biden 3030 @imacopyouidiot9 Replying to @justinboldaji My 1st grade teacher was teaching us math and I solved all the problems in the workbook when she was talking. She told me that "it was homework" and made me erase all my answers.

17.

Text - Mike Provencher @RevilFox Replying to @justinboldaji My 6th grade Home Room teacher had a deal where if you do all of your homework for 14 straight days, for every class, and get it signed off by every teacher, she would buy you McDonald's for lunch. I did it, and when I showed her she said, "Yeah, this deal isn't for you."

18.

Text - Brooke Zoom School of Law class of 2020 @Yarsian Replying to @justinboldaji I went to school where some teachers checked our notebooks. Like if we didn't have the notes exactly how they wanted them it would hurt your grade. Doodles were right out. So was understanding things differently. They also controlled what color folder went with what class.

19.

Text - an anthropomorphic guillotine, hungry and waiting @Queen_Antifa Replying to @justinboldaji I knew how negative numbers worked in first grade, and instead of writing 0 when we subtracted a large number from a smaller one, I wrote the correct answer. The teacher marked these as wrong and told me not to get ahead of first grade.

20.

Text - RogerStonePrisonbound! @TamarSmith3 Replying to @Damaia and @justinboldaji In 4th grade read Agatha Christie books under the table. My teacher would punish me for it. I was nine years old and reading adult books! Years later I thought how limited my teacher was for not recognizing what an advanced reader I was and encouraging it.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment